How do most people respond knowing that you are DL ?

Lyric said:
My advice is too open up with the person you would like to be partner with sooner rather than later. There are too many of us who waited far too long and ended up with a failed relationship that may have ended up working had we been honest from the get go.
Yes, I had a similar issue. It's not that I waited too long. Rather, I discovered this side of myself too late. I'd already been in the relationship for like 6 or 7 years before I ever heard of ABDL. I'm lucky we didn't split up at that point to be honest. If I had to start a new relationship I'd probably be upfront about it as soon as I knew the potential partner was trustworthy.

Reactions: artemisenterri, foxypinky and Lyric
I was in my local pub a few years ago and heard some people talking at the bar. they were talking about a documentary which had been on the previous week. it was all about the abdl scene. two of the people talking thought it was illegal. one was rather understanding. and one guy just didn't understand it at all.

• Wow
Reactions: artemisenterri and foxypinky
People don’t know I’m a DL, that’s something that’s meant to be public knowledge…. Freaky social media has people thinking you talk about fetish stuff to random SMH

Reactions: Miccheck and foxypinky
fredy552 said:
My wife just yesterday said she never knows if I am wearing a diaper or not it is not obvious. It is a gradual thing for someone who is not a DL to get used to a person wearing. This morning, she noticed I was very wet from last night and drinking my morning coffee this as I was headed to the shower.
Gradual is the key word. Clobbering a newly introduced person is a huge mistake.

Reactions: Lyric and foxypinky
My wife is very protective of our community in spite of not being active. While she recognizes our need for privacy and discretion she also challenges the notion of remaining secret among friends. Her point is that AB/DL will never gain wider acceptance unless people know a “normal” person that wears. Ie, being open is a bridge to the world at large and quells the tide of freak descriptions in the mass media. She’s definitely got a point. Thus my hat goes off to all of you that share this feature about you. I guess you have to know your individual situation but you’re definitely bringing our thing to the forefront which will help over time.

Reactions: WetWallaby, dogboy, Lyric and 1 other person
artemisenterri said:
My wife knows and ridicules me for it... So I've never told anyone else who knows me personally...
That sounds familiar 😔

Reactions: foxypinky
Lyric said:
Outwardly she pretends to be supportive but I know what she really thinks in her heart-she doesn't respect me.
In hindsight, it probably would have been best for you to have keep your diaper fetish soley between you and your wife. There shouldn't have been any reason for your extended family to know about it.

Reactions: foxypinky and Lyric
When it comes to my DL side, only a few people and my parents are aware of it. However, with my little/AB side, many of my close friends are in the loop. Initially, as I began to trust those friends who knew, they sometimes picked up on cues. Eventually, I opened up to them about it, and surprisingly, they were totally fine with it. They've become so accustomed to it that I can be little around them whenever I want.

• Wow
Reactions: foxypinky, dogboy and artemisenterri
Soggy247 said:
My mother gave me the same ultimatum when i was 30. I had to move back in with her because my x had outed me and i had to move towns over night.
That's harsh...
Millie said:
When it comes to my DL side, only a few people and my parents are aware of it. However, with my little/AB side, many of my close friends are in the loop. Initially, as I began to trust those friends who knew, they sometimes picked up on cues. Eventually, I opened up to them about it, and surprisingly, they were totally fine with it. They've become so accustomed to it that I can be little around them whenever I want.
You are so lucky.

artemisenterri said:
That's harsh...

You are so lucky.
Absolutely, I've been really fortunate with my friends. I've only encountered one who was against it, but sadly, it was from a negative experience they had when they were part of the community :(

• Wow
Reactions: foxypinky and artemisenterri
4evercloth said:
In hindsight, it probably would have been best for you to have keep your diaper fetish soley between you and your wife. There shouldn't have been any reason for your extended family to know about it.
My wife was the one who told her, I wish she hadn't, but since she did, we make the best of it and at least I can be myself around her. Now a days, she more or less lives with us.

I told all my partners I've been involved with about my AB side. Their reactions varied from aggression to acceptance and even encouragement. One partner jumped on my bottles and baby stuff, trying to crash them - she struggled to accept my baby side and soon we broke up. Over the years I've learned that being honest right from the start is very important. One also, however, needs to read the situation, get our timing right, and be very careful and selective of what and how you share your baby side. My current partner encourages my baby side and although she hardly changes me, she often shows me baby stuff I might like. She knitted me cute baby jerseys and crocheted baby blankies for my bed. She regularly makes me a bedtime bottle filled with tea or something soothing. Remember, our partners love us for who we are. In every relationship, there are good and bad. It is up to us and our partners to weigh up the good with the bad and then choose to stay or leave. Yes, there are partners out there who will love us the way we are. It is up to us, whose behavior could be considered unusual, to be honest upfront from the start and take what comes with it if we are rejected, by some. But let me tell you, there are many partners out there who will love you just the way you are. I broke up with partners who loved and babied me but otherwise was not a good fit for me. I left them and am glad I did. Being an ABDL is not a deal-breaker. It is who we are. We don't harm people. In fact, being an ABDL helped me become a better and stronger person. Many, many people rely on my leadership in the adult world. Just be wise and sensitive and choose your partners carefully.

• Love
Reactions: dogboy, fredy552, Lyric and 2 others
Most of you all are in a relation ship It’s the common of ABDL and DL ?

Reactions: fredy552
Back