Soggyone28

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Hey all!

I'm a DL myself but I'm meeting a friend that I've talked to on and off for years. He is incontinent and a DL.

I've changed another DL in a friendly and professional way, are there any special considerations to think about if you are changing someone who is fully incontinent versus just a DL?

I mean, a change is a change and the procedure is the same to my knowledge.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
As a 24/7, U-IC, in my opinion, there are differences between the two and as a result, there is clear differences between U-IC and DL folks.

With U-IC folks it more about getting a specific fit as a means of greatly limiting leaks. And what diaper is used is just as specific as it is not uncommon for U-IC folks to tend to higher-end Medical Diapers (commonly white) where features that limit leaks rule!

DL Folks have a much wider range regaining what diaper they like and what they are interested in regarding being diapered.
(NOTE: I have zero background regarding DL and only responding based on what others on ADISC have indicated.)

Reactions: Diprs2 and newt
changing someone whether IC or just for fun is a very personal thing. it isn't just a slap a diaper on and go thing. talk to the individual ahead of time to get the person's likes, dislikes, and expectations. being that your friend is IC he or she should be bringing along his or her own diapers so you will know which diaper he or she wears. also letting the person know what experience you have with changing diapers, for there is a level of experience needed to do a proper change (getting the diaper fitted and secure and skin care products). a person who is IC needs his or her diaper fitted and secure to avoid leaks so you do need to know what you are doing not just be a casual about it, for being just DL you can control your wetting. there is a system / style to changing a diaper especially that of another person. i have had my diaper changed by individual who didn't have experience or truly know how to yet they themselves wore. if the diaper isn't fitted and secure properly you just wasted a diaper. putting a diaper on yourself is not the same as changing someone else. enjoy hanging out with your friend

Reactions: Diprs2, LordDuque, Edgewater and 1 other person
My fiancée has tried to change my diaper a few times. We moved in together during the pandemic, so she wanted to learn just in case I got sick and needed help. It turns out I am VERY particular about the fit of it and it was just frustrating for both of us.

Which is exactly what the others have said here. I am particular because I know exactly how to do it best to limit leaks and avoid wasting a diaper. Since I can't always control when I need to go, I cant just put one on willy nilly and delay the wetting until I know I'm in a good spot or position to go to avoid leaks.

With ABDLs I'd assume the diaper change is the fun in itself. But with ICs, even if DL, the change is functional, it serves a very specific purpose. So be prepared to have your friend be particular about it and may not just lay back and enjoy the fun of the change itself.

Reactions: Diprs2, Joeysms and Edgewater
Very good advice everyone, it is much appreciated. I know this is a unique scenario. We are both DLs but he is incontinent as well (not by choice) but if you need to wear you might as well enjoy it. We're good friends are our hangout isn't just about diapers so I look forward to having a friend with something like this in common.

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
Back