Heavy absorbent booster pads

joshdiaper202

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Heavy absorbent booster pads
How do you make them Not leak through your diaper Then not through your pants Like when I woke up this morning I was completely soaked through and my pants were kind a wet

If the booster is taller then the leg gathers then you’ll leak right out of your diaper. I use tykables boosters in the lil rawrs diapers and have not had an issue. Now if tried to use a tykables booster in other diapers without the taller leg gathers then I would leak very quickly. Hope that helps!

Reactions: midl2006
Ehorton said:
If the booster is taller then the leg gathers then you’ll leak right out of your diaper. I use tykables boosters in the lil rawrs diapers and have not had an issue. Now if tried to use a tykables booster in other diapers without the taller leg gathers then I would leak very quickly. Hope that helps!
Do you know if Wyoming Medicaid approved this

joshdiaper202 said:
Do you know if Wyoming Medicaid approved this
Approved what? Are you asking if they carry tykables products?

Ehorton said:
Approved what? Are you asking if they carry tykables products?
Never mind

joshdiaper202 said:
Never mind
Just trying to help. Sorry if I offended you.

Ehorton said:
Just trying to help. Sorry if I offended you.
Sorry I was a jerk I’m just 24 years old and I having incontinence and It’s just I don’t like relying on diapers and I specially don’t like waking up after I go to bed and I’m completely soaked

Well,

You'll have to check with your insurance carrier about coverage of products.

But to be honest, none of them cover much, i just get what works out of pocket, and send in receipts later for reimbursement, and insurance will pay what they will for thier "preferred" brand/type...doesnt get to much back, but better than nothing...

Most insurance will cover the cheapest thing on the market...

This this is what you me be asking.

if not reply, noone is going to totally understand what you may be asking without your input...

Take it easy, and it's a change of life thing and not easy, so just be patient.

joshdiaper202 said:
Sorry I was a jerk I’m just 24 years old and I having incontinence and It’s just I don’t like relying on diapers and I specially don’t like waking up after I go to bed and I’m completely soaked

It’s all good. I totally understand where you’re coming from. I’m in my late thirties and feel the same way! Can I ask what brand of diapers you’re using ?

The first one you see are use that at bedtime
The second one I use during the day with those inserts this is all the Medicaid and Medicare approves it took forever to get that first picture approved I had explained that I have had surgery and they finally let me get them and I wasn’t able to walk after surgery

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    917.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    934.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Gotcha I think a lot of the issue is your using a flow through pad in a pull up style diaper. Most pads are designed to go in a traditional taped on diaper. In your situation I would try and get more of the attends and use those day and night with the pad. You might not have as many leaks that way. The attends will hold the pad more securely and closer to your body. I also would suggest a plastic pant or onesie to keep everything is place and reduce the sagging. That will help with the leaks too!!

Ehorton said:
Gotcha I think a lot of the issue is your using a flow through pad in a pull up style diaper. Most pads are designed to go in a traditional taped on diaper. In your situation I would try and get more of the attends and use those day and night with the pad. You might not have as many leaks that way. The attends will hold the pad more securely and closer to your body. I also would suggest a plastic pant or onesie to keep everything is place and reduce the sagging. That will help with the leaks too!!
OK so you’re suggesting I should wear the tab style diapers instead of pull-ups during the day and then at night where the pull-ups And then why do I need to wear a onesie I’m not a baby I’m just asking

josh the onesie in plain colors will help hold the diapers up in place i use them all the time and sure helps as to what your insurance will and will not cover there should be a website you can visit or go to the local office of your medicaid and talk with your case worker and or your dr that is writing the scrip for your diapers and liners

dwayne said:
josh the onesie in plain colors will help hold the diapers up in place i use them all the time and sure helps as to what your insurance will and will not cover there should be a website you can visit or go to the local office of your medicaid and talk with your case worker and or your dr that is writing the scrip for your diapers and liners
So what do I need to ask my doctor

dwayne said:
I need to know what you’re talking about if you want me to find out

Just my two cents here...a big part of this is figuring out what works for you, and you may have to try different things before you figure it out. In general, I find the best defense against leaks is to use a more absorbent product.

Personally, I have been wearing diapers for many years and have never felt like I needed a onesie to keep my diapers in place, but everybody is different. Also, I know people do use onesies to avoid diaper “peekage”.

So as @Ehorton suggested, you could try tab-style diapers with those liners, and see if that works for you. If you are still having leakage problems, I would try more absorbent diapers, but if those Attends are the best you can get, plastic pants can help a lot. The Attends in your picture are definitely not the most absorbent product out there.

Your doctor and your case worker may not be experts in incontinence products, because they do not use them day after day the way many of us do on this site. Hopefully they will understand that you need something more absorbent, but of course there are no guarantees.

Back