Low blood sugar and accidents

RestrainU4Me

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Background: Early 30s, very fit, mostly balanced meals, gym everyday and 8 hours of sleep. I have been hypoglycemic since a young age. Wear diapers every night to bed for the past 6 years and wet at night without remembering 6 out of 7 nights.

The past 3 weeks my vision/head has been slightly fuzzy and my blood sugar feels off most of the day. I’ve never had a accident. However, I have had 2 accidents in the past 8 days.

Accident 1: Last Thursday I ate a chicken quesadilla at the airport right before our 2 hour flight. However, an hour into the flight I started sweating from low blood sugar and literally passed out. I was able to alert my friend next to me right before. When he came back with apple juice he had to shake me awake. I literally couldn’t remember my name or where I was for a good 5 minutes. Then I finally came too and I looked down and realized my pants were soaked. My bladder completely emptied.

Accident 2: Today I decided to go shopping and had a fresh diaper on thankfully. For breakfast I had a kale smoothie with white rice and eggs. I make a coffee on the way out. Within 15 minutes I had bad cramps. My plan was to find a bathroom, go number two then re-tape. I literally step out of my truck and I it just came out. I literally had to drive right back home to shower. (I do not mess diapers ever.)

Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

If you're hypoglycemic, then you need to immediately seek medical help in getting better glucose control. Going too low can be fatal. I have type-2 diabetes so I rarely get near that low threshold, but if I use too much insulin vs the amount of food intake, I can quickly get there. Get immediate help - incontinence is the least of your worries if you're passing out.

Reactions: littledub1955 and CheshireCat
Nothing official here but in my teens i thought i was hyperglycemic. I used to get really shaky and weak. It developed into having a really bad pain in my stomach if i didn't eat every few hours. Now i get hot in the air conditioning & i can't leave the house or I'll go into a rage because the heat.

I've never been diabetic before tho. I've been pre diabetic but never anything else.

Oh and i wet the bed probably also until i was 18 when I started smoking weed witch also kicked in my sex drive before that i never baited.

What @slimjiminy said... see a doctor immediately. If you are not diabetic but slip into severe hyperglycemia, then there is another serious medical issue going on. See a doctor NOW!

IMaDLyay said:
Background: Early 30s, very fit, mostly balanced meals, gym everyday and 8 hours of sleep. I have been hypoglycemic since a young age. Wear diapers every night to bed for the past 6 years and wet at night without remembering 6 out of 7 nights.

The past 3 weeks my vision/head has been slightly fuzzy and my blood sugar feels off most of the day. I’ve never had a accident. However, I have had 2 accidents in the past 8 days.

Accident 1: Last Thursday I ate a chicken quesadilla at the airport right before our 2 hour flight. However, an hour into the flight I started sweating from low blood sugar and literally passed out. I was able to alert my friend next to me right before. When he came back with apple juice he had to shake me awake. I literally couldn’t remember my name or where I was for a good 5 minutes. Then I finally came too and I looked down and realized my pants were soaked. My bladder completely emptied.

Accident 2: Today I decided to go shopping and had a fresh diaper on thankfully. For breakfast I had a kale smoothie with white rice and eggs. I make a coffee on the way out. Within 15 minutes I had bad cramps. My plan was to find a bathroom, go number two then re-tape. I literally step out of my truck and I it just came out. I literally had to drive right back home to shower. (I do not mess diapers ever.)

Anyone else ever have this happen to them?
I am a diabetic (had a stroke in 2013 due to super high blood sugar (so they say)). But because of my high sugars my body was constantly trying to kick sugar out of my body (hence I peed A LOT). I remember when a real-estate agent and I were out looking for a place for me to move (in the mountains on an interstate away from any place for a pee brake) and got caught in traffic I became "overwhelmed", and pee just came out. You're call on this - either I was lucky I was driving my car or not. he kept asking if i was going to make it (while i leaked) and I just got to a point and said NO! I relaxed and totally emptied my bladder. Needless to say, he didn't work with me anymore. Luckily though i had sweatpants& a large towel in the trunk of my car to put on since I was staying with my aunt & uncle and walking in all wet from pee would have brought up questions I wasn't prepared to answer

Hi, I am also in my early thirties/fairly active and have been sensitive for hypoglycemia as long as I can remember, but since cutting sugar out of my diet as much as possible I noticed a decrease in episodes. However what you are describing does wonder me if it is not related to panic/anxiety/stress related issues and with that regards also something I went trough the last couple of months.

