I'm Still Here, But I'm Not Happy

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Although I guess nobody is actually happy right now.

The whole pandemic is extra hard on me because of my autism, and how it has essentially uprooted my life's routine. The libraries are closed. The YMCA is closed. And that membership's expensive, so it pains me not being able to use it. Now I can't even get support from my therapist. First she moved my appointment from yesterday to today, and now she's sick and had to cancel. I've been offered virtual therapy, but declined because a) I would have to download an app, b) our house is too small to ensure my mother would not overhear, and c) I can imagine Medicaid refusing to pay for virtual sessions. Therapy has always involved going to a certain place for me, and doing it at home would not feel right.

So now the stuff that gets me out in the community is gone. Now I have practically no support.

I already figure that the art show I was looking forward to will not happen at the end of April. And what about the fair in September, the biggest thing in the whole year for me? They've postponed the Olympics until next year, and those weren't until July, so what does that say about the fair?

That's a very long time I have to spend worrying.

And in the midst of all this, I'm still waiting to hear the decision on my SSI case.

No one knows when things will get back to normal. I don't know when I can swim again; go to the library again. I doubt the Y will open next Monday as initially stated. The sense of uncertainty is awful.

I remember the "good old days" of two weeks ago, when shopping at Goodwill and having lunch in a restaurant was possible. You can't get even get a frozen yogurt at Costco now.

I won't even eat dinner with my parents, because my dad insists on watching the news.

I know the situation is serious. People have died and are going to die. But how long are we expected to live in fear, and what is a life spent that way? Will we still be expected to be holed up in our houses months from now? Truly we can not stay like that forever if you want life to regain any semblance of normality. At some point you have to weigh the gains against the losses. Every year, people die of the flu - and life goes on. No one cries foul, looking for someone to blame. No one accuses a random shopper of possibly killing someone's grandparent. We simply accept it as a fact of life that some people contract a disease and some people die, as much as we accept the fact that we need cars even though some people die in wrecks. For the general good of society, we accept that our daily activities will inevitably lead to some loss of life.

And sooner or later, we'll have to look at Coronavirus like that, like it or not.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Lyokodl, Sleepybrandon and BobbiSueEllen
I hear ya. Regardless of our degrees of autism, we all have routine we rely on and this has been disrupted. Reinventing is hard, too. The good news: this part of your routine's still here, just like Denny's...always open. I'm just not a big fan of the "Moons over My Hammy" plate, LOL! 🤪

Reactions: BabyDavidMessiah
I hated this sudden change in life too! I was enjoying the college life so much, but my campus had to shut down and I was forced to move back home. At home, I don't have many opportunities to wear diapers. Or hang out with friends. But one thing is for sure, it will all be over soon. Whether normal will be a few weeks or months, eventually it will be over. The least we can do be there for each other and support one another. Hang in there, we can all pull through this time of crisis together! Have a great day!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Back