I think that we need ABDL pull-ups that resemble Huggies Pull-Ups

the tech is there, the patents are what keeps adults with the crappy pullups

Reactions: TigerDL and bigtoddler96
Absolutely. I've wasted a lot of time looking for something like this. There aren't any good adult pull ups. Would definitely buy if made available.

• Love
Reactions: bigtoddler96
Yes, but without being ABDL'ish.

The first XL goodnites were basically adult sized. When the article talks about not scaling up, I say BS. Maybe adult XL or XXL sizes wouldn't work, but the first goodnites had the classic pull up shape with 2 stretchy sides and an absorbent pad, and they could fit average adults just fine. I still fit into them at almost 200 lbs.

Add a bit more SAP and modern materials and they would be absorbent enough for a training pant. Even if the trend in abdl diapers is to hold ridiculous amounts of liquid, they really don't need to hold that much, so why would pull ups? Just absorb more than depends do, which isn't a very high standard, and that would be more than good enough for the most of the abdl and some of the vanilla market.

I get that patents are the biggest obstacle here, but surely there is a way to get around them and make something close enough. We aren't talking about a complex machine or microchip, it's 1 absorbent/waterproof rectangle and 2 stretchy panels. Add some color and the mock fly they brag about already being able to do, and Bam!!! millions of dollars (or at least a healthy profit and some happy customers).

Last edited:
Reactions: BadAtNames
I heard of a site that does something similar to this, it was called Kinky Dreams. They made sadly only tape-up diapers but they took prints from children's diapers and put them on adult sizes.

SideQuestCharacter said:
I heard of a site that does something similar to this, it was called Kinky Dreams. They made sadly only tape-up diapers but they took prints from children's diapers and put them on adult sizes.
That's true, but Kinky Dreams uses the so called "granny panty" style pullups for their pull ons, which isn't what we're looking for.

I’ll admit that I would applaud that idea.

As long as these adult style Pull-Ups have the same great padding as with Goodnites and Drynites from years ago before they went all cheap and less absorbency than I’ll be in much support for them.

I’d love a pull up style nappy! I potty train littles and having a proper pull up with a cute design would really help to make it an immersive and more fun experience. The trainer underwear sold by some ABDL stores are good, but a really well made pull-up would be good for those who want to potty train but have the safety and feel of a nappy.

btw, why don’t ABDL stores sell pottys? I’ve never managed to find one. The regular ones in shops are too small and anything bigger is Usually very plain and not shaped like a real potty. I’m thinking of finding a company to make some up for me so I can offer a real potty training experience.

Reactions: Prillprillprill
patrick1776 said:
The first XL goodnites were basically adult sized. When the article talks about not scaling up, I say BS. Maybe adult XL or XXL sizes wouldn't work, but the first goodnites had the classic pull up shape with 2 stretchy sides and an absorbent pad, and they could fit average adults just fine. I still fit into them at almost 200 lbs.

Add a bit more SAP and modern materials and they would be absorbent enough for a training pant. Even if the trend in abdl diapers is to hold ridiculous amounts of liquid, they really don't need to hold that much, so why would pull ups? Just absorb more than depends do, which isn't a very high standard, and that would be more than good enough for the most of the abdl and some of the vanilla market.
But you see all the time people on this forum complaining that Goodnites are too small, "if it fits like a bikini, it doesn't actually *fit*", not to mention it only fits a certain group of ABDLs that can still squeeze into them. They think that just because they don't fit properly (doesn't come all the way up to the waist, etc), you can't say you "fit" them (which I disagree with).

And on the capacity side, again you see so many negative nellies saying they don't absorb enough, they "can't even hold 1 wetting" (although I and other people have been able to use them for at least one, sometimes a few wettings), leak too easily, etc. People have high expectations for ABDL products, it seems they would want ABDL diaper level capacity if an ABDL pullup were released, which is just not realistic. They wouldn't be satisfied with a pullup that absorbs just a bit more than depends.

patrick1776 said:
I get that patents are the biggest obstacle here, but surely there is a way to get around them and make something close enough. We aren't talking about a complex machine or microchip, it's 1 absorbent/waterproof rectangle and 2 stretchy panels. Add some color and the mock fly they brag about already being able to do, and Bam!!! millions of dollars (or at least a healthy profit and some happy customers).
Patents are pretty piecemeal in what they protect, and the combination of them make up the final product. I don't know the exact patents, but if I had to guess, they probably have patents on: the stretchy material their sides are made of, how the sides are attached to the main body of the pullup, and how those sides are sealed to each other, among other things. So your first obstacle is getting the right stretchy side panels, that are protected by patent. And then you importantly need to attach it to the body of the diaper, which the method is also protected.

There's a good Reddit post that partly talks about the legal problems with making an adult version of Goodnites:

It is partly patents but predominantly technology and physics. Remember that the increase in size is linear but the increase in capacity requirements is exponential. Incontinence pullups are not designed or intended for full voids, they are there to catch little leaks in those who can mostly use the toilet.
A rough formula for calculating bladder capacity is age+1 x 30. So if we looked at pullups being for a 3 year old, it would at most need to hold 120-150ml as it is not intended to be used more than once because they are a toilet training age.
A 23 year old ABDL may *want* a pullup to hold 2-3 full bladder voids of 720-750ml per time. Even assuming urine has the same weight as water (it weighs a little more as it contains other minerals and substances) that means it needs to hold somewhere between 1.5kg and 2.,5kg of weight, around your waist whilst also fitting closely, being comforable and not having a major sag. Or put it another way, maybe 4x the size of a toddler pullup but 10x the capacity requirement.
Plus it also needs to be at an affordable cost point- it is probably possible ot make an adult pullup that fits all the above criteria but the elastic and other materials provided, combined with a fairly unique manufacturing process would make it unaffordable and unsustainable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamas and TigerDL
Back