• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Invisible waterfall of tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaffeinenatedGoatress

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
ORIGINALLY POSTED IN LITTLES WITH AUTISM THREAD

Probably the longest long time lurker of this site. I used to browse ADISC regularly for story content, then 3-4yrs in my 30s, all of a sudden my interests for diapers decreased all together.

Turned 40 I lost my father, job, and so much more. Prior to the time my interests in diapers stopped, I was focused on wearing diapers 24/7 over the course of the last 6-8 months or so.

Like most of us, I’ve always had the thing for diapers.

As a kid I was diagnosed with ADHD and was a seasoned bedwetter till my early 20s. Took the meds for both on and off. Bed wetting aside and generally speaking I always felt like I was odd. My head was always fixated on new ideas and a better way of doing things. Organization was and is a struggle for me.

Didn’t make a ton of friends in High School and hung on to what few “good” relationships I had like they were the only people I’d ever meet or get to know in my life. As I got older I became more intertwined in my community and hated being so exposed to so many new people.

I’ve never married nor do I have any kids.

two years ago after almost a decade and a half I had An insightful Psychiatric appointment with a Psychiatrist that diagnosed me with ADHD and OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder) and Ive consistently been seeing him as well as taking medication regularly since the diagnosis.
OCPD—- isn’t what you might think it is. If it interests you, please research, then you’ll see what I mean.

After reading this thread from its very first post today. I thought some of you could provide some perspective on what you think the actual difference between Asbergers and OCPD.

I can tell you that you can’t go around telling people you have OCPD and think they will automatically understand it. This is because of how close it sounds to OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and BPD (boarderline personality disorder) grouped together.

I’ll add one more thing. I first learned of the traits of Aspergers, from watching the NBC drama series Parenthood several years ago. For some reason I only thought autism was a adolescent ordeal. Or you were Dustin Hoffman in RAINMAN...

But the character of Max on Parenthood showed me traits of autism/Aspergers that I could self relate to. Especially, the fixation on a subject and meltdowns. Dear God the meltdowns come out of no where and are so real.

Then later on when Ray Ramono’s character comes to terms with the fact that he might have Aspergers as an adult. I couldn’t help be locked into my
self diagnosis from just watching the show.

Within a week of my first appointment with my Psychiatrist, I emailed him after analyzing my OCPD diagnosis with that of traits of Aspergers and I’ll let you do the math so to speak and it the main reason for my post. What are your thoughts? Are they relatable in anyway?

what I found made me question my OCPD diagnosis because of how closely it mirrors what I’ve learned over the years when it comes to Aspergers.

My psychiatrist responded that even if I had Aspergers. The diagnosis of it as an adult wouldn’t make that much of a difference now.

I’ll close by saying it’s a relief to know there’s a reason behind my meltdowns after years of thinking and being accused of being some sort of monster.

Or than I had difficulty articulately what I wanted to say under times of incredible stress.

But I’m still frustrated because my life or career for that matter hasn’t even come remotely close to what I envisioned it would be as a daydreamy 20something college grad.

The cyclical nature of the ups and downs of my life haunt me.

The icing on the cake with all this is after having asked my mother if she thought I had Aspergers, I never got an answer from her. Sure test me for ADHD and dope me with stimulants, but nothing as a kid ever came back with autism except that I was a severely anxious as a child.

Reactions: ibleien, Andrewgdfw, Furrytum and 2 others
Thank you for sharing your story. I must say, a lot of what you wrote struck a chord with me. I've never been diagnosed with any form of disorder, but I can't help but feel that I have "something".

I've never heard of OCPD before, but some of the symptoms are relatable to me. For instance, having difficulty completing tasks due to perfectionism is a big problem for me. I also often feel as though I can do things better than others, but to a lesser degree.

It's possible my difficulties are caused by something else entirely, but you've definitely given me something to look into.

Reactions: CaffeinenatedGoatress, Kayleigh, GermanDL and 1 other person
Hello, Welcome to ADISC,

Nice that after such a long time you decided to give registration a shot.

Well i don't know anything about OCPD, nor do i really know a lot about Asberger,
but i know someone that has Borderline Syndrome.

I hope you find some Guys here that know more about OCPD and can really help
you and give you useful advise.

Well, if u want to talk about anything Diaper related, at least there i think i
can help you :)

Anyway hope you enjoy your stay and don't regret registration,
You perfectly fit into our Group, and no one will ever judge you here.

Dear CG (if I may call you that)..thank you for opening up to us like that. Allow me to reassure you that we don't judge here, and are always ready to offer support and friendship.

Welcome..
You make some very good points. My son has never been diagnosed but has been told he has Aspergers and has some traits that can be confused with other disorders.. Thats why he was never diagnosed.
I have had anxiety and panic attacks since a child. I have been diagnosed with GAD, Agoraphobia and panic disorder. Never had help just tablets until a huge meltdown this last new year. Ended up in A+E twice and now finally getting some help. I'm now 52.
Learnt to cope with a lot of symptoms. But not all.
It has stopped me having my ideal life. I trained to be a firefighter but had to finnish because of my problems. I have done Mountain Rescue and outdoor pursuit instruction.
Surprising what you can do even when you do suffer from such things. It can be hard. I cannot spend a night sleeping away from home. Its my safe zone.
Its different for everyone. People often say I know how you feel.
They are not in your head so dont know exactly how you feel. But some of us may have a good idea...

Reactions: CaffeinenatedGoatress
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back