How do I deal with diapers in college?

FluffyCutie

Recently Diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Hi, I am Fluffy Cutie and I am going to college in January. I was wondering if anyone had any tips dealing with diapers in college?

Reactions: Diprs2
Im in collage now. Ngl its kinda shity cause its hard to be an abdl with roommates who dont know about it. I rarely get to actually be an abdl in college.
Good luck tho😐

If you're going to be living in the firms, talk to the college's disability office about accommodations for your medical issues. You may, for instance, be able to get a single dorm room so you have more privacy to deal with incontinence, and help with getting professors to be flexible about letting you leave class when you need to.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jonnythepony and BlameBaby
TripleM1 said:
Im in collage now. Ngl its kinda shity cause its hard to be an abdl with roommates who dont know about it. I rarely get to actually be an abdl in college.
Good luck tho😐
It is actually due to my medical condition, but thanks for the support.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BlameBaby
Talk to housing, explain the situation and ask for appropriate accommodations.

That may be a single, or pairing with someone with similar issues. A doctors note may be required. Depending on your School as well, of course.

I was paired with a girl who was fully incont, and it definitely made that situation a lot better.

Reactions: Diprs2, swirrll, rennecfox and 3 others
Muhdeee said:
Talk to housing, explain the situation and ask for appropriate accommodations.

That may be a single, or pairing with someone with similar issues. A doctors note may be required. Depending on your School as well, of course.

I was paired with a girl who was fully incont, and it definitely made that situation a lot better.
Fortunately, I live at home. I am mainly asking logistical questions like how to dispose of diapers properly, and what I should do if I need to lay down while changing myself.

FluffyCutie said:
Fortunately, I live at home. I am mainly asking logistical questions like how to dispose of diapers properly, and what I should do if I need to lay down while changing myself.
I'd Learn to change standing against the wall, and just go to the bathroom to change and use the trash cans.

Not much different than any other public place with the exception that colleges typically have more private bathrooms on campus than most public places

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jonnythepony
FluffyCutie said:
You should still bring up the issue with the disability office. They can let your professors know, for instance, that you might need to leave a class unexpectedly. Even if you never use the accommodations, having them avaliable can be good for your peace of mind.

Reactions: Diprs2 and FluffyCutie
Thanks, I am working with the disability office already for other disabilities.

There's lots of guide on this in youtube such as changing standing up, dealing with the odors, disposing and supplies etc you name it. It might get a little awkward at first, but you'll get the hang of it. You'll start with being very cautious and after awhile you just realize that most people dont really care. Adjusting would be hard but even if theres no accomodation, I'm sure after a year, you'll do just fine.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Stacy
The best thing I can suggest is to own it. Treat wearing, using and changing diapers as normal and mundane as possible….. like you have to wear them and have had to wear them for sometime and it is just normal.

Get some diaper disposal bags that are opaque if that makes you feel better.

Reactions: Diprs2, Stacy and Mapboy
from my experience with community college when i had to change i typically kept track of wich bathrooms are the least likely to be used and change in the handicap stall there and kept about 3-4 diapers wipes powder and disposal bags in a separate bag from my school stuff and with medical issues professors typically have to abide by your medical requirements if you live stateside

Reactions: Diprs2, Stacy and Magicalgirl101
Hi @FluffyCutie

From what you've said, you need to wear diapers for medical reasons, so I'd consider it a physical disability, but an invisible one.
Speak to the disability office to see if you can get your own room, or share with someone else who needs diapers (i.e. adult bedwetting). It's more common among young people than you'd think.

I'd also recommend using accessible restrooms - these are more private and usually have a sanitary bin to dispose of diapers and incontinence pads. Don't be afraid of using them - you have an invisible disability. Where I live in the UK, most accessible restrooms require a special key to open (RADAR Key) - not sure if you have them in the USA. If they're locked, get the key.

