NappiesRus & Megamax

xThePaddedGamerx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
I ordered my first ever pack of Megamax to see what all the hype is about & whether they're as good as people say.

They're being sold for £19.95 plus £5.95 postage on their site or £25.90 with Free Postage on eBay (it's the same amount I know xD)

Anyway, I purchased them from eBay and had the choice of delivery to my home or click and collect. Seeing as I am more out than I am at home I opted for the click and collect but paid an extra £1.49 on top of the £25.90 which already included DPD 24 hour delivery bringing it up to £27.39 so I could have them next day (DPD was supposed to be next day anyway) turns out they were sent by "Yodel 24" which is a horrible courier company.

Anyway, they were supposed to be delivered on Friday, which then turned into Saturday & as of yesterday Yodel have tried telling me they couldn't deliver to the click and collect point and it will now be at some point next week.

I don't have all the time in the world to be waiting around for some overpriced pieces of padding so I was thinking on just cancelling the whole thing & returning them to NRU.

My question is, has anyone else had any issues with NRU at all?

I've had so many people recommend them and stuff but every single time I have used them, I've either been over priced or they've messed an order up or something what's happened recently happens.

I once bought a case of ABU from them when they stocked them & they arrived not in a box but plastic wrap & had to throw 8 or so out because they were damaged.

It's such a shame that it's happening to me almost every single time I use that company. :(

I only wanted to try them out as my birthday is coming up soon & the past few years things have been rough for me & this is the first time I've actually been able to spend money on myself in a long time.

Buying direct from NRU is definitely better than going via eBay. I've always had mine via DPD and they have always been on time

Reactions: Ardox7 and NappiedTruckDriver
leicesterfan said:
Buying direct from NRU is definitely better than going via eBay. I've always had mine via DPD and they have always been on time
Exactly same here , always buy direct from the site and even ordered on a Friday not specifying Saturday delivery and still getting the saturday

Reactions: Ardox7
Only ever ordered direct, never had a single issue.

Reactions: Ardox7 and NappiedTruckDriver
Their response was "Yodel is a 24 hour service like DPD, DPD costs more because it’s a higher cost service."

My point is that they charged for postage on eBay the same as their website but I paid even more postage to ensure the DPD was used & that I could collect the next day but they still used Yodel.

Maybe I'll just avoid eBay.

Ordered both from the website and eBay and never had any delivery issues.
They normally arrive next day.

I've used NRU loads of times with no issues, always delivered within their times.

Maybe it's me then lol

I'm lucky, I live near the British Abu distribution center, so I can order online and pick them up from the site saving load's in postage. Of all of the courier's the worst is Hermes, I have sat in my truck cab watching them unload my trailer, they really don't care. For instance fragile means throw underarm, if something falls on the floor that is where it stays that's if it's been sent to the correct sorting center that is!!!!

Also check that the collection point will except large items/boxes as a lot are only little shops and will refuse to take items over a certain size. I've had this problem a few times. It's a real pain would be great if Tesco's just sold the items we want/need, after all they sell everything else!!?

Reactions: xThePaddedGamerx and TreeLad
Guggy said:
I'm lucky, I live near the British Abu distribution center, so I can order online and pick them up from the site saving load's in postage. Of all of the courier's the worst is Hermes, I have sat in my truck cab watching them unload my trailer, they really don't care. For instance fragile means throw underarm, if something falls on the floor that is where it stays that's if it's been sent to the correct sorting center that is!!!!

Also check that the collection point will except large items/boxes as a lot are only little shops and will refuse to take items over a certain size. I've had this problem a few times. It's a real pain would be great if Tesco's just sold the items we want/need, after all they sell everything else!!?
Yeah heard bad things about Hermes xD & if Tesco's sold what we wanted then it really would be amazing lol, turns out there was a huge issue with my order & Yodel couldn't even deliver it, so NRU refunded my money & had me reorder which I did and this time they've used DPD. I collected them today & OH MY GOD they're huge xD.

Am I right in thinking they rise up a lot more than other dips?

I think you might have forked yourself by paying that extra delivery charge, all my nru orders have came DPD, I've always got them next day or 2-3 days if using shop collect, which DPD offer for free.
The only issue I've had is when they where still running 2 warehouses I only got 1 tracking number for multiple boxes, so 1 case arrived at my house and the others where where they where supposed to be.
£5.95 postage is very reasonable when buying 5 ish cases of nappies, but is a bit of a rip off for small orders like your single pack.

Reactions: xThePaddedGamerx
HappyNappin said:
I think you might have forked yourself by paying that extra delivery charge, all my nru orders have came DPD, I've always got them next day or 2-3 days if using shop collect, which DPD offer for free.
The only issue I've had is when they where still running 2 warehouses I only got 1 tracking number for multiple boxes, so 1 case arrived at my house and the others where where they where supposed to be.
£5.95 postage is very reasonable when buying 5 ish cases of nappies, but is a bit of a rip off for small orders like your single pack.
"£5.95 postage is very reasonable when buying 5 ish cases of nappies, but is a bit of a rip off for small orders like your single pack"
Not really a rip off, the delivery handling, the journey, and the final delivery are the same whether a small or large parcel is being sent. In my experience I am happy to pay for DPD delivery as they are by far the most reliable here in the UK.

Never had an issue with NRU, always comes next day live tracking with DPD. The cost isnt a rip off, these are heavy bulky items and delivery is never free. It usually makes sense to buy a few bags at a time.

Reactions: xThePaddedGamerx and sissybaby34
PaddedArtist90 said:
Yeah heard bad things about Hermes xD & if Tesco's sold what we wanted then it really would be amazing lol, turns out there was a huge issue with my order & Yodel couldn't even deliver it, so NRU refunded my money & had me reorder which I did and this time they've used DPD. I collected them today & OH MY GOD they're huge xD.

Am I right in thinking they rise up a lot more than other dips?
Well any up date?

NRU is also available on Amazon, by the bag or case.

babybigdiaper said:
Well any up date?
Yeah they're a bit big & did leak but that could be down to me.

Nearly always order from NRU through eBay as I prefer the click and collect, never ever had a problem with that. They always arrive at the designated collection, I can even have them delivered to a Sainsbury's which is just around the corner from work. Very handy.

Hope it's just a one off, just bought megamax from their site last night. Hopefully it gets here tomorrow without issue, were will see.

Reactions: Diaperon
+1 for ordering directly from NRU.

Been buying direct from them for years and always rock solid reliable, and deliver on time with DPD.

I would big-up both NRU and MegaMax nappies, just ordered 2 packs and will be going to collect them from the showroom on Wednesday, I nearly always collect from NRU as they’re not too far away and I like to see what else they have in stock… need some Tena and maybe a new dummy

Reactions: Diaperon
Back