Hip pain resulting in more accidents?

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I had some really good weeks with my bladder until my hip pain got much worse.

Of course one point is it takes longer for me to get up and moving, but still: I have got the feeling of less control and more problems when in pain at the hip.

I know there are a lot of nerves down there and the pain could simple overlay the information about bladder fullness, but does anyone heard about hip problems and incontinence? Is is just my already existing incontinence interfering or is here something that could get worse over time together with the hip itself?

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Hip and back pain can be related to disk and pelvic muscle issues, as you know so is incontinence. Hopefully, it will ease with rest and time.

Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, BigAl1 and 1 other person
That bottom of the spine is one very busy area as the vast number of nerves in that region all feed into the spine. As a result, there are vast interactions. I have noted overtime that as my lower back region pain increases my incontinences (lower level of feeling /reacting to bladder signals) decreases, which results in lower continence. I have always assumed that links existed.
Getting older sucks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Pino
My IC started after a neck injury. I have a history of spinal issues and recently had a hip replacement that has not gone entirely to plan. My IC has definitely got worse as a result of the lower back, pelvic and hip pain.

Reactions: Diprs2, Pino and Edgewater
Pino said:
I had some really good weeks with my bladder until my hip pain got much worse.

Of course one point is it takes longer for me to get up and moving, but still: I have got the feeling of less control and more problems when in pain at the hip.

I know there are a lot of nerves down there and the pain could simple overlay the information about bladder fullness, but does anyone heard about hip problems and incontinence? Is is just my already existing incontinence interfering or is here something that could get worse over time together with the hip itself?
I had an inner thigh and knee injury a couple of years ago, and I believe this led to me having a tight pelvic floor, which is a major cause of urgency incontinence for me.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Pino
cantwait said:
I had an inner thigh and knee injury a couple of years ago, and I believe this led to me having a tight pelvic floor, which is a major cause of urgency incontinence for me.
Yeah, the Orthopedist said my pain on the inside i described during examination is from a tight pelvic floor, i knew that and i am doing PT exercises for it. A tight pelvic floor often comes with OAB, but usually is not the reason but a result of it.

Reactions: Diprs2, cantwait, Edgewater and 1 other person
Back