How many other disabled veterans are here?

I need to get a VSO to help get my upgraded from half broke to 3/4's broke I have a back injury at l4-5 service connection with incontroll, but it's a sciatica that's been absolutely murdering me with me working my legs hurt all the damn and I have zero ratings for the ankles and the sciatica which kills me

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater
bedwetterdavid said:
This is the form that needs to be filled out, have you ever submitted one of these?

I was instructed to fill out this form and submit it to the prosthetics department at my VA hospital.
I have been working to help a Vet acquire MegaMax diapers passing on information to him from Vets on here and will give him a copy of the form you posted here if it could also help him with clothing. thank you

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and bedwetterdavid
stevieg said:
I need to get a VSO to help get my upgraded from half broke to 3/4's broke I have a back injury at l4-5 service connection with incontroll, but it's a sciatica that's been absolutely murdering me with me working my legs hurt all the damn and I have zero ratings for the ankles and the sciatica which kills me
By chance do you mean L-1 thru L-5? As the source of my problem is at the L-5 / S-1

Edgewater said:
By chance do you mean L-1 thru L-5? As the source of my problem is at the L-5 / S-1
nope 2 disks my l4-5 herniated 2 time and then the last one was at the l5/s1 that one made me incontinence and really messed my my sciatica

• Wow
bedwetterdavid said:
For those who don’t know, VSO (Veteran Service Officer) understands the VA Disability Compensation process and can help you file for a service-connected disability claim.

@paddedhiram thanks for offering man! I’m sure people here have questions.
Not a problem. Not only am I rated at 90% I'm about to turn in a claim for nerogenic bladder, secondary to PTSD. I'll let yall know how it goes. If anyone else needs help with claims let me know. My accreditation is under NACVSO. National Association of County Veterans Service Officers.

Reactions: bedwetterdavid
dondl2 said:
I have been working to help a Vet acquire MegaMax diapers passing on information to him from Vets on here and will give him a copy of the form you posted here if it could also help him with clothing. thank you
My patient advocate needs to know the information to get me the mega max. Like the numbers or which VA to contact to be able to get the sn or anything where procurement can order them. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

Reactions: Edgewater and bedwetterdavid
LittleJ3822 said:
My patient advocate needs to know the information to get me the mega max. Like the numbers or which VA to contact to be able to get the sn or anything where procurement can order them. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!
captkirk is a better source to gain information you are looking for

Last edited:
LittleJ3822 said:
This is all it shows me. Does this help?

1701702219049.png

I think they wanted like the lot number or something they can order it or find the contract. If I had the VA region or pharmacy I could get them in touch with my advocate.

LittleJ3822 said:
I think they wanted like the lot number or something they can order it or find the contract. If I had the VA region or pharmacy I could get them in touch with my advocate.
I’ll DM you

my Daddy is one, 82nd Airbourne Ranger. He doesn't like to talk about it at all. He makes him cry when he starts to think about it.

LittleCamo said:
my Daddy is one, 82nd Airbourne Ranger. He doesn't like to talk about it at all. He makes him cry when he starts to think about it.
Hug him, hold him tight and thank him!
Understand that he likely lost many friends!!

Reactions: LittleCamo
I would love this information also.

stevieg said:
I would love this information also.
Assuming you mean getting better diapers, so far this is the process:
  • You must exhaust all other options in the formulary as CptKirk explained. Let them know why the diapers you have aren’t sufficient. For me, cloth-backed diapers get loose and leak.
  • The urologist then needs to send a note to your primary care physician explaining that you have exhausted all other options and that the current products are not sufficient for your needs. Ask them to recommend the MegaMax.
  • The primary care physician supposedly can then submit the request for an “off-formulary brand”. This means they are making a special purchase for you outside of their approved products.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and LittleJ3822
Ok finally messaged the Dr to get the mega max diapers she sent the request to prosthetics so we'll see this the Puget Sound regional system here

Reactions: bedwetterdavid, cantwait and Edgewater
OK, so it appears there are a few of us that need to wear Diapers for Incontinence. Do not let the world get you down for any reason. If you need to talk say something. We all have been there and done that.

bedwetterdavid said:
Assuming you mean getting better diapers, so far this is the process:
  • You must exhaust all other options in the formulary as CptKirk explained. Let them know why the diapers you have aren’t sufficient. For me, cloth-backed diapers get loose and leak.
  • The urologist then needs to send a note to your primary care physician explaining that you have exhausted all other options and that the current products are not sufficient for your needs. Ask them to recommend the MegaMax.
  • The primary care physician supposedly can then submit the request for an “off-formulary brand”. This means they are making a special purchase for you outside of their approved products.
I am currently stepping thru the steps with my Urologist with major meeting coming in February.
Was able to determine that my local VA supplier does not work with NorthShore and I will be contacting Adam at NS to determine if there is a past problem or if it is just him doing something.
Have had several discussions with my VA primary care physician and he will do the internal paper when he gets the document from my Urologist.

As our good Capt. has stated, you just keep pushing them!

Nothing happens quickly with the VA

Edgewater said:
I am currently stepping thru the steps with my Urologist with major meeting coming in February.
Was able to determine that my local VA supplier does not work with NorthShore and I will be contacting Adam at NS to determine if there is a past problem or if it is just him doing something.
Have had several discussions with my VA primary care physician and he will do the internal paper when he gets the document from my Urologist.

As our good Capt. has stated, you just keep pushing them!

Your VA clinic may have been confused because I don’t think the VA buys directly from Northshore Care. I called North Shore about this, and they said the VA purchases their products through a medical distributor named Medlock. The interesting thing was they told me that Medlock doesn’t carry the Mega Max. But somehow, after I spoke with the veterans advocate at my hospital, she emailed my urologist and my primary care physician and within a week I had a prescription for Mega Max.

If there’s one piece of advice I can give you, it’s to go to your veterans care advocate. Mine had an office in the local VA hospital, so you may have to ask around. But this person is on staff specifically to help veterans get the care they need so they don’t get lost in the system.

Also, when I made the request I focused on the fact that I leak, and leaks are directly related to the cloth backed diapers. PE backing doesn’t stretch and got loose like the cloth backing. I believe if you can be specific about why you need them, it’s easier for a doctor to get them approved.

• Love
Very sorry for the confusion, what I meant to say was that my VA Facility's Supplier does not have a relationship with Northshore.

I have PT at my VA Facility this Friday, and I will stop by the Veterans Advocate's office to start that connection. All in all, my local VA Facility has been very helpful.

I have long ago accepted that individuals that are not IC do not understand about leaks let alone about what is required by a diaper to simply contain and retain, etc, etc.

Reactions: cantwait and bedwetterdavid
Back