IN ******* AGONY!

CptKirk

Disabled veteran,"MOTORHEAD"PROFESSIONAL Mechanic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Please fogive my surt/crudely written short answers over the pas 4-5 days. Finally had the rest of my shot upper teeth removed and impant installed but HOLY FUCK I've attained new levels of pain I once thought impossible. Worse, I still have to finish my lower jaw. What I wouldn't give for a bunch of Valium for the day anXANA at night so I could stay alsspe. Don't feel pain when asleep. I got 6 hours and 20 minutes! Took 6 full strngth aspirin on top of my OxyContin and Dilaudid. ER refuses to treat me when pain exceeds my ability to tolerate pain, I'll do it myself! I never used more of the opiates than prescribed and won, but will add 305. 6 aspirin!eemes to work providing th xanax knocks me out. Last night I slept. I slept ZERO all day/night Friday and my gun barrel was starting to look mighty tasty! (not serious, sick humor)

Forgive all typos. Headache so bad diplopia so bad I see 2 of everything on radically different planes
hopefully back to sleep.
I should take u drinking!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, Woncrinklz and 4 others
My teeth hurt just reading this!! Ouch. I trust you heal quickly, and get past the pain.

Reactions: Edgewater
Oh wow. That sounds brutal. Hang in there.

Reactions: Edgewater
They don't give Vicodin for dental work anymore??? That's brutal

Reactions: Edgewater and Woncrinklz
depta99 said:
They don't give Vicodin for dental work anymore??? That's brutal
There's a HUGE movement in the medical field to stop "unnecessary" opiate-based prescriptions because of the high rise in street use of that OxyContin, and other equivalent opioids. Doctors are scared to lose their license.
They'd rather a patient suffer than to implicate their license.

Thing is, for patients that have gained a tolerance legally to opioids, their bodies have adjusted to the damn drug. So when there is a newer " " pain introduced? Well, if the pills they are prescribed don't work after a while...there is a reason. They will indeed feel pain just like they were not on any opioids in the first place because the drugs make the bodies' natural Endorphine levels decrease, if not exist, and have balanced-out to the dose they are on. This is all thanks to the opiates blocking and filling the receptors in the brain and dumbing-down the body's way of dealing with the pain naturally. Being on opiates doesn't mean pain-free once they are at their "threshold" when there is no "high" from it anymore, aka: "pain-free".
They won't help any longer. That's why people want more and more! Then they screw-up, and overdose.

When the drug's stopped, the body is clueless about what to do because it's out of practice making its own natural pain response, so the poor person undergoes what is best known as "drug withdrawal".

Drug withdrawal from opiates is a terrible sickness of uncontrollable chills, diarrhea, barfing, hot spells, cold spells, weakness, exhaustion, yet unusual energy in spasms. It all happens because the body has no idea how to re-set itself.

If anyone can ever know better: Don't do opiates.

Reactions: Edgewater and depta99
Woncrinklz said:
There's a HUGE movement in the medical field to stop "unnecessary" opiate-based prescriptions because of the high rise in street use of that OxyContin, and other equivalent opioids. Doctors are scared to lose their license.

Thing is, for patients that have gained a tolerance legally to opioids, their bodies have adjusted to the damn drug. So when there is a newer " " pain introduced? Well, if the pills they are prescribed don't work after a while...there is a reason. They will indeed feel pain just like they were not on any opioids in the first place because the drugs make the bodies' natural Endorphine levels decrease, if not exist, and have balanced-out to the dose they are on. This is all thanks to the opiates blocking and filling the receptors in the brain and dumbing-down the body's way of dealing with the pain naturally. Being on opiates doesn't mean pain-free once they are at their "threshold" when there is no "high" from it anymore, aka: "pain-free".
They won't help any longer. That's why people want more and more! Then they screw-up, and overdose.

When the drug's stopped, the body is clueless about what to do because it's out of practice making its own natural pain response, so the poor person undergoes what is best known as "drug withdrawal".

Drug withdrawal from opiates is a terrible sickness of uncontrollable chills, diarrhea, barfing, hot spells, cold spells, weakness, exhaustion, yet unusual energy in spasms. It all happens because the body has no idea how to re-set itself.

Just glad I got my 'scrip for 10 when they did my wisdom tooth extraction. The four of the ten I used really helped on the first couple of days. After that extra strength tylenol did the trick.

My wife had this done several years ago.

Call them and tell them the pain level you are having. They should help you or may need to see you!!!

Reactions: Woncrinklz and Edgewater
Woncrinklz said:

This is a great post. I really believe ppl underestimate the power of their natural body's abilities.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz and Edgewater
Very sorry that you feel the pain of dental work.
Prays your way Good Friend!

Reactions: Woncrinklz
CptKirk said:
Please fogive my surt/crudely written short answers over the pas 4-5 days. Finally had the rest of my shot upper teeth removed and impant installed but HOLY FUCK I've attained new levels of pain I once thought impossible. Worse, I still have to finish my lower jaw. What I wouldn't give for a bunch of Valium for the day anXANA at night so I could stay alsspe. Don't feel pain when asleep. I got 6 hours and 20 minutes! Took 6 full strngth aspirin on top of my OxyContin and Dilaudid. ER refuses to treat me when pain exceeds my ability to tolerate pain, I'll do it myself! I never used more of the opiates than prescribed and won, but will add 305. 6 aspirin!eemes to work providing th xanax knocks me out. Last night I slept. I slept ZERO all day/night Friday and my gun barrel was starting to look mighty tasty! (not serious, sick humor)

Forgive all typos. Headache so bad diplopia so bad I see 2 of everything on radically different planes
hopefully back to sleep.
I should take u drinking!!
Dude! So sorry to hear you are having to deal with so much pain! I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like! Keep hanging in there! I see you still have a sense of humor!

Back