M&S Adaptive Clothing UK

LittleScotty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Recently I bought my first onesie, a Tykables Snappy which I'm really impressed with so I was about to order another when I found that Nappies R Us were out of stock. After a post on here several months ago I thought I'd look at alternatives.
Thanks to a recommendation from @LstNwf I decided to take a chance on some from the Marks & Spencer adaptable clothing range. At only £6-7 they're an absolute bargain. They are mainly aimed at children with special needs so the largest size available is 15-16 years however I'm not the largest guy and hoped they would stretch out. I ordered two, a navy sleeveless and a white long sleeve and collected them this morning. First impressions they're really well made but appeared very small... I really struggled to get them on, they were way too tight. The fabric however is VERY stretchy so I've pulled it in all directions multiple times and it definitely got bigger. Trying them a second time they actually fit very well, slightly tight around my chest but length wise and around my waist they're a great fit. They have three poppers on the crotch which are very strong and keep my nappy nice and secure :)

Size wise I've stretched it out to 28 inches from neckline to crotch and 34 inches around the waist. I'm a 38 inch chest and it's little tight and probably won't stretch much more, the under arms were tight initially but after stretching them out too they're comfortable.

Just thought I'd share with you all in case anyone who is similar size to me wants an affordable onesie

I went with these

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, WillFord384 and Yooo
LittleScotty said:
Recently I bought my first onesie, a Tykables Snappy which I'm really impressed with so I was about to order another when I found that Nappies R Us were out of stock. After a post on here several months ago I thought I'd look at alternatives.
Thanks to a recommendation from @LstNwf I decided to take a chance on some from the Marks & Spencer adaptable clothing range. At only £6-7 they're an absolute bargain. They are mainly aimed at children with special needs so the largest size available is 15-16 years however I'm not the largest guy and hoped they would stretch out. I ordered two, a navy sleeveless and a white long sleeve and collected them this morning. First impressions they're really well made but appeared very small... I really struggled to get them on, they were way too tight. The fabric however is VERY stretchy so I've pulled it in all directions multiple times and it definitely got bigger. Trying them a second time they actually fit very well, slightly tight around my chest but length wise and around my waist they're a great fit. They have three poppers on the crotch which are very strong and keep my nappy nice and secure :)

Size wise I've stretched it out to 28 inches from neckline to crotch and 34 inches around the waist. I'm a 38 inch chest and it's little tight and probably won't stretch much more, the under arms were tight initially but after stretching them out too they're comfortable.

Just thought I'd share with you all in case anyone who is similar size to me wants an affordable onesie

I went with these

Glad it worked out for you!. :) Their material does have a fair bit of give to it considering they are meant to keep everything in place; they relax a fair bit. The current run seems to be modeled differently compared to the short sleeved one that I purchased ages ago, but overall ive had no issues. Honestly when I picked up my first one I was not expecting it to fit a full grown adult. I guess its true when they say kids have gotten bigger these days. Recently their prices have bumped up a bit as well which is probably a downstream issue of covid sadly, but overall they are still highly affordable and an option for those looking for plain colors and not bright flashy designs.

M&S has actually a good selection of large children clothing. They usually have cute prints that wouldn't normally market to mid teens. So if you are fortunate to be of a small adult build you can fit comfortably in these. I know a number of friends who buy their pajamas from there.

The same is true for both boys and girls clothing. My partner usually gets stuff from them, but she is barely over 5ft!

Last edited:
M&S made all there 15-16 kids stuff online only about 2 years ago now and the range of styles on offer just isn't quite the same as it was.
I have a fair amount of there easy dressing range, mostly t-shirts and joggers, none of which are still available in the biggest 15-16 size in the boys range, same thing with there jeans, they apparently do 14-15 and 15-16 but only online and are always out of stock.

Back