Beyond that, just go about your business like anyone else would - and if anyone asks about your diapers, just say it's for a medical condition - which will be a good enough answer for 95% of people.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

since i live in the United States the Americans with disabilities act basically is a federal law that says basically everywhere in the states has to be accommodating to people with disabilities and can't discriminate against them. although most places of education in the states or not will still be accommodating heck for almost 6 years i had to hide incontinence and on campus the only people who knew i wear diapers were my inner circle of friends when i had to tell my professor s i just put it as i had a medical condition that requires open access to the bathroom

@FluffyCutie herecare a couple suggestions as I had started wearinf when I was in college

1. probably the first and most important thing is to work with your school‘s office of disabilities. That way you have the infrastructure (support) in place to deal with your incontinence problem. Plus I would suggest getting a private room I had a freshman roommate from hell who would tease and bother me about my problem.
2. have one or two close friends that you confide in your secret in. My best friend in school for four years knew and kept it a secret unless he was joking with me. having that friend there allows you to feel safe and secure that someone has your back and cool with who you are as well as help you out with people that don’t understand and are closed minded.
3. Early on, scope out all of the secluded and underutilized bathrooms on campus and diaper in there. If your dorm doesn’t have have private restrooms, do not change in there. They are usually nasty and have a lot of people going in and out of them all the time.
4. In handling and supplying diapers, I would suggest locating a store that is close to campus but still far enough away that you wont risk running into anyone you know. That way people are not going to get suspicious or if you do order online, order it through something like amazon or Walmart. Both sell all major diapers at relatively affordable prices and ship in most people in college order stuff regularly from there so it would not stand out
5. Finall , for the incontinence product you chose, I would suggest wear plain ones (plain white diapers Or the pull ups that look like regular underwear) so that they dont draw as much attention to you. The last thing you want be caught in school in are an ABDL diaper that looked like something that a baby wears. I hope this helps. I wish you all the success at college.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Piotrula
Mapboy said:
@FluffyCutie herecare a couple suggestions as I had started wearinf when I was in college

1. probably the first and most important thing is to work with your school‘s office of disabilities. That way you have the infrastructure (support) in place to deal with your incontinence problem. Plus I would suggest getting a private room I had a freshman roommate from hell who would tease and bother me about my problem.
2. have one or two close friends that you confide in your secret in. My best friend in school for four years knew and kept it a secret unless he was joking with me. having that friend there allows you to feel safe and secure that someone has your back and cool with who you are as well as help you out with people that don’t understand and are closed minded.
3. Early on, scope out all of the secluded and underutilized bathrooms on campus and diaper in there. If your dorm doesn’t have have private restrooms, do not change in there. They are usually nasty and have a lot of people going in and out of them all the time.
4. In handling and supplying diapers, I would suggest locating a store that is close to campus but still far enough away that you wont risk running into anyone you know. That way people are not going to get suspicious or if you do order online, order it through something like amazon or Walmart. Both sell all major diapers at relatively affordable prices and ship in most people in college order stuff regularly from there so it would not stand out
5. Finall , for the incontinence product you chose, I would suggest wear plain ones (plain white diapers Or the pull ups that look like regular underwear) so that they dont draw as much attention to you. The last thing you want be caught in school in are an ABDL diaper that looked like something that a baby wears. I hope this helps. I wish you all the success at college.
Thank you so much for the advice.

Before I started college I let them know I was a bed wetter and was roomed with another bed wetter and we had our own private restroom attached to the room so that was helpful. Used XPmedical to send Abena M4 diapers to the dorm and tossed them out with the trash every couple of days so no big deal. I think it would have been much more difficult had I not been able to have a private bathroom connected to my dorm room so definitely let your college know.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Tidings
It's not a big deal. Really. Just be discreet.

Check in with the student health service as soon as you can, preferably even before you arrive.

You won't be alone. The nurse at student health service at my college told me that between 50 and a hundred students (of a population of 10,000) wet the bed often enough to get diapers from the health service.

When I started college, disposables were pretty much useless for me. The university had a contract with a cloth diaper service. I dropped off wet diapers in a wet bag and picked up clean diapers once a week. By the time I graduated, the health service got decent disposables. Picked up a week's supply at a time.

I changed in and out of the diapers in a shower stall. I used a canvas bag to carry stuff back and forth to the room.

I had roommates, but most of them didn't know I wet the bed.

Last edited:
When I first went to college, I brought cloth diapers with me because that was what I used at home and I thought it would be cheaper. Told my room mates that I had an issue and asked them not to make fun of me. Brought a diaper pail and plastic pants with me. After a few weeks I brought disposables and also had them delivered. My room mates covered for me. Also I checked out buildings where I had classes and made sure I had access to a bathroom with privacy if possible.

Last edited:
Back