Mattress Protector

Isle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Can anyone recommend a good mattress protector that is not plasticy and is breatheable? For some reason I have wet the bed 3x in the past week. It is very weird as normally I might have this happen once a year if that. I have frequent urination from partly prostate issues, and normally sit up in bed or stand to pee at night, 6-8x per night, into a bottle. Now for one of those times I have peed the bed! I don't sleep well if I wear a diaper to bed, plus I am a side sleeper and would need to figure out how not to leak anyway. The mattress pad seems like the best option.

Hello! I have two in my house... one was from Amazon.. something like "Saferest", and one from Ikea, called gokart. Both totally ok. Not that noisy, but the bed sleeps warmer with these on. Worth it for the protection, even spilt drinks etc., especially if you have spent decent money on the mattress. Worth the relatively cheap investment.

Good luck!
Andrew

We bought one when we purchased a new mattress. It has a 10 warranty and seems to breath well also. There are some requirements for the warranty like needs washed regularly...etc. I don't know the name of the manufacturer but I'm certain if you go to a mattress store they can help you with a good choice.

walmart (and I think target?) carries mattress protectors also. They can be hard to locate in the store however.

I also get mine from walmart and mattress stores. It is a full allergen and waterproof mattress protector. Breathable cloth, and fully machine washable too.

Thanks all. The cover I have on my mattress is waterproof, one that the mattress goes into like a bag and zips in, also protects against bedbugs. What I am looking for I guess is a pad that I can remove and wash and is absorbable. Taking off that cover is a 2 person operation.
I am seeing Northshore has something that looks ok. I think I’ll try that.

Back