Autiesaurus

Elsa and Anna's Baby Sister
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hey all, I'm looking for recommendations on rubber/plastic mattress protectors for my twin bed. I'd like something I can just wipe down, and which has some crinkle to it. I don't mind paying a bit more for something higher quality. Thanks for your input!

Brolly Sheets are the way to go. (not literally, there not absorbent!)

Walmart has full size plastic covers, don't know about twin, and I'm sure Bed, Bath and beyond might have them too

Use plastic painters drop cloths. Cheap and if they get wet you can toss them and cut another piece. Very crinkly.

Awesome, thanks! I'll do some investigating.

I have a mattress protector that’s made out of only PEVA. Unfortunately, it’s hard to find those, but I have heard that PEVA shower curtains do the same trick - noisy and wipeable. It can get hot though, but it makes me feel like a little kid or a baby. “crinkle crinkle”

Here’s a link to an old thread: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/noisey-mattress-protector.55379/

Last edited:
So I bought a full plastic one for my bed that you zip the mattress into and loved the feel and sound but the problem is it was too hot.

If you search for matress protector on Amazon you will see many of them have a fabric top that helps it breath. I now use kind like this on my bed it works great although it is not noisy at least it protects from the occasional leak.

diaperfooties said:
So I bought a full plastic one for my bed that you zip the mattress into and loved the feel and sound but the problem is it was too hot.

If you search for matress protector on Amazon you will see many of them have a fabric top that helps it breath. I now use kind like this on my bed it works great although it is not noisy at least it protects from the occasional leak.
Those are noticeably warmer than nothing but after a week or so, the discomfort fades. I'd say they're best used in cooler weather so you can adapt gradually. I've had mine on for years now in all kinds of weather. Leaks are very rare but it's good to have just in case. I don't think there's really any substitute for one that crinkles.

I personally can’t stand any mattress protector that I’ve head really.... they’ve all been too hot for me, even the cloth topped ones. The only one that was halfways comfortable was one that doesn’t have any plastic or such type of backing but it unfortunately did nothing to stop the mattress from getting wet (it was supposed to be waterproof)

Now I just use a changing mat under the sheet or a disposable change pad to catch any unwanted leaks!

Back