Is it too late to start dating if you've never dated before?

DaBone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm 26 and never had a girlfriend before, I wanna' start dating but I kinda' feel like it's too late to start. No one wants a boyfriend that has little to no experience. I don't know, will anyone tell me if I'm just overthinking it? Maybe give some advice?

Reactions: MetalDan86, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
It's never too late... It's kind of like the 6-blind men and the elephant. Until you open your eyes, you'll only imagine it and probably not accurately.

Maybe join a group that interests you in Meetup or similar. If you have a passion be it anime, astronomy, hiking, whatever, or want to learn about say photography... that's one way to get out there.

Many people who attend do so to meet others as friends or dates. Take baby steps. Socializing with others might lead to them introducing you to others who you might find interesting.

You'll have to make a move at some point or someone might flirt with you. Try not to resist. If you already get to know someone, it might come easier than you suspect.

As far as online stuff, I think it's easier in real life.

Reactions: mistykitty, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Never too late. Ask a girl out, what have you got to lose?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Sounds like the perfect time to start.

Go for it and best wishes!

Reactions: mistykitty, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
It will probably be a bit of an uphill battle, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's too late.

• Wow
Reactions: mistykitty, southeastlittle, Edgewater and 1 other person
OK, here's a perspective you won't hear often: there are girls who would PREFER a man who doesn't have experience. He doesn't have diseases, he doesn't have his heart scarred from prior failures, he doesn't have drama with children and their mothers, and she doesn't have to wonder if you're really thinking of her when you're together. You may well find a young woman who also has no experience, and build something very special together, free of ghosts from prior broken relationships, and this can be ever so much more special than any "experience" could ever be.

I think the fact that you are a little older, and hopefully more emotionally stable, also puts you in a better place to build a beautiful relationship. You haven't lost anything, and the only thing you've missed is heartache and tears. Look around with an open heart, and find joy! All my best wishes to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrashPanda01, Anemone, denimchicken and 5 others
I hope not! I’m 30 years old. And although I have had one date in my life like 10 years ago, I’ve never gotten further than that. It probably won’t be easy, because I lack a lot of experience in pretty much every aspect, but I hope there’s still a small chance there’s someone out there I can meet and form a meaningful relationship with.

• Love
DaBone said:
I'm 26 and never had a girlfriend before, I wanna' start dating but I kinda' feel like it's too late to start. No one wants a boyfriend that has little to no experience. I don't know, will anyone tell me if I'm just overthinking it? Maybe give some advice?
Overthinking

• Thinking
Reactions: MetalDan86, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
There's no real "too late" for anyone to date, really. It's only too late when you're passed away.

Me, I don't wanna date anymore, feels too predatory, like I'm being weighed out, sized up, analyzed, scored, judged. No...that's over for me. I've already turned down 2 dates in the past 20 years, am finished with it all. I just don't want anything more than friends in life now.

Reactions: MetalDan86, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Mid 30's here. I've had two girlfriends but I've never dated. Dating just seems weird to me. Maybe that will change someday.

I make friends that I enjoy activities with, and that has led to a couple deeper relationships. That process feels much more natural to me.

• Love
Reactions: MetalDan86, BobbiSueEllen, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I didn't start until I met my bf online and I was almost 22 at the time. I had no experience with dating, sex or anything like that. Now, I'll be 24 in 2 weeks and we've been living together since 2023 and we're doing great! He's teaching me things as we go and I couldn't be happier! I love him sooooo much!!! <3 <3 <3 It's never too late to try, you'll find the right person someday!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Pelusos, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
The joys out weight the down sides!
But, that is from a very long time married guy!

I must agree with LaLoneDigi that developing friendships has strong merit as the goals of being active with someone that has things in common with me makes greater sense just dating for the sake of dating. which draws back to joining mix groups that share your interests.

Enjoy meeting folks, it is one of the benefits of dating!

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BobbiSueEllen
There is a little difference between a person for being ABDL or IC. Both have challenges but in my opinion, as an an IC person, you will have to show rather than hiding. Eventually, a potential partner will have to know if you're IC. Also, for being an ABDL person, you don't have to show or discuss about your "appreciation" of diapers. Especially when most vanilla people might not be so understanding. Obviously IC people have there very different challenges.

If you are someone who has little "experiences," I would suggest to visit or join an ABDL munch. You won't have to limit your enjoyment with littlespace. I'm not an ABDL guy. I'm profoundly IC. When I had little experience and rarely dated, when I connected with my partner, we both enjoyed the same interests. It's always easier to have someone who had the same understanding of IC.

• Love
BobbiSueEllen said:
There's no real "too late" for anyone to date, really. It's only too late when you're passed away.

Me, I don't wanna date anymore, feels too predatory, like I'm being weighed out, sized up, analyzed, scored, judged. No...that's over for me. I've already turned down 2 dates in the past 20 years, am finished with it all. I just don't want anything more than friends in life now.
Also I think it's probably not good to date if your on your death bed either
Just to clarify I am not on my death bed

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater, BobbiSueEllen, Ali123 and 1 other person
It’s never too late, honey. And at 26 you’re still perfectly young enough to start.

I have friends who swear by online dating. It takes away the anxiousness of wondering whether the person you’re talking to may be married, or with someone. Everyone on the site is looking for a date!

• Thinking
Ali123 said:
It’s never too late, honey. And at 26 you’re still perfectly young enough to start.

I have friends who swear by online dating. It takes away the anxiousness of wondering whether the person you’re talking to may be married, or with someone. Everyone on the site is looking for a date!
Lets go with near, most or many as there exists a sizable group that have partners.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Zeke
DaBone said:
There’s partners out there that prefer those with little, to no experience, if you’re teachable. If you attentive to their needs and desire you could be exactly what some ladies are looking for!

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Ali123 and Edgewater
DaBone said:
I'm kind of in the same boat, been 40 years since I was on a date.

The question that I keep running up against: where do you start?

• Wow
Reactions: soggybottoms8882, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
littleFeathers said:
I'm kind of in the same boat, been 40 years since I was on a date.

The question that I keep running up against: where do you start?
Where you start is looking for groups with activities that you are interested in. If you are avoiding gatherings of individuals you greatly limit your opportunities.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Back