ID Slip pinhole leak

dl4love

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone,

First of all I want to say that I'm not native English speaker and it's hard to describe my story :giggle: (a lot of unusual technical vocabulary)

Last year, I bought pack of ID Slip Maxi diapers (cloth-backed ones) and I had pinhole leak every time with these diapers... Maybe few minutes after the first pee,
It happen if there is a pressure on the diaper : if I sit down with the diaper (in my bed for example), I saw multiple pinhole of pee in the bed sheet like this :
pinhole-leak.png
(Draw on Paint :p)

And with a second pee, It was a real leak (like puddle), the pee slowly passes through the diaper (tiny water drop), Luckily I had mattress protector, but after 4/5 diapers I experiment the same issue, so I was forced to drop the other diapers from the pack to the trash because I didn't want to change bed sheet every time... (even if I don't like waste...)

I wonder if anyone had the same issue with ID slip diapers ?
Was it a defective pack and I had no luck ?

Many thanks

I have never used that brand of diaper, but, that is the reason I always wear plastic pants over my disposable diapers.

Probably a production flaw. I have had this too but can't remember which brand it was.

Pinhole leaks are usually caused by SAP crystals poking thought a thin plastic shell. Usually when the diaper is still dry and you first sit down. When you wet the diaper the SAP becomes soft and allows pee to wick through the small hole it made.

The solution is to stop using cheap diapers.

SAPexpanded said:
Probably a production flaw. I have had this too but can't remember which brand it was.

Mmm maybe, because it was very surprising from this brand (it's a bit famous in EU, not as popular as other brands like Tena or Molicare but not a supermarket cheap brand)

Slomo said:
Pinhole leaks are usually caused by SAP crystals poking thought a thin plastic shell. Usually when the diaper is still dry and you first sit down. When you wet the diaper the SAP becomes soft and allows pee to wick through the small hole it made.

The solution is to stop using cheap diapers.

Very well explained, thank you 😄 do you have a work in medical ?
But I'm surprised, because ID slip diapers seem not to be a "cheap" brand, there are sold by the most famous online incontinence shop in France

I also used iD as my regular daily wear until I had exactly this problem which seems to be that the SAP is not properly contained within the pulp layers, as these should stop it contacting the backsheet. I used to consider iD reasonable quality and excellent value; somewhere in between regular medical and top-tier such as Molicare. When Tena first discontinued the plastic-backed Slip, I switched to iD mainly because I liked the fit. I had no issues with them at all for a couple of years until suddenly I started finding various amounts of SAP pinholing, resulting in one of the very few public leaks I've ever had (although nothing bad happened, it probably wasn't even noticed).

I had also enjoyed wearing the iD hybrids without plastic pants during the summer months, but the risk was too great and I stopped using them altogether having found pinhole issues with nappies from more than one batch of each type. Thankfully Tena had by then introduced the 'Active Fit' plastic-backed range and I returned to them. I wanted to re-visit the iD options but perhaps won't now do so.

I stopped wearing them for that very reason- I really cannot recommend their brand anymore. Kinda sad, it was once my go-to, but they lowered their quality. I believe I even made a thread about it on here.

I would say switch to "Seni". It's cheap but good, just like ID was once.

Best regards,
-Edward.

dl4love said:
Mmm maybe, because it was very surprising from this brand (it's a bit famous in EU, not as popular as other brands like Tena or Molicare but not a supermarket cheap brand)

Very well explained, thank you 😄 do you have a work in medical ?
But I'm surprised, because ID slip diapers seem not to be a "cheap" brand, there are sold by the most famous online incontinence shop in France
Nope, I just pay attention and try to remember what I pick up along the way. Been around to see a LOT of doctors, and have tested a LOT of different diapers though.

We in the US have had a bunch of manufactuers start with good diapers but slowly cheapen them up. Hopfully this isn't the start of that for you, but my guess is it is. All you can really do is watch them closely, and be ready to switch brands if/when needed.

Back