I kinda like changing him.

SupportingHelp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Hello again y'all!! So it's been about a week of me finding out my bf likes wearing diapers. It's been kind of a rollercoaster. He is still having some embarrassment and shame issues with it all. I've been doing my best to be supportive and help him along the way. He's currently pouting cause he knows I have a surprise for him but he doesn't know what it is lol. It's been fun shopping for him and putting them on him and changing him. I kinda enjoy changing him honestly and idk if that's normal or not lol but we are just slowly going with it. So typically in the mornings I will wake him up and change him and I enjoy doing it. My question is do you think he enjoys it too? I know that he struggles with everything and I don't want to push too far. So maybe I should ask him but I don't want him to say no just cause he's embarrassed and I don't want to stop doing it either. He also hasn't asked me to stop and I'm sure he would if he didn't. I guess I'm just kinda unsure of what to do. Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: Cubdl, TigerDL, LittleDiaperDreamer and 8 others
I know I would like to be changed.

Reactions: BigAl2 and SupportingHelp
I’d say most people on here would absolutely love to have their partner diaper them especially if it was willingly and unprovoked. I’m glad you’re enjoying it, too. He may benefit from hearing that you get some positive feeling/satisfaction in doing it.

Reactions: TigerDL, LittleDiaperDreamer, skylanderpamp and 3 others
TrueHero said:
I’d say most people on here would absolutely love to have their partner diaper them especially if it was willingly and unprovoked. I’m glad you’re enjoying it, too. He may benefit from hearing that you get some positive feeling/satisfaction in doing it.
Oh that's a good idea and then I can kinda see if he says anything about it. Like he doesn't or something. Thanks

Reactions: TrueHero and BigAl2
Sprint3473 said:
I know I would like to be changed.
I hope he does too it's just hard to tell cause he's still getting used to everything and still a little embarrassed so I'm scared to just ask him and then he'll say he doesn't just cause.

Reactions: BigAl2
embarrassment is sometimes part of the experience; I would be more forward and offer support, e.g., don't ask if he is embarrassed, but rather use supportable words. and share that you are enjoying this too.

Reactions: TigerDL, BigAl2 and SupportingHelp
I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying taking care of him. You can always let him know that you are enjoying it while you are changing him to help him feel more comfortable about the situation. You can also agree on a safe word that can be said to let the other person know that they are uncomfortable and want it to stop.

Reactions: TigerDL, Ali123, JunkyardDog1 and 2 others
StarryNight said:
I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying taking care of him. You can always let him know that you are enjoying it while you are changing him to help him feel more comfortable about the situation. You can also agree on a safe word that can be said to let the other person know that they are uncomfortable and want it to stop.
That's a good idea I never thought of a safe word. I'll mention it to him thank you!

Reactions: StarryNight and BigAl2
Sprint3473 said:
embarrassment is sometimes part of the experience; I would be more forward and offer support, e.g., don't ask if he is embarrassed, but rather use supportable words. and share that you are enjoying this too.
Do you have any supportive word choices? Cause I kinda know he's embarrassed but I'm just not sure if he's too embarrassed and doesn't want me to or if it's ok.

Reactions: BigAl2
Hey babe, is it OK if I take care of this? Probably direct enough and caring enough lol. Or if you don't want convo, if you are going for a change and he's not into it he can say Philadelphia pineapple congressman Oklahoma. Anything as a safe word would suffice id suppose.

Reactions: SupportingHelp
I would not ask him about it. As you said he is embarrassed about it and might say no just because he's embarrassed. Just keep changing him and tell him every time how much you enjoy changing him and that it's good that he enjoys wearing diapers. If he truly wants you to stop changing him, he will tell you. Keep being supportive and tell him he has nothing to be ashamed of.
I would love it if my wife was to change me.

Reactions: TigerDL, BigAl2 and SupportingHelp
Cozycomfort1 said:
Hey babe, is it OK if I take care of this? Probably direct enough and caring enough lol. Or if you don't want convo, if you are going for a change and he's not into it he can say Philadelphia pineapple congressman Oklahoma. Anything as a safe word would suffice id suppose.
Could also use green, yellow, or red light. Green light means he's enjoying it. Yellow means caution, he's unsure but move ahead slowly. Red light means stop, he is not comfortable.

Reactions: TigerDL
Not knowing you or your boyfriend, and not knowing whether he's incontinent, a DL, ABDL, or some combination, I can't speak for him. I hope your relationship is solid enough that you can be fully honest with each other.