I have been very career focused (60-70 hours work weeks) combined with a busy social life and noticed that during the times I was stressed or relaxed (few days off work i.e.) that my bladder/bowel went in overdrive leading to more accidents then usual. Fast forward till this year, in which I noticed symptoms like dizziness, sweating and minor vision issues during meetings and presentations i.e. Initially I suspected low blood sugar levels, but eating something like fruit didn't always solve the issue. Sometimes for weeks it went OK and then it could happen multiple times a week ..this went on and on till I collapsed two times during the night when getting up for the toilet. From the moment I got up from the first collapse till my second collapse into a wall in my hallway I don't remember anything, unlucky for me was that I sustained a slipped disc in my neck and neurological damage to my spinal cord from the fall (after three months now I can say luckily minor). Been turned upside down in the hospital (CT/MRI's, a full analysis of bloodwork and an ECG), but nothing conclusive in terms of what the reason could be for my dizziness and collapses. Considering my hypoglycemia I was afraid I was in the early stages of diabetes, but sugar values where more than OK. Although I am not back to work 100%, I didn't experience any episodes since then.

Maybe my case is something to reflect if this could be the case for you as well, in hindsight I wish I blew the whistler earlier and focused more on my own wellbeing. Besides, if you haven't done already, discuss this with your doctor and do a full bloodwork analysis. If you want to know more, just send me a PM....more than happy to help out.

Last edited:
With regards to your second accident, this could potentially be IBS. I have had IBS since forever (bad genes in that regards), and stress and certain foods play a major role in it. As for foods I still haven't found a pattern, but fatty foods (burgers i.e.) is a trigger as I normally eat pretty lean and mean meals.

As I hate having bowel accidents, I have tried to condition myself to disregard the urges. In most cases these than subside within 15 minutes or so, very stressful when it happens but glad I can control it a little bit this way. With regards to my earlier post, as I am less stressed since the incident my IBS symptoms appear to be less frequent so far.

bedwett said:
With regards to your second accident, this could potentially be IBS. I have had IBS since forever (bad genes in that regards), and stress and certain foods play a major role in it. As for foods I still haven't found a pattern, but fatty foods (burgers i.e.) is a trigger as I normally eat pretty lean and mean meals.
I have found that oily foods are a problem, particularly fast food. But even good BBQed food can be oily and cause issues. I've also had to give up on microwave popcorn because of the oil used. Coffee is another I have to avoid on days where I leave the home.

CheshireCat said:
What @slimjiminy said... see a doctor immediately. If you are not diabetic but slip into severe hyperglycemia, then there is another serious medical issue going on. See a doctor NOW!
I've been trying to get into endocrinology for weeks now. Everything is to slow & things like crisis services don't work for me because they don't understand me.

I don't want to be violent. It just gets triggered when I'm put in a situation where i have to deal with something.

My sensory issues have been getting worse and worse the last few years. Can't stand the feeling of skin friction or the heat or this or that.

At this point I'm gonna drink myself to death trying to stay out of jail.

The only thing that helps is euphoria. Don't matter what from I could get it from eating fast food, drugs, self pleasure. I just need that euphoria. Alcohol + weed is the best of what i have because a there legal and I'm to socially enept to have my own plug.

My brain is to scrambled to get all the right information together to have anyone help me.

Feel like my only chance is to post as much as I can and have someone try to piece it all together

Yes alcohol can make you feel warm but it's like a different warm. Alcohol warm feels more like it's radiating off.

Why I feel hot and triggered it feels like an internal core temperature is just rising and I can't cool down I'm also 350 pounds.

I lost over 100 lb right before the pandemic using a weed stream called Durban poison to suppress my appetite and then pretty much doing keto all year long. And then I gaind it all back after the pandemic within a year.

In 2020 i drank 24/7 vodka + juice for 6 months after my cat died. Haven't been the same since.

My issues I don't think started until like 3-6 months after the second moderna.

I think ITP happened before being hot became such a trigger but I've always felt warmer. Pretty much always worn short to the T-shirt the brunt of winter

bedwett said:
However what you are describing does wonder me if it is not related to panic/anxiety/stress related iss
Yes! I'm prescribed ativan but it's not meant to be all the time so it doesn't help. It's related to ptsd from being sexually abused by my father when i was 7 ish. Ever since then I've had anger issues that just keep getting worse. Medically idk i think I've had issues since my early teens that just weren't all that noticeable up until my late teens. I think it's related hypoglycemia in my earlier teens now I'm not sure tho because my symptoms are different. I don't get shakey anymore it feels more like acid reflux now with really bad stomach pain if i don't eat something every now & then. Tho if it were that id assume ketchup wouldn't help but just eating raw ketchup helps. Water helps for like 2 literal seconds but after that i need to eat something.

They don't want to prescribe much else as i could be bipolar but ptsd & bipolar get confused sometimes. I don't do good when I'm away from home with my mom. I've been in & out of mental hospitals all my life. My first few stays were before 18 & i think the longest stay was 2 weeks. Now that I'm 18 i can check myself out after 3 days as long as nothing happens. The last time in 2019 because I'm over 18 they can't speak to my mom and they weren't informed of the ptsd. After 3 days i checked myself out and they slapped the bipolar label on my record. Idk maybe but there's still ptsd and that interferes with the traditional treatments for bipolar.

Back