I made a survey to satisfy my curiosity

scientist

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
As the title said, I created a survey of 17 questions that I am curious about. These questions range from what diaper you like most to what field you work in. I am very curious if there are interesting links to be found when applying statistics. I am posting this in off topic to get the best group to represent the site since I assume ABs DLs and ICs all visit this part of the site equally. If you feel like the survey is missing an important question let me know, I think I can still add it while the survey is on going. You can answer it for two weeks or until 1000 people have answered.
Here is the link: https://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/137C2GUo

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: Sealander, fredy552, diaperwoody and 4 others
Filled in the survey. Interesting, do you have a particular goal in mind?

I took it, too, but your question of AB/DL/IC is too narrow IMO, as I consider myself none of the above, but I'm not sure what the other option would be other than maybe "None of these."

Reactions: Edgewater
Aimeesaurus said:
Filled in the survey. Interesting, do you have a particular goal in mind?
Thanks! I don't really have a goal, I'm currently doing an internship at an ecological institute that involves a lot of statistics. It made me wonder if I could maybe find some links between abdl things. Like for example I think there is a good chance that people who like to use pacifiers are more likely to also sleep with a plushie since these are both comfort items. I will of course share the results when the survey is finished.

Reactions: fredy552, denimchicken, mistykitty and 2 others
scientist said:
Thanks! I don't really have a goal, I'm currently doing an internship at an ecological institute that involves a lot of statistics. It made me wonder if I could maybe find some links between abdl things. Like for example I think there is a good chance that people who like to use pacifiers are more likely to also sleep with a plushie since these are both comfort items. I will of course share the results when the survey is finished.
Sounds really cool, I'd definitely be interested in seeing your results. I do a lot of stats at uni, I hate them haha. Worst part of my degree by a wide margin! You could even perform some statistical analyses, find out what things correlate with others.

Reactions: diaperdude and PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
I took it, too, but your question of AB/DL/IC is too narrow IMO, as I consider myself none of the above, but I'm not sure what the other option would be other than maybe "None of these."
Thanks for the feedback. I figured people would fall in at least one of these categories. I am unable to change it now without losing responses that have already been given so I guess I will add a section at the end for this scenario.

Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and Aimeesaurus
Aimeesaurus said:
Sounds really cool, I'd definitely be interested in seeing your results. I do a lot of stats at uni, I hate them haha. Worst part of my degree by a wide margin! You could even perform some statistical analyses, find out what things correlate with others.
I do loads of T tests for my internship, I've gotten pretty good at them so I will definitely be applying that knowledge here. I also didn't like statistics at first but I have done it so much now that I have really started to appreciate what it can tell us about the data.

Reactions: denimchicken, PadPhilosopher and Aimeesaurus
PadPhilosopher said:
I suppose an option for "other - your description here" could work right? But yeah, if it can't be changed now it's probably not a huge deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Post results of survey please. I'm very interested.

Reactions: fredy552, KindaOlde, JunkyardDog1 and 1 other person
Took you survey.
Would be interested in seeing the results.
I have also helped Bitter Gray with his AB/DL research and suggest you talk to him.

Egor

Reactions: ElPulpo, JunkyardDog1, geka and 1 other person
egor said:
Took you survey.
Would be interested in seeing the results.
I have also helped Bitter Gray with his AB/DL research and suggest you talk to him.

Egor
Does he do academic research? Because that would be great since this is a topic that is not very well explored by the scientific community.

3 respondents said they'd never wear again, and 3 said they were IC. I sense a probable correlation, and a probable misunderstanding. O think they meant never NEED to wear again, whereas the tone of the question was about being ALLOWED to west. Not being allowed to wear again without removing the need sounds disastrous..... but of course, I understood what they meant.

Reactions: Edgewater
PadPhilosopher said:
3 respondents said they'd never wear again, and 3 said they were IC. I sense a probable correlation, and a probable misunderstanding. O think they meant never NEED to wear again, whereas the tone of the question was about being ALLOWED to west. Not being allowed to wear again without removing the need sounds disastrous..... but of course, I understood what they meant.
I was thinking the same thing but when using the tool the site gives me for making comparisons, there is no one that is IC and wants to never wear again. Which is very interesting. I guess if you have been accustomed to diapers this isn't that bad of an option, and of course it is safe to assume that if someone is on this site, they like diapers or at the very least don't mind them because why would you join a forum that is about liking diapers if you hate them.

• Wow
This is really cool. Can the data be exported to a spreadsheet? Just for my own curiosity I'd quite like to run it through Jamovi or something similar. If I were a braver person I'd have done something on ABDL for my dissertation project. I thought hard about it but didn't want to out myself in public. I actually think my project could be easily adapted to ABDL though!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Aimeesaurus said:
This is really cool. Can the data be exported to a spreadsheet? Just for my own curiosity I'd quite like to run it through Jamovi or something similar. If I were a braver person I'd have done something on ABDL for my dissertation project. I thought hard about it but didn't want to out myself in public. I actually think my project could be easily adapted to ABDL though!
There is an option to export the data to a spread sheet. I will do this in 2 weeks when the time of the survey is up, I'll see if I can share it here and otherwise I could probably send it to you directly if you'd like. You could always research ABDL later in your carreer if you become more comfortable with it. There is not a lot of research about it and you being DL will probably help a lot when trying to understand the people you will get your data from.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Aimeesaurus
scientist said:
There is an option to export the data to a spread sheet. I will do this in 2 weeks when the time of the survey is up, I'll see if I can share it here and otherwise I could probably send it to you directly if you'd like. You could always research ABDL later in your carreer if you become more comfortable with it. There is not a lot of research about it and you being DL will probably help a lot when trying to understand the people you will get your data from.
I don't think I'll be going any further in my studies. I want to get into work once I finish. I'd be more than happy with my dissertation being adapted to fit any future research though, when it's done. Replication and iteration is what it's all about!

I filled it out to. Seems pretty interesting actually. I'm interested in seeing what says when concluded.

scientist said:
Does he do academic research? Because that would be great since this is a topic that is not very well explored by the scientific community.
If you google Paraphilic Infantilism or Adult baby Syndrome His work usually comes up. SO it is published but I an not curtain which journals it is in.

He covers emotional mapping and some other causes. But from what he says the cause is during the developmental ages and usually a older sibling that was old enough to be potty training or just after when the initial "urges" are formed. Some but not always the case in later years i.e. post 90's does diaper discipline play a part in DL tendencies

Last edited:
scientist said:
I was thinking the same thing but when using the tool the site gives me for making comparisons, there is no one that is IC and wants to never wear again. Which is very interesting. I guess if you have been accustomed to diapers this isn't that bad of an option, and of course it is safe to assume that if someone is on this site, they like diapers or at the very least don't mind them because why would you join a forum that is about liking diapers if you hate them.
Oh wow! So it reflects DL self loathing, apparently! I wouldn't have guessed that.

Back