How long do you use each diaper for?

Antientmariner said:
How small is your waist?
Currently my waist is around 35". Obviously I can no longer wear a baby-sized diaper like I could still wear when I was a super skinny 12-14 year old. Man! Those were the days... when I could still fit into a toddler Pampers diaper!

So when I want to wear my vintage Pampers diapers I make a "me-sized" Pampers diaper by taping together three toddler sized Pampers baby diapers to form one big vintage Pampers diaper that I can wear.

You can see some photos here:

Reactions: TigerDL and Deleted member 56273
Lately I've been getting diapers with 7000+ ml capacity, then adding a 2500 ml doubler. They can last up to 16 or 18 hours, but I usually use 2 per day. When I want a really thick diaper I add a 2nd doubler, and it will last me 22 hours or so. Could last longer, but let's be realistic. I'm a big guy, so I drink more than 1 gallon per day.

I'm in diapers 24/7 and use them for intended purposes, being 100per cent UIC, partially bowel incontinent. Also, I generally wear MegaMax diapers plus northshore booster pad and plastic pants. With this, I usually can go 8 hours between diaper changes. Obviously there will always be exceptions. Like Sunday mornings I may not change for a few hours after getting up. Or a sudden messy accident, which results in a change fairly quickly. All told though, never less than three diapers per day, so that's three; sometimes however, might change after just a couple hours.

I normally get about 6 hours of capacity from each diaper. At that time, I need to change or I risk a leak. The only time I get less use from my diaper is when I mess myself. I try to change as soon as possible.

Jorelaxed said:
Hi everyone, just wondering how long does everyone leave on/ use each diaper for?.
I on average, depending on the brand, will use each one for about 6 to 8 hours on average.
I’ll wear a Abena m4 all through the night and rarely have to change till the morning. In the daytime I wear pull ups and I change my pull ups anywhere from 1 to 2 hours.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I generally wear my diaper until it's full and I'm empty haha

I don't really go by hours...I generally wear a morning, afternoon, evening, and overnight diaper. I change when I wake up, anytime after a mess, after lunch, before dinner, and before bed.

If I’m wearing my Little for Big nappies I can wet them twice before I need to change - although I always wear plastic or rubber pants too, to make sure there are no leaks.

• Love
Once the front is soaked and it starts stretching out to the point where it's uncomfortable I'll change even though the back is still dry. When I mess I'll usually change after 2 wetting. I can't stand a completely soaked diaper that's sagging to my knees and keeping me feeling wet.

As long as possible, sometimes a day and a half. If I have messed it though usually only a few hours as it starts to irritate my skin. I use high capacity diapers.

• Love
8-10 a day, plus my nighttime ATN

The length of time I wear a diaper is predicated on how wet I am and the quality/absorbency of the diaper. I have a broad range from 4 hours to 12 hours.

Antientmariner said:
Yes,

Yes, they're very expensive, but if you're making money, you should get a pack. I'm very happy with them. They're great quality. They don't crumble on the inside as others have stated, at least not with me.
How ever large do they get when full? - they must be enormous and incredibly noticeable
R

Just woke up and had a good wet. Will let you know how long I wear it for after I wake up again.

As long as possible. I'm huge fan of thick diapers. Rearz Safari with 6-8 Attends boosters make it really thick and give me a nice waddle. Plastic pants during night is a necessity, I don't change until they're full, 12-15 hours

I wear until they are just about to leak. Can be an hour or two or as long as 5 or 6 hours depending on how much I drink. Also depends on how time I have to wear as no one knows I like to wear.

Last edited:
Richard101 said:
How ever large do they get when full? - they must be enormous and incredibly noticeable
R
They hold pretty tight around my waist. The landing zone helps with sagging. They get pretty thick when full, but I don't usually go out with a diaper that's near that stage, so I say let it sag and swell all it wants. They get pretty large. I can't wait to get another pack when I'm back home. I know they're expensive, but I can afford a splurge 1 more time on those🔥

Reactions: Tigondegra
Jorelaxed said:
Hi everyone, just wondering how long does everyone leave on/ use each diaper for?.
I on average, depending on the brand, will use each one for about 6 to 8 hours on average.
I usually wear a diaper from whenever I put one on for the day till it's full, but not over capacity. So I have to make sure that I don't use it more the same day, or add in a soaker if I intend on keeping it on much longer. In any case, I wear a pair of plastic pants over the diaper to prevent leaks.

Back