Need Some Recommendations

ThatHiddenDL

There are, in fact, flamingos.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So, my go to diaper is Tena Active Slip Maxi which I order from InControl Diapers and have them shipped to the US for about $113 per case of 72. Well, they are currently out of stock and probably won't be back until sometime in December. I used to wear Molicare Premiums, but you can't find them anymore (unless someone knows where to find them).

I need some recommendations for the meantime.

Tena's are pretty perfect for me capacity-wise, day and night, and are pretty much the most discreet diaper out there which is a necessity for me because I'm pretty slim and a lot of diapers are very noticeable on me.

I don't mind wearing cloth backed, so that's not really an issue, though I do prefer plastic backed.

So, I'm looking something similar to the Tena's discreetness and capacity, but not exceeding $1.65 per unit.

Any thoughts? Recommendations?

Also, I've seen some decent reviews with Medline Extended Wear. I'm leaning towards that, but, it is one that I have never tried before. . .

Abu simples in my opinion are best for capacity and being discreet. If you want medical diapers I recommend Northshore either Supremes or Megamax.

Demonbabywearspamps said:
Abu simples in my opinion are best for capacity and being discreet. If you want medical diapers I recommend Northshore either Supremes or Megamax.
All three are excellent, but Simples and Megamax are out of my price range for what I'm going for. You did remind me about Supreme Lite's though! Last time I used them they worked out fairly well and weren't too bulky, so I need to do some numbers crunching on those (inconveniently, something's up with NorthShore's website at the moment and I can't get shipping to populate). Gonna take a look at that route.

Reactions: Demonbabywearspamps
ThatHiddenDL said:
All three are excellent, but Simples and Megamax are out of my price range for what I'm going for. You did remind me about Supreme Lite's though! Last time I used them they worked out fairly well and weren't too bulky, so I need to do some numbers crunching on those (inconveniently, something's up with NorthShore's website at the moment and I can't get shipping to populate). Gonna take a look at that route.
Northshore has some good diapers if you want them cheaper.

Reactions: Pissingtiger
Look at Abena M4s.

Reactions: Pino, ThePaddedTurtle, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
I did a real-world test with a Tena Active Slip Maxi (size Medium) and got 1,457 ml / 49 fl oz, though this was just one test and the actual capacity might be higher.

Starting with that and setting a range of 1,200 to 1,700 ml, since this stuff is not very exact, and capping the price at $1.65, here are some plastic-backed diapers that seem to be comparable:

$1.36; capacity 1,411 ml / 47.7 fl oz: ABUniverse PreSchool Plastic, size large (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$1.65; capacity 1,555 ml / 52.6 fl oz: Bambino Classico All Over Print Diaper, size large (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$1.28; capacity 1,370 ml / 46.3 fl oz: DryDayz Premium Adult Nappies, size medium (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$0.88; capacity 1,207 ml / 40.8 fl oz: Forma-Care X-Plus, size medium (more photos info at link)

$1.16; capacity 1,291 ml / 43.7 fl oz: Molicare Slip Maxi, size medium (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$1.44; capacity 1,581 ml / 53.5 fl oz: NorthShore Supreme Brief Blue Pre-2020, size large (more info at link)

$1.33; capacity 1,507 ml / 51.0 fl oz: NorthShore Supreme Lite Brief Blue, size xl (more info at link)

$0.90; capacity 1,386 ml / 46.9 fl oz: Total Dry Plus Protection Fitted Brief, size large (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatHiddenDL
Last edited:
And if you don't mind thicker diapers that are still below $1.65, here are the ones I know about with a capacity over 1,700 ml:

$1.50; capacity 1,726 ml / 58.4 fl oz: ABUniverse BareBum, size large (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$1.43; capacity 2,160 ml / 73.0 fl oz: Abena Abri-Form Classic M4/L4 Brief, size medium (more info at link)

$1.50; capacity 2,204 ml / 74.5 fl oz: Abena Abri-Form Premium M4/L4 Brief, size medium (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$0.99; capacity 1,767 ml / 59.7 fl oz: Beesana Superslip Super Gr. 2, size medium (more info at link)

$1.42; capacity 2,372 ml / 80.2 fl oz: BetterDry M10, size medium (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$1.58; capacity 2,083 ml / 70.4 fl oz: ConfiDry 24/7 Max Absorbency Brief, size large (more info at link)

$1.50; capacity 1,789 ml / 60.5 fl oz: Crinklz Original, size medium (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$1.41; capacity 1,996 ml / 67.5 fl oz: Cuddlz Adult Bright Dayz, size large (more info at link)

$1.41; capacity 1,831 ml / 61.9 fl oz: Cuddlz Adult Nursery, size large (more info at link)

$1.31; capacity 2,006 ml / 67.8 fl oz: Drylife SlipSuper PE, size large (photos and info at link)

$1.51; capacity 2,199 ml / 74.4 fl oz: Nappies R Us Play Dayz Blue Plastic, size large (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$1.47; capacity 1,705 ml / 57.7 fl oz: Ontex ID Expert Slip Maxi Brief, size medium (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$1.48; capacity 1,741 ml / 58.9 fl oz: Wellness Superio Signature Series Brief, size large (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

Reactions: dogboy
ThatHiddenDL said:
So, my go to diaper is Tena Active Slip Maxi which I order from InControl Diapers and have them shipped to the US for about $113 per case of 72. Well, they are currently out of stock and probably won't be back until sometime in December. I used to wear Molicare Premiums, but you can't find them anymore (unless someone knows where to find them).

