How many other disabled veterans are here?

Edgewater said:
Very sorry for the confusion, what I meant to say was that my VA Facility's Supplier does not have a relationship with Northshore.

I have PT at my VA Facility this Friday, and I will stop by the Veterans Advocate's office to start that connection. All in all, my local VA Facility has been very helpful.

I have long ago accepted that individuals that are not IC do not understand about leaks let alone about what is required by a diaper to simply contain and retain, etc, etc.
Very true, they have no idea. People like to hate on the VA, but the majority of individuals there actually really want to help. I have had overall very good experiences with only a handful of negative ones. They understand it’s a bureaucracy also, and sometimes they don’t even know how to navigate it. I think the process of just being kind, clear and persistent is the best. Eventually you’ll figure out the steps that need to happen.

Reactions: Edgewater
I wish i was in the military, but being IC after 9yo at night and always have been, plus legally blind without glasses, unable to wear contact either, i was not able to join the military. wanted to fly, but would have also done IT as well, but that wanst in the cards.

Bigbabybret said:
I wish i was in the military, but being IC after 9yo at night and always have been, plus legally blind without glasses, unable to wear contact either, i was not able to join the military. wanted to fly, but would have also done IT as well, but that wanst in the cards.
Thank you for wanting to serve! That places you far and above the masses that happy could avoid serving!

Edgewater said:
Thank you for wanting to serve! That places you far and above the masses that happy could avoid serving!
Yes spent some time at the recuiters in high school. So i did end up dome quite a fe contracts over the years, PMC, mostly in IT/Security/Surveilance, in addition to large corp jobs too, got to see some the world but usually in a county going through turmoil where i did facility closing/scrubbin and setup, visted DRC,Ruwanda, S. Africa, Ukraine, and later on tried to be N. America only. Mostly govt contracts, HUD, .mil and large contractors. Some security auditing too.

Would save the overseas stuff was fun, only on some times off in indonesia, thailand, and iceland were fun.

Loved the times i had backup from the .mil, and even the 2 times with blackwater, but was on the same side. I was never going to be a gunner, i was am a computer geek that loves music. Not a rifleman, but glad they are there for sure, had my bacon saved a couple times over the decades.

• Love
Reactions: CptKirk and Edgewater
paddedhiram said:
Not a problem. Not only am I rated at 90% I'm about to turn in a claim for nerogenic bladder, secondary to PTSD. I'll let yall know how it goes. If anyone else needs help with claims let me know. My accreditation is under NACVSO. National Association of County Veterans Service Officers.
I’m in the same boat. It’s been called now neurogenic bladder now, but from “LUTS, OAB/UAB, High capacity bladder, BPH, scopes, 4 different meds, UDS, cathing, PTNS Shocked…

I’m whatever and my therapist said to start accepting reality.. I’m 38 y/o and in decent shape… the marine in me says fuck it

Fucking blows.. it’s all fun and games till it’s consistent and you spend more time analyzing your diaper if it’s noticable
Then anything else.. not bc it’s “cute” but bc it has to be discrete but strong enough etc etc..

Kids today just don’t know.

With that I’ll pass, rant ofer
S/F

• Love
Reactions: CptKirk and Edgewater
CptKirk said:
I ask as I'm trying to accomplish what a few other DV's I've spoken to who somehow managed to get the VA to cover Megamax, Northshore Supreme & Betterdry from Northshore. I've been trying to make this happen for over a year now but haven't reached the point where I can say I'm getting the same supplied to me.

To date the diapers the VA has provided me with are utterly useless and I've "donated" them to various entities and one personal friend who's Mom was able to make use of them. For some unknow reason and despite me talking to my Dr to inform her that no pull up would ever work for me, they STILL send me a case of pullups every few weeks it seems! I have to admit that at least they're Tranquility although it wouldn't matter who makes them as a pullup simply can not handle the frequency or volume my body produces. They are FAR SUPERIOR to the "no name generics" they sent me the first time.

If any other DV's see this please send me a personal message. I know there's at least a few of us on this forum.
I wouldn’t give prisoners at Guantanamo the VA diapers, especially the PU.. I feel like a freak in front of them.

Back