iD Expert diaper's declining quality

TyphaHare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Alright, so last time when I bought these diapers, as the package arrived I noticed immediately it was different than usual.
Taking one diaper out was a shock, it was this thin and flimsy thing, and the plastic backing was still plastic on the diaper part, but cloth on wings. It's fine if it's Tena diapers, so I was kinda like... this can be good or bad.

Looking at the filling was just sad. There was like 30% less filling in the whole diaper now. Looking at it trough light showed a thicker long oval in the middle and pathetic amount elsewhere. I still have one old iD Exper diaper and the difference is just mind-boggling.
The wings were really, REALLY stuck on the folded diaper, and same with the leak guards. I had to really dig and make sure everything is separate and working, this procedure makes changing diapers longer, too, it's just that bad. The quality of this flimsy thing is like USA grocery store brand-bad (I live in EU but I've tried Attends and the likes).

Now, wearing these things.. the tapes don't stick properly on the cloth portion, and it stretches out real fast anyway. Good fit is impossible.
I have now leaked THREE TIMES when before these were so leak-proof they were my go-to diapers for wearing outside!!! I bought these diapers especially to wear when I have to make a trip where I know I don't have proper access to a toilet. Last time I ordered diapers it was 90% ABDL brands, and these were the only diapers I bought for use at outside.. so now I've had to use ABDL diapers outside and these at home since I don't trust them :|
(I don't want to use ABDL diapers outside home in case the diaper peeks out of my pants or if I get into an accident, go to hospital and then have that awkwardness to explain.)

So yeah, I bought a pile of leaking garbage. I'm never using iD Expert diapers again.
This is even worse quality drop than Abena, and I'm not buying those aymore, either.

Anyone else noticed this?
Now I have to search for a better, cheap everyday diaper..

Oh, and small edit.. ALL of the leaks happened when the diaper was completely dry, and I was voiding into them for the first time! It's not like they can't hold as much, it's like they don't hold at all. It was like peeing with no protection at all, it just fell right out :|||

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: KitsuneFox
We have a pack that is currently in the "junk" pile ... BetterDry is far better of an 'economical' high capacity diaper - it is thicker than ID .

Reactions: TyphaHare
Oh yes, absolutely! I ALWAYS have Crinklz in my diaper drawer. It is unbeatable in the price-function range.
I was so worried when Comficare became BetterDry/Crinklz but they did the impossible and made an even better nappy than the legendary Comficare!

But yeah, I'm still on the lookout for a diaper that can hold 2-3 voids of bladder and are cheap and functional. BetterDry can hold, for me max 6-8 voids so it feels overkill to wear them outside sometimes. Sometimes not, but I do have a need for nappies that are a bit less bulky at times.

Damn, that sucks. I think I've heard that ABU also started cheaping out on their diapers too, like they think we won't notice? Not sure what's available where you live, but Tena has some diapers available for pretty cheap, and the few times I've tried them, they've held a really nice amount, and they're comfy too.

Ereid2k19 said:
Damn, that sucks. I think I've heard that ABU also started cheaping out on their diapers too, like they think we won't notice? Not sure what's available where you live, but Tena has some diapers available for pretty cheap, and the few times I've tried them, they've held a really nice amount, and they're comfy too.

Tena are superior! I think it's even a local brand, either Swedish or Finnish, but they are still more expensive than BetterDry. Even their less absorbent nappies are so much more expensive that I'm going to look for something else. Seni, Molicare and Forma-Care have never leaked on me, either so I'll look into those. I think Forma-Care was a real nice shade of blue or green too!

I didn't buy a lot of ID expert diapers, but I can say that for the plastic backed ones : they were no leak unlike the cloth-backed ones. With the cloth-backed ID expert diapers I experimented a kind of "pinholes" leaks several times... So I don't buy them anymore, Tena or Molicare are better "medical" diapers IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: TyphaHare
Ereid2k19 said:

They definitely made some big changes on the Super Dry Kids. They are now an extreme navy blue on the sides, and white on the center. Not very pleasing to the eye. I had a package of the ABUniverse lavender diapers, which were a variant of the Super Dry Kids except with lavender prints, and a light lavender scent. Those had a longer fit, better build, better plastic backing, and were actually a bit thicker.

Reactions: Ereid2k19
Honeywell6180 said:
They definitely made some big changes on the Super Dry Kids. They are now an extreme navy blue on the sides, and white on the center. Not very pleasing to the eye. I had a package of the ABUniverse lavender diapers, which were a variant of the Super Dry Kids except with lavender prints, and a light lavender scent. Those had a longer fit, better build, better plastic backing, and were actually a bit thicker.
Good to hear! I'm glad I can actually buy some Abu without worrying about a total downgrade on quality.

Ereid2k19 said:
Good to hear! I'm glad I can actually buy some Abu without worrying about a total downgrade on quality.

But you do have to understand that today's Super Dry Kids diapers are thinner, and have a much lower cut than the older versions. They're OK, but maybe not quite as comfortable as the Bambino Bellissimos. You will also have to live with that extremely dark navy blue color on the sides of the garment. This is part of why I opted for a case of Bambinos instead of the SDKs this time around.

Reactions: Ereid2k19
Back