How to choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prudence

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Almost ready to give in to daily incontinence. Looking for least obvious pull-up. Need is rushing to bathroom every 30 min to 1 hour for urge. Suggestions? Ready to give in as knee problems may need a brace, not sure I can move fast when that happens. Have resisted for a log time. Cannot imagine needing to rush to bathroom and not get there with a brace(s)

Last edited:
Prudence said:
Almost ready to give in to daily incontinence. Looking for least obvious pull-up. Need is every 30 min to 1 hour for urge. Suggestions? Ready to give in as knee problems may need a brace, not sure I can move fast when that happens. Have resisted for a log time. Cannot imagine needing to rush to bathroom and not get there with a brace(s)
If you are able to change your pull-ups after every accident, I'd suggest Tena Pants. They are quite OK. However, a pull-up cannot really hold more than one accident, maybe two if you void moderate amount a time. Given your statement for 1-2 accidents per hour, you'd go through a package of pullups (30 pairs) within two days max. I know it is a harder pill to swallow, but with this frequency and with the limited mobility, I'd consider tape on diapers, like Tena Slip Super (high capacity but still discreet), Molicare Slip Super (high capacity discreet one) or Abena S/M/L 3 (a bit more bulky, but higher capacity. Still easy to conceal)

Need is getting to toilet 1x-2x/ hr. Not having accidents yet. Just super urges, ready to dribble. Fear is need of knee brace(s) soon and not begin able to make it. (I’ve always needed to use bathroom that frequently/ since late teens/ always rushed to bathroom)

Last edited:
Prudence said:
Need is getting to toilet 1x-2x/ hr. Not having accidents yet. Just super urges, ready to dribble. Fear is need of knee brace(s) soon and not begin able to make it. (I’ve always needed to use bathroom that frequently/ since late teens/ always rushed to bathroom)
OK, makes sense. If it is "just" a safety net, I'd suggest Tena Pants. Works just like and underwear, easy to pull up and down and even after multiple visits to the restroom it still keeps its elasticity and form. And in case of an accident, it absorbs fluid quick and well, so it can keep your clothing clean as long as you don't use them more than once.

Reactions: Pino and sbmccue
Changing every time is a pain, so if you want pull-ups for longer between changes, the Abena Abri-Flex Premium Underwear work quite well.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I’d recommend the Tena ProSkin Overnight Underwear (pull-ups), it’s possible that these are the same things as the UK Tena pants.

They’re low rise like regular underwear, have elastics on the bottom part that scrunch then into a W shape which makes them more compact and kinda simulates the 2 core shape that some diapers use (and patented). They have good leak guards. Super, super discrete and hold 500ml. I’d recommend starting with these.

Last edited:
Prudence said:
Almost ready to give in to daily incontinence. Looking for least obvious pull-up. Need is rushing to bathroom every 30 min to 1 hour for urge. Suggestions? Ready to give in as knee problems may need a brace, not sure I can move fast when that happens. Have resisted for a log time. Cannot imagine needing to rush to bathroom and not get there with a brace(s)
Keep in mind, if you're always in pants, you'll need to take them (and your shoes) off to put a new pair on, and the environment may not be all that clean. Pull-ups tend to have far less absorbency than taped diapers.

HumanFly said:
Keep in mind, if you're always in pants, you'll need to take them (and your shoes) off to put a new pair on, and the environment may not be all that clean.
It was this fact that help my wife accept my wearing briefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back