If you had to buy a car right now what would it be?

Spankedanddiapered said:
I would not buy any thing new these days. they’re way overpriced and most of them are garbage for the money. Your best and most reliable purchase in my opinion would be an older Toyota Tacoma. Those things will go forever. I also have an older F150 With a 300/6 and an F250 with us 7.3 diesel I will never sell them because both are very tough and very reliable.
Good going. I don't blame ya! It's true about older cars.
I had a great truck, F250 XL, Holley Carb. 460 block/industrial. 4x4, cruise, etc. (But they get electrical probs!) And the gas feed to the Utility on its rear fed poorly by how whoever plumbed it to "fit". (rigged), so the newer gas pumps caused trouble. I had to get rid of her, a twenty+ year "relationship" :ROFLMAO:Plus, to fill her entirely up would put me out way more than I could do now.😌:giggle:

An 80's Oldsmobile 98 Regency or custom cruiser with the 5.7 diesel engine... Because my 5 cylinder turbo diesel Mercedes isn't slow enough! That and I like big body cars and obscure diesel engines!

My VW is a 5-cylinder too. But is a turtle: 100 HP

Spankedanddiapered said:
I would not buy any thing new these days. they’re way overpriced and most of them are garbage for the money. Your best and most reliable purchase in my opinion would be an older Toyota Tacoma. Those things will go forever. I also have an older F150 With a 300/6 and an F250 with us 7.3 diesel I will never sell them because both are very tough and very reliable.
I have a 94 f150 300 ci 30 yo I’ve had it for 27 years and paid off for 25 years can’t bring myself to sell it especially with the prices of newer models

I traded in my 2015 two door Jeep Wrangler during the pandemic. Got a crazy offer I couldn’t refuse so now I lease 2022 Cooper Mini S Countryman All 4. It’s a fun car. Goes like heck in Sport mode. Down side it uses premium gas and in the long run will cost a fortune to fix. The lease expires in less than two years so I will probably buy it out and resell it. I may go back to a Jeep or try a Genesis like another poster suggested. My friends have a couple and love them.
I can verify that the new cars are trouble though. My mechanic across the street says the electronic modules are so expensive and difficult to rebuild that it becomes cost prohibitive and the vehicle is garbage. I’m resigned to option B which is driving and trading in early to avoid out of warranty situations. Downside is always having a car payment.

Subtlerustle said:
I traded in my 2015 two door Jeep Wrangler during the pandemic. Got a crazy offer I couldn’t refuse so now I lease 2022 Cooper Mini S Countryman All 4. It’s a fun car. Goes like heck in Sport mode. Down side it uses premium gas and in the long run will cost a fortune to fix. The lease expires in less than two years so I will probably buy it out and resell it. I may go back to a Jeep or try a Genesis like another poster suggested. My friends have a couple and love them.
I can verify that the new cars are trouble though. My mechanic across the street says the electronic modules are so expensive and difficult to rebuild that it becomes cost prohibitive and the vehicle is garbage. I’m resigned to option B which is driving and trading in early to avoid out of warranty situations. Downside is always having a car payment.
And don’t believe BMW’s marketing hype about those minis being all British built ! 😉 most parts are made in china or main land EU
Only some of the body panels are made in uk

Back