Tena's are pretty perfect for me capacity-wise, day and night, and are pretty much the most discreet diaper out there which is a necessity for me because I'm pretty slim and a lot of diapers are very noticeable on me.

I don't mind wearing cloth backed, so that's not really an issue, though I do prefer plastic backed.

So, I'm looking something similar to the Tena's discreetness and capacity, but not exceeding $1.65 per unit.

I dont know how available they are in the US, but Crinklz/Betterdry have really good value for money

Reactions: SofiaInPampers
XP medical has confidry 24/7 72count for $118
Seni makes some pretty ok diapers but most are cloth back
better dry at northshore are around $1.73 with 60 of them at 104

One of my favorite diapers is the total secure x plus but they never have them in stock any more. They was the most bang for the buck with 48 of them around 80 bucks. They would be number one in your price range but the DRY 24/7 is a real solid diaper too

ThatHiddenDL said:

Why not try rearz

WillFord384 said:
I did a real-world test with a Tena Active Slip Maxi (size Medium) and got 1,457 ml / 49 fl oz, though this was just one test and the actual capacity might be higher.

Starting with that and setting a range of 1,200 to 1,700 ml, since this stuff is not very exact, and capping the price at $1.65, here are some plastic-backed diapers that seem to be comparable:

$1.36; capacity 1,411 ml / 47.7 fl oz: ABUniverse PreSchool Plastic, size large (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$1.65; capacity 1,555 ml / 52.6 fl oz: Bambino Classico All Over Print Diaper, size large (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$1.28; capacity 1,370 ml / 46.3 fl oz: DryDayz Premium Adult Nappies, size medium (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$0.88; capacity 1,207 ml / 40.8 fl oz: Forma-Care X-Plus, size medium (more photos info at link)

$1.16; capacity 1,291 ml / 43.7 fl oz: Molicare Slip Maxi, size medium (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

$1.44; capacity 1,581 ml / 53.5 fl oz: NorthShore Supreme Brief Blue Pre-2020, size large (more info at link)

$1.33; capacity 1,507 ml / 51.0 fl oz: NorthShore Supreme Lite Brief Blue, size xl (more info at link)

$0.90; capacity 1,386 ml / 46.9 fl oz: Total Dry Plus Protection Fitted Brief, size large (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php
All I can say is "whoa" lol this is not the reply that I thought I'd get. This is both what I needed and what I didn't expect.

I actually decided to go with the Total Dry Plus after watching a couple of reviews and other sources. I'm not going to lie, the price was a big factor, but, at the same time, it seems like these might fill my need and I'm willing to go out on a limb. Everything I've read or watched suggests they a good moderate capacity diaper which is adequate for me and that they are discreet. If they don't quite pan out the way I hoped I'll just add a booster and make them my emergency diaper supply I guess.

One thing I've come to the conclusion of is that I've sort of spoiled myself on Tena's, in the sense, that they are NOT readily available in the US and I'll have to branch out when the time comes.

Thank you very much for this reply!

mommybeckysnursery said:
Why not try rearz
I've tried Rearz and I'm not against them or anything, but I find that they are more bulky than I feel comfortable with during the day. I'm not super skinny, but my frame makes most diapers I've used very obvious under clothes.

Diaperman95 said:
XP medical has confidry 24/7 72count for $118
Seni makes some pretty ok diapers but most are cloth back
better dry at northshore are around $1.73 with 60 of them at 104

One of my favorite diapers is the total secure x plus but they never have them in stock any more. They was the most bang for the buck with 48 of them around 80 bucks. They would be number one in your price range but the DRY 24/7 is a real solid diaper too
Ive tried all but the better dry and unfortunately they work awesomely . . . they just don't fit the bill for me with discretion. That's not to say they can't be discreet on others, but they leave creases in my khakis that scream diaper lol.

ThatHiddenDL said:
Ive tried all but the better dry and unfortunately they work awesomely . . . they just don't fit the bill for me with discretion. That's not to say they can't be discreet on others, but they leave creases in my khakis that scream diaper lol.
Well the better dry is a lot like the dry 24/7 fit and feel or I think so. the Tena stretch is affordable and some what more discrete than some of the others mentioned also so you might look at it. I also have been using the seni active super plus pull up some and been overall impressed with its abilities for a pull up. Its hard to find a good fit that is discrete and works good. lucky I am fat enough my loose fitting cloths hides them pretty well..

You will like the fit of the total dry if that's what you went with. They stay snug and don't stretch I loved the total dry x plus I use to buy.

ThatHiddenDL said:
You could be a brave adventurer and try one of the brand new soon to be released BetterDry Day diapers, supposedly they're going to be targeted for discreet wear.

my current go to for daily wear is the seni super quatro, they hold up well, have good capacity, and generally aren't too bulky.

Abodge said:
You could be a brave adventurer and try one of the brand new soon to be released BetterDry Day diapers, supposedly they're going to be targeted for discreet wear.
I didn't hear about this. I'll definitely try them whenever they're available!

ThatHiddenDL said:

I don't know where in Georgia you live but there is a place called diapers outlet/Payless medical on hwy 85 in Fayetteville (not to be confused with interstate 85) that has all sorts of medical diapers that you normally don't find in the wild. They carry molicare of all shapes and sizes, tranquility, prevail, Medline, Hartman and many others. There is also of course diaper depot in Decatur that sells all I just mentioned plus a good bit of the abdl brands and a few of the higher end medical brands such as betterdry, abena and confidry. I know you can buy individual packs and I'm pretty sure you can buy 2 diaper samples from both places.

Last edited:
Back