You have said you enjoy changing his diapers. Letting you change him gives you pleasure, then. It's not an unpleasant task. I hope he understands it's a happy experience for you. That should be an important factor in his decision.

I have been incontinent to one degree or another all my life. I resisted learning to change my own diapers until I was in my late teens. Once I did learn to manage my own diapering,though, I found a new level of autonomy, no longer needing to ask my mom or sister whenever my diapers became uncomfortable. The increase in self-esteem was HUGE!

Today I am reluctant to give up that autonomy.I am 78 years old and losing dexterity. There WILL come a time when I can no longer manage my diapering, but I am doing my best to put that time off for as long as possible.

Your boyfriend's point of view may be very different from mine. He may desire that level of intimate care. It's HIS responsibility to let you know what works best for him..

Looks to me like you are blessed to have each other. I wish you well.

I would confidently say he enjoys it. I would do anything to have a girlfriend that changes me.

Reactions: JunkyardDog1
I would say if he hasn’t said anything yet then he probably enjoys it. I would enjoy it too if my girlfriend would change me.

Reactions: diaperdude and JunkyardDog1
SupportingHelp said:
Do you have any supportive word choices? Cause I kinda know he's embarrassed but I'm just not sure if he's too embarrassed and doesn't want me to or if it's ok.
I'm sure he's enjoying it, even if he is a bit embarrassed about it. Embarrassment and humiliation can be quite a big part of the fun of having your nappy changed. After all, it's essentially surrendering all control to you, and that can be thrilling as well as bit scary. There may well be, um, some "physical things" you notice when you're putting his nappy on him, which will also let you know.

As for supportive word choices, something like "Is Mummy's big boy going to let her change his nappy for him?", or "Baby needs to lie down on Mummy's bed so she can pop his nappy on for him" may be good.

Does he wet his nappy? If he does, and the nappy you're taking off him is wet, something like "My, my! You've really wet your nappy, haven't you? What a good job Mummy put you into one" could be nice.

What's the surprise you mentioned you had for him?

Reactions: SupportingHelp and diaperdude
I've seen the posts you've been making but haven't replied to any yet.

First of It's so good that you are open to all this and willing to support him through it and it's great to see that you are even enjoying this new dynamic in your relationship, I hope he realises how lucky he is to have what most of us here only dream of.

I'm gonna take a slightly different angle to it though where, lots of people here and in the other threads are coming more from a "let him lead the way" kinda position, which is good and correct to a point, especially if he still seems very embarrassed or perhaps ashamed by it, you don't want to press too much or he may shy away even more.

I instead though always advocate for open and honest communication. when both parties in a relationship know where the other stands and what they feel/think, it can be much easier to move forward.

Finding some time to sit down and properly discuss things making sure to let him know how you feel, that you are sincerely enjoying it and interested in exploring and then asking how he is feeling and what he would like will give you a good foundation to build on.

He may be worried that you are only "going through the motions" and not really accepting it or perhaps he would like to do more but is worried about putting to much on you and scaring you away.

Without knowing him it's hard to really say what might be going through his head, it could be that maybe there is a lot of the AB side of things in him and he's scared that will make you think less of him or perhaps he feels like less of "a man" because of it. Maybe there are a lot of AB tendencies that he doesn't even know about/recognise/acknowledge himself. Maybe he is purely a DL and having you change him is making him feel more insecure about it, or possibly making comments about him being a good little boy or mummy changing his soggy diaper may be off putting, even if he wants that, doing so early on may feel to forward for him.

There are so many factors that can be at play, from your other posts it sounds like he may have had a bit of trauma in his childhood around continence issues. There is also the fact (and I may get flamed for this but...) that he is a man, Guys do tend to have a much more restrictive or difficult time dealing with emotions and expressing themselves or opening up.

Having a little "check in" chat with him and getting that baseline could be of help to both of you and maybe give him the confidence boost he needs to really open up about what he would like from you, and perhaps setting some limits to what you would be willing to do will give him some kind of "boundary" line so that he knows where he stands and isn't afraid to move forward worrying if he is going to go too far.

Just don't start a conversation with a line like "hey we need to talk about these diapers" that will set his alarm bells ringing that something is wrong, maybe wait until you are changing him one night, maybe before bed, and while doing it just casually and light heartedly say something like:

"I've really been enjoying changing you and having these little moments together, I'm so glad you felt you could trust me with this, but I notice sometimes you seem a little unsteady about it, I know this must be difficult for you to open up about and it's only been (a week? however long) so I thought I'd check in with you to make sure you're ok. Would you be up to chatting about it a little?"

