• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Importance of railway electrification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrictransportgod

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I realise this is sort of 'off topic' but to set the record straight a little about myself. I was born in Sochi (Сочи), in the Krasnodar Krai area of Russia by the Black Sea.

Somehow I was brought to Switzerland as a small toddler for international adoption and was adopted in the States. I am member of LGBT Community which the Russian Orthodox Church and Putin seems to be 'at war' with (I dropped out of ROC primarily due to their homophobia).

Further, I have a congenital condition called Short Bowel Syndrome (SBS) which has given rise for most of my life chronic diarrhoea sometimes leading to some very embarrassing public diarrhoea accidents. I have been trying spandex underwear as to at least contain any inadvertent diarrhoea accidents. It has not been all that successful but better than no remedies at all.

My main 'Stück' is the environment, the biosphere in particular. I have been interested in electrified railways for a long time and now with this climate change et al. we MUST go electric! The era of burning fossil fuel is definitely passé and I am in the throes of initiating a non-profit (NGO) education and promotional organisation to educate and promote railway (and other land based transport) electrification (EVs inclusive) plus the responsible (green and renewable) energy in the production of electricity for this purpose.

I have had this inspiration for many years, but even today face heavy obstacles in financing for non-profits (The VC community only invest in profit making corporations and refuse to assist non-profits expecting them to be 'independently wealthy' or the like). Well I am far from wealthy so still I have not been able to officially get this organisation established. Ideally I wish to have this headquartered in Switzerland as no one is at war with that country as she has had a police of neutrality since 1848.

(Lastly, for what its worth, I am also a 'despised' redhead! We seem to be hated in the UK and upon visiting I have unfortunately experienced bad stares)!

Hello Electricransportgod and welcome to the group.

Very interesting and informative intro.

Again welcome to the group.

Egor

Hi and welcome as well. I love trains, electric and otherwise. Of course, producing electricity can be either clean or dirty, if the power plant is coal fired.

dogboy said:
Hi and welcome as well. I love trains, electric and otherwise. Of course, producing electricity can be either clean or dirty, if the power plant is coal fired.

I had a friend in college who had some interest in developing some sort of magnetic pulsation system for trains, but he's since went on to work for bit coin so no telling if he'll ever do anything with it, any way welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back