My diaper keeps leaking

icklespace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Every single time I wear a medical diaper to bed I always leak and it's always in the same spot, it always runs up the right sides of my groin and out the side, every single time. And I'm using abri L4 no matter how I do the tabs and no matter how much time I put into trying to get the position right

I don't want to give up wearing diapers to bed every night, but if this carries on then I'm going to have to give it up

icklespace said:
Every single time I wear a medical diaper to bed I always leak and it's always in the same spot, it always runs up the right sides of my groin and out the side, every single time. And I'm using abri L4 no matter how I do the tabs and no matter how much time I put into trying to get the position right

I don't want to give up wearing diapers to bed every night, but if this carries on then I'm going to have to give it up
I had exactly this problem when I first started wearing to bed - in my case with the Abena M4. I’m no expert but I have read many times in these threads that this is a very common problem most disposable diapers/nappies.

Moisture/liquid will always find the route of least resistance so it’s nearly inevitable that the weak spot will be at the sides where there is little/no padding, and gravity will always create a situation where it will run down, so urinating while lying on your back a certain amount will run to the sides. I now mainly use the plastic-backed Tena Active Fit Ultimas at night and have very few leaking problems, but the cloth-backed Abenas leaked from the sides most nights.

My solution is waterproof pants, either pvc/plastic or recently some much lighter plasticised nylon pants which work just as effectively. In my Abena days, I bought some thick ‘training pants’ which I wore under the plastic pants, but they were far too bulky for my liking and I’m not really into babyish patterns/designs.

With my present Tena nappies I wear with boxer briefs over the top anyway during the day, so at night I simply do the same with plastic pants over them. As I say, I hardly ever experience leaks with the Tenas, but on the rare occasions they do, the wetness is absorbed into the boxer briefs and contained within the waterproof pants.

For me, wet pants is easily preferable to a wet bed! 👍

Off to a busy day now…

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I had the same issuers with store brand diapers ! I finely end up getting diaper covers and more of the better premium style diaper for my wetting needs !
Do hope you find some that will work for ya !!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Lyric
Pull up elastic plastic pants are solution .
We are using this blue pants and from type in white using in white and black colour522CC8B2-046D-410C-BC3C-15577AE11178.jpegF6AEC82C-0397-405D-87E2-664A28209AB6.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DLWee, PadPhilosopher, CptKirk and 1 other person
DLmikey said:
I had exactly this problem when I first started wearing to bed - in my case with the Abena M4. I’m no expert but I have read many times in these threads that this is a very common problem most disposable diapers/nappies.

Moisture/liquid will always find the route of least resistance so it’s nearly inevitable that the weak spot will be at the sides where there is little/no padding, and gravity will always create a situation where it will run down, so urinating while lying on your back a certain amount will run to the sides. I now mainly use the plastic-backed Tena Active Fit Ultimas at night and have very few leaking problems, but the cloth-backed Abenas leaked from the sides most nights.

My solution is waterproof pants, either pvc/plastic or recently some much lighter plasticised nylon pants which work just as effectively. In my Abena days, I bought some thick ‘training pants’ which I wore under the plastic pants, but they were far too bulky for my liking and I’m not really into babyish patterns/designs.

With my present Tena nappies I wear with boxer briefs over the top anyway during the day, so at night I simply do the same with plastic pants over them. As I say, I hardly ever experience leaks with the Tenas, but on the rare occasions they do, the wetness is absorbed into the boxer briefs and contained within the waterproof pants.

For me, wet pants is easily preferable to a wet bed! 👍

Off to a busy day now…
I used to have the same problem until I put on a Terry nappy over the disposable +plastic pants = no leaks😁

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Lyric and Deleted member 39193
Leaks may likely occur when elastics are not properly adjusted between the legs. Lack of protective leakguards is also another major factor for a disposable to leak horribly.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Jorelaxed
DLmikey said:
I now mainly use the plastic-backed Tena Active Fit Ultimas at night and have very few leaking problems, but the cloth-backed Abenas leaked from the sides most nights.
I had a similar problem with the 1st generation Sani Sensitive Extra Protection briefs. I fixed the issue by inserting a Maximizer booster inside the nappy.

These woven-nylon puppies didn't lasted long as MD reverted back to the much desired smooth PE interior in 2020.

sani_sensitive_anoixth_pana_akrateias_no4_extra_large_10tmx_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Jorelaxed said:
What brand are the white one's, I really like those?
Suprima 1204

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed
wearforsafety said:
Suprima 1204
Thank you!, I am going to purchase some.😃

I have also struggled with this and fully understand how annoying and defeating it can be. The leaks wind up causing cold wet spots that wake me up and disturb my sleep so leaky diapers can really cause a problem. Here's what I've found for myself:
- Proper fitment is crucial, our bodies are all uniquely shaped so you really have to figure out for yourself the best diaper and fit and this can take a while
- I've found adding a good booster in the diaper helps. Currently I'm using BetterDry/Crinklz which has generally good enough performance to last me all night, BUT the booster revs up the performance such that leaks just don't happen. But even this is not a guarantee so...
- Waterproof cover! Preferably a cover that has some absorbency otherwise leaks can still happen in my experience. I've got some PUL covers with built in terry from Babykins, but these are hard to come by so an alternative is a cloth diaper over the disposable and then waterproof pants over that. The disposable is doing the main work so the cloth diaper can be thin but this is where you can customize thickness/thinness to your own personal liking. There are a lot of options around this idea if you look around.

I wish you the best of luck and many good nights sleeps!

BabyTweetyBird said:
I had a similar problem with the 1st generation Sani Sensitive Extra Protection briefs. I fixed the issue by inserting a Maximizer booster inside the nappy.

These woven-nylon puppies didn't lasted long as MD reverted back to the much desired smooth PE interior in 2020.

View attachment 109524
WHERE are these available? I've never seen nor heard of these! Do they have a PE outer shell?

Wear plastic pants over your diapers. I have for many years and seldom have leaks. You may need to try a few styles to find the best fit, but you will.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Back