Injured My Back, GF Had to Help Me Change

SugarNova

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
To preface. I bed wet on and off. I wear diapers every night to avoid any problems with my GF. I always take care of everything to not burden her.

Last night, I was playing Ice Hockey. It's at a very competitive level. The game is fast. It gets physical along the boards. Wishful I had some cool story, but I took a shot at the net and felt a pop in my lower back. The pain was above the adrenaline, but I gritted my teeth during puck drop scrums and hits along the boards. It was not until the locker room when all of the pain was unbearable. The adrenaline was all but gone. I had a teammate carry my stuff to the car.

I called my GF on the way home almost crying that I broke my back. She met me outside at the car. Carried my stuff inside. She took off my clothing. Bathed me in the shower. I laid belly down on the bed as she put an ice pack on my back. As I laid there, she made me a 12 am dinner. While I ate, she cleaned up the kitchen. Then grabbed my diaper supplies. She laid everything out on the bed.

Now that I was done eating, she helped me over to the bed. I was so embarrassed I could not talk. Laying down she changed me and all I could say was "Sorry." She was adamant. "Don't be sorry. You are hurt bad. Besides you won't have to get up to go to the bathroom with a diaper on." She had me roll over on my belly. Put another Ice pack on my back. Setup a tablet with a wildlife documentary on the nightstand. To distract yourself from pain. Cleaned up my plate and the kitchen. Then came back over and held my hand until we both fell asleep.

I have since called off all obligations for today. Have an emergency doctor's appointment before Christmas. Will likely be out of the game for at least six weeks and plan to marry this woman.

• Love
Reactions: Joeysms, furry121, antoniorain789 and 13 others
Sorry to hear you're hurting, hopefully you make a speedy recovery. Also it sounds like you have a keeper for a girlfriend! All sounds very sweet of her

Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun, Edgewater and 1 other person
Back injuries are the worst.

I "heroically" blew my back out going up the stairs not too long ago. Just getting into bed at night and out in the morning was hell, never mind getting my night diaper on.

Definitely take it easy for a few days, and find a nice present for your girl friend as a thanks for being awesome. :p

Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun, Edgewater and 2 others
My lower back has been fragged fo years, goes out in an epic way every so often,, has resulted in ambulance ride to ER, but they really can't do much. Pain meds react badly, cause major migraines, etc., so all I can do is grit and go easy, lay on a tennis ball and schedule chiro appointments. Back issues suck, hopefully it settles down quickly, and maybe girlfriend will chose to continue to 'assist'..

Definitely lock that one in long term!

Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun and Edgewater
I have back issues, mostly lower back: when it goes it can fell like a super intense electric shock, and every moment is agony.
I have found massage works wonders. Laying still in the initial moment of pain is ok, but have to get moving gently and slowly, otherwise the pain just stays (basically back muscles all seize up, so I have it get the loosened up again).

Reactions: Diprs2 and AttilaThePun
SugarNova said:
To preface. I bed wet on and off. I wear diapers every night to avoid any problems with my GF. I always take care of everything to not burden her.

Last night, I was playing Ice Hockey. It's at a very competitive level. The game is fast. It gets physical along the boards. Wishful I had some cool story, but I took a shot at the net and felt a pop in my lower back. The pain was above the adrenaline, but I gritted my teeth during puck drop scrums and hits along the boards. It was not until the locker room when all of the pain was unbearable. The adrenaline was all but gone. I had a teammate carry my stuff to the car.

I called my GF on the way home almost crying that I broke my back. She met me outside at the car. Carried my stuff inside. She took off my clothing. Bathed me in the shower. I laid belly down on the bed as she put an ice pack on my back. As I laid there, she made me a 12 am dinner. While I ate, she cleaned up the kitchen. Then grabbed my diaper supplies. She laid everything out on the bed.

Now that I was done eating, she helped me over to the bed. I was so embarrassed I could not talk. Laying down she changed me and all I could say was "Sorry." She was adamant. "Don't be sorry. You are hurt bad. Besides you won't have to get up to go to the bathroom with a diaper on." She had me roll over on my belly. Put another Ice pack on my back. Setup a tablet with a wildlife documentary on the nightstand. To distract yourself from pain. Cleaned up my plate and the kitchen. Then came back over and held my hand until we both fell asleep.

I have since called off all obligations for today. Have an emergency doctor's appointment before Christmas. Will likely be out of the game for at least six weeks and plan to marry this woman.
She sounds like a wonderful person and companion. I'm so sorry you hurt your back. Having pain back there is so terrible. I'm glad you got home safely. I pray you don't have any damage (I'm a massage therapist so I work with a lot of folks with back pain/injury) and can recover! Take it easy. I'm glad you have your girlfriend with you đź’•

Reactions: Diprs2, plasticpants1 and AttilaThePun
SugarNova said:

Plan to Marry this Woman!?!? You better get a Ring on her finger ASAP!
By pure luck, you got yourself a Sweetheart!!

Reactions: HereWeGo2169, Diprs2 and AttilaThePun
I have nothing to add except keep that girlfriend of yours. She is definitely a keeper.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and AttilaThePun
SugarNova said:

U might have pulled your sciatic nerve is it the lower back near right side of close to your waist ? Message therapy works great also physical therapy..

Reactions: Diprs2
hope y
SugarNova said:

hope you heal quickly without any complications

furry121 said:
U might have pulled your sciatic nerve is it the lower back near right side of close to your waist ? Message therapy works great also physical therapy
Furry121, going to poke at the typo here, but damn, I REALLY wish Message therapy worked... would be so much easier than going to my Massage therapist, probably cheaper, too... LOL....

Back