Hopefully he'll say yes and you can sit and talk things through, but if he says no or not yet or something like that then you tell him "ok, well I'm happy to keep going if you are just know that I am here whenever you feel comfortable enough to talk about it."

That at least would let him know that you are happy, sincere and ready to accept him without being too pushy or digging into his emotional state before he is ready, it also gives him the chance to say if he isn't so happy about it, if he doesn't say anything about not being happy then you have your answer at least whether he enjoys it or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and SupportingHelp
Belarin said:
I've seen the posts you've been making but haven't replied to any yet.

First of It's so good that you are open to all this and willing to support him through it and it's great to see that you are even enjoying this new dynamic in your relationship, I hope he realises how lucky he is to have what most of us here only dream of.

I'm gonna take a slightly different angle to it though where, lots of people here and in the other threads are coming more from a "let him lead the way" kinda position, which is good and correct to a point, especially if he still seems very embarrassed or perhaps ashamed by it, you don't want to press too much or he may shy away even more.

I instead though always advocate for open and honest communication. when both parties in a relationship know where the other stands and what they feel/think, it can be much easier to move forward.

Finding some time to sit down and properly discuss things making sure to let him know how you feel, that you are sincerely enjoying it and interested in exploring and then asking how he is feeling and what he would like will give you a good foundation to build on.

He may be worried that you are only "going through the motions" and not really accepting it or perhaps he would like to do more but is worried about putting to much on you and scaring you away.

Without knowing him it's hard to really say what might be going through his head, it could be that maybe there is a lot of the AB side of things in him and he's scared that will make you think less of him or perhaps he feels like less of "a man" because of it. Maybe there are a lot of AB tendencies that he doesn't even know about/recognise/acknowledge himself. Maybe he is purely a DL and having you change him is making him feel more insecure about it, or possibly making comments about him being a good little boy or mummy changing his soggy diaper may be off putting, even if he wants that, doing so early on may feel to forward for him.

There are so many factors that can be at play, from your other posts it sounds like he may have had a bit of trauma in his childhood around continence issues. There is also the fact (and I may get flamed for this but...) that he is a man, Guys do tend to have a much more restrictive or difficult time dealing with emotions and expressing themselves or opening up.

Having a little "check in" chat with him and getting that baseline could be of help to both of you and maybe give him the confidence boost he needs to really open up about what he would like from you, and perhaps setting some limits to what you would be willing to do will give him some kind of "boundary" line so that he knows where he stands and isn't afraid to move forward worrying if he is going to go too far.

Just don't start a conversation with a line like "hey we need to talk about these diapers" that will set his alarm bells ringing that something is wrong, maybe wait until you are changing him one night, maybe before bed, and while doing it just casually and light heartedly say something like:

"I've really been enjoying changing you and having these little moments together, I'm so glad you felt you could trust me with this, but I notice sometimes you seem a little unsteady about it, I know this must be difficult for you to open up about and it's only been (a week? however long) so I thought I'd check in with you to make sure you're ok. Would you be up to chatting about it a little?"

Hopefully he'll say yes and you can sit and talk things through, but if he says no or not yet or something like that then you tell him "ok, well I'm happy to keep going if you are just know that I am here whenever you feel comfortable enough to talk about it."

That at least would let him know that you are happy, sincere and ready to accept him without being too pushy or digging into his emotional state before he is ready, it also gives him the chance to say if he isn't so happy about it, if he doesn't say anything about not being happy then you have your answer at least whether he enjoys it or not.
Omg thank you so much!! That's super helpful!! We have had a few conversations about everything and they've been fairly positive but he is definitely a little closed off and I totally get it! He is also just not totally sure of what he wants as he's said currently he's just trying to process and get used to being in a diaper around me and he has asked specifically for me to change him but then when I do he seems tense. So I think I might just kinda keep up what we're doing and then maybe when I see that he's a little more relaxed I can lead into that conversation!? Again thank you so much I really appreciate it! It's just hard for me cause I'm the type of person who just dives off the deep end into things and I'm trying to learn everything I can and learn how to be as supportive as possible and I just sometimes go too far!

Reactions: JunkyardDog1, Ali123 and Belarin
Back