Interest in a user contributed diaper review site?

Are you interested in a user contributed, searchable Adult Diaper review site?

• Yes!!!

• Nah...

Results are only viewable after voting.

srmousse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hey all, I've seen a LOT of posts over the years asking for recommendations for the best diaper. This has been for everything from best diaper to play in, sleep in, wear to work, to the beach, through TSA, noisiest, most absorbent, etc!

There are tons of review video channels and blogs measuring all sorts of things, but I've found nothing out there that allows user contributions, voting, categorizing, etc, that then allows you to search by your own interests and needs.

Let's say I want something discrete, inexpensive, for light, daytime use. Someone could ask here, and get a dozen recommendations, but there is nothing to allow that level of searching.

I am a web developer by trade, so I pose the question, is there interest in this kind of site??

My initial idea is, every manufscturer gets a page that lists all the products currently in production. Every diaper gets a page. I can set this up wiki style where users can add new diapers along with their size specks, etc. These measurements can show up for each size of the product. Then, users can rate and review the products that love and hate, as well as choose categories of what the diapers best attributes are (i.e. side sleeping, daytime, discrete, noisy, playful, thick, plastic, etc). These user categorizations will then allows a custom search algorithm to choose the best options based on any criteria, ratings, etc. The user reviews could allow links to "clean" videos, "clean" photos, blog post reviews, etc. Finally, the products could provide links to any/all suppliers that carry/sell the products. Heck, we could ever add a global map of local suppliers that carry the products we love.

This is all doable, but it's a great amount of work. If there's interest, I'll get started and try to launch a beta site quickly.

Reactions: Foxroxsox
This is a fantastic idea. I'd love to see a site like that. It's definately a specific niche but one unfilled nonetheless.

It will be interesting to see how you deal with the "noise" in a user contributed site. Even here, if someone asks "What is the _______ diaper?" They'll get a dozen answers. 1 or 2 will be factual based on evidence. 2 or 3 will be wrong but creditably close. And the rest will be "Noise." Fanboys listing their favorite diaper even though it doesn't fit the question, or people who have super limited knowledge and are unqualified to answer but doing so anyway just to post something, or people who post wrong answers just to troll others, or people who are possibly mentally ill posting answers that came right out of a weird fantasy.

Reactions: chuck and Jonnythepony
I would definitely be interested in contributing to something like this. I've dealt with incontinence most of my life, diapers off and on since 1987 and full-time since 2006. I've tried just about every product type available since 1987 and have insight into what works "for me" in the real world. That said, I am also a diaper lover, so it's more than just about the functionality of dealing with my incontinence, but also about an appreciation for the enjoyment of wearing and using diapers in the context of normal professional and family/social settings.

I will be interested to see how this progresses... this is sort of the direction I was taking my database site, but just didn’t get the interest level to justify the cost and time.

Albeit, that was mainly my fault because any new site / community takes a long time to build trust.

I think there is a huge potential but I would recommend trying to get in touch with a respectable site owner ( maybe here :) ) and see if they will sponsor you ( not financially ).

Foxroxsox said:
It will be interesting to see how you deal with the "noise" in a user contributed site. Even here, if someone asks "What is the _______ diaper?" They'll get a dozen answers. 1 or 2 will be factual based on evidence. 2 or 3 will be wrong but creditably close. And the rest will be "Noise." Fanboys listing their favorite diaper even though it doesn't fit the question, or people who have super limited knowledge and are unqualified to answer but doing so anyway just to post something, or people who post wrong answers just to troll others, or people who are possibly mentally ill posting answers that came right out of a weird fantasy.
What if posts are screened for spam before going public? Or a moderator or two keeps things in check along with a report feature? The wiki format has worked well for other things like complex video games and MMOs which many would have a lot more pages of info compared to an adult diaper rating site

Noise is always an issue, but I agree with the whole moderation idea. Wiki's are great for that!

I'm thinking I'll start with the basis of a wiki, but will need to add on some extra functionality to accommodate things like voting, categorizing, etc.

It sounds like an interesting idea, but how will it be different from the user-contributed review forum section on this site, that offers templates and suggestions on how to write a “proper” and helpful review?

How can you separate commercial responses from true users' experiences and/or opinions?

srmousse said:
Noise is always an issue, but I agree with the whole moderation idea. Wiki's are great for that!

I'm thinking I'll start with the basis of a wiki, but will need to add on some extra functionality to accommodate things like voting, categorizing, etc.
A Wiki type setup sounds like a pretty cool idea.

Back