MegaMax: size small for a 36 inch waist?

dwmod

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The medium size is a bit too big overall and the leg gathers aren't as snug as I'd like. Would the small size work for me?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I had the same problem. The small felt tight and the medium loose. I didn’t need that much protection so I stuck with the Supreme tabbed.

Yes, I am a comparable size and the small fits great on me. I wish more diapers offered a small size to fit me more snug.

Reactions: PricklyPear, PadPhilosopher, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
I'm also a 36 and the small fits fine and also is more effective because it fits so well. They have four packs with no shipping cost if you just want to try it

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Seasonedcitizen and dwmod
I've found Megamax to be weird in terms of sizing. I'm 215# and so I generally wear a large, but somehow the medium Megamax is a great fit on me, and it's one of the only dips I can conceal under my regular jeans or work style pants. The large Megamax also fits me fine, but is really tall, coming up my back and past my belly button which is fine for at home. I wear size 36 pants, but also have a dadbod gut so my results are probably not typical to most.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Seasonedcitizen
Seasonedcitizen said:
I had the same problem. The small felt tight and the medium loose. I didn’t need that much protection so I stuck with the Supreme tabbed.
I've tried the Supremes and they have a weird 'bikini' cut that just isn't comfortable to me. Not enough rise, which is why I'm hoping the small MegaMax will work for me -- the right combination of snugness and a full cut (which is why I like BetterDrys so much).

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Seasonedcitizen
I've been trying just about every diaper there is. I have to say I'm settled on Northshore products. The megamax, the megamax airlock and the the Northshore supreme are my three favorite. Plus, I've been extremely impressed with Northshore as a company as far as ordering and shipping. Rearz is a close second.

Last edited:
I think they might work for you. 32 waist here and the smalls fit me perfectly. The mediums were so big, so I asked for a small sample and they kindly sent a two-pack.

Definitely ask for a sample before committing to more.

Reactions: jp95409, PadPhilosopher and dwmod
Traveler said:
I've found Megamax to be weird in terms of sizing. I'm 215# and so I generally wear a large, but somehow the medium Megamax is a great fit on me, and it's one of the only dips I can conceal under my regular jeans or work style pants. The large Megamax also fits me fine, but is really tall, coming up my back and past my belly button which is fine for at home. I wear size 36 pants, but also have a dadbod gut so my results are probably not typical to most.
Same with me. I wear a large in everything except megamax and sunkiss masterpiece - I wear a medium in those.

I love the way mediums fit, except in the legs. I felt they leaked a lot more because of that. Smalls fit much better, but I've got big quads, so they fit a little strange, but the smalls fit much better overall. I'm a 32 waist, 175, 6' tall. It really does seem the 32-36 waist people kinda land right in the middle of the two sizes imo. I know it sucks to buy sample packs, but a medium and a small would be ideal.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Tommy10 and dwmod
dwmod said:
The medium size is a bit too big overall and the leg gathers aren't as snug as I'd like. Would the small size work for me?
Yes alday long I’m in your boat brought a pack of medium to big so I brought a pack of small perfect fit I wore a small megamax blue last night beds dry this morning enjoy the small
I’m 5.6” and 36” waist

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and dwmod
dwmod said:
I've tried the Supremes and they have a weird 'bikini' cut that just isn't comfortable to me. Not enough rise, which is why I'm hoping the small MegaMax will work for me -- the right combination of snugness and a full cut (which is why I like BetterDrys so much).
Betterdry is a great diaper. Body shape and usage determine what works best. You need a sample to check on size and fit and a package to see if they work for you. Then you can get a case.

Megamax run large, so you will for sure be able to wear them, but they will fit more trim and have less rise in the back. Some like that feel and fit, others not so much so it depends on what you prefer.

I have a 38-inch waist and the small megamax fit me just fine. For daytime use, I go for the small size and love how they feel and fit, but at night, I prefer to be swallowed in the comfort of slightly oversized protection.

I would for sure say it is worth trying them out as they will easily fit anyone with a 36-inch waist.

Reactions: dwmod and PadPhilosopher
I have a 32" waist, and could just wear the sample of XS MegaMax they threw in with the S pack I ordered. The XS MegaMax fit me about the same as the S Tranquility ATN. The S MM fit similarly to the M ATN. MegaMax definitely runs very large.

Last edited:
Yes the megamaz do run large, but it's pretty well documented on the size chart they have, that said, I use the M Megamax and i'm 38" waist and little more on the hips, but they fit good one me, but i go for the larger size for more capacity and also more side coverage. So long as the tapes can stick down and work then its not too big IMHO

Back