Has anyone stood up for an other kid who was being bullied?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I admit that most of the time I stood back and said nothing. But I did stand up for a kid in school who had a cleft lip. The kid also had speaking issues. There was some other kids and called him "hare lip, hare lip' and laughed about his speech. Obviously I had my own problems myself. When I was a kid I was called "diaper boy" from some of the other kids. But my older brother would stand up for me. That bullying day I stood up. I had to. I even got in a fight with this one bully guy. Before the fight got bad, the teacher grabbed the guy right to the office. I wish I was more helpful.

Did you ever help with a kid being bullied?

Reactions: LaLoneDigi and Edgewater
Not during my time in school, but as an adult I saw it happen in a hallway on my way to discussion I provided regarding engineering as a career. I stepped between the bully and a gal and it all shut-down quickly. A bit more than ten years later, she was teaching engineering!

Reactions: Tigressmoon22, LaLoneDigi and greatlake5
my middle and high school was generally good about people not physically bullying others in plain view. Verbally picking on other kids sure but it was more of a death by thousand cuts over time than all at once so it wasn’t as easily observable.

I got into fights in school, nothing that serious but I got bloodied up a good few times, safe to say I lost more fights than I won if we were keeping score.

In 12th grade I was walking between periods and I saw this really big kid in our grade picking up my friend by the collar of his shirt, his feet came off the ground. I dashed at him, shoulder checked my friend to the side and nailed him in the stomach as hard as I could, slammed him into the lockers and kept waiting him in the stomach hard as I could. A door behind the U section of lockers slammed and a heard teacher ran out, I backed up quick, this bully dropped to the ground and as soon as the teacher rounded the corner, I was all like “hahahaha we’re just playing around”. She looked puzzled like wtf is going on, I’m almost half this bullies size and the scene wasn’t what she expected to see. She was just like, get out of here, get to class. The bully had the most bewildered look on his face, we never spoke again and he never touched my friend after that. He surely could have beaten me to a pulp if it wasn’t for the element of surprise and the sheer amount of adrenaline coursing through me. I wasn’t thinking, just feeling this rage like I just wanted to kill him in that moment.

That was the one time I really remember clearly but I was hardly in control.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Edgewater, Tigressmoon22 and LaLoneDigi
A handful of times. I was small so I had to pick my battles carefully. I was quick witted and would generally distract with humor and logic. Only had to get physical a couple of times. I got jumped a few times after school, which caused me to make fun of them more for being such dishonorable cowards. The idea that they could only confront me in a group, when I was alone, despite me being 130 pounds was hilarious to me. I was still sad about it, but I tried to find humor where I could.

Coincidently, a former bully of mine messaged me a couple of days ago to apologize for his behavior back then. We've already been cool for over a decade, but he really wanted to be specific and detailed with his apology this time. That was really cool.

Reactions: Edgewater and Tigressmoon22
No but many times I wished I had. I still replay some of those incidents in my mind and how I idly stood by and watched. I feel horrible for not doing anything.
Unfortunately my situation in school wasn't good because I was one that was constantly bullied too. I already had a target on my back, I didn't want a bigger target so I allowed others to be bullied too.
I figured myself a coward for not standing up for others when they needed it most. I carried that with me till I entered the military. It was in the military where I became a man. I learned self discipline and how to carry myself as a man. Even in the military bullies existed. Except now I was taught how to stand confident and defend others that are too weak to defend themselves. I basically leaned not to take shit from anyone, even if it's not directed at me.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleAndAlone and Edgewater
I didn't wear diapers in school and I never really stood up for someone being bullied but I remember one incident in Junior High School this kid was being bullied but the Vice Principal was right in the area there was one special needs kid who was in the ED program who did wear diapers one day I was sitting in the commons area talking to some friends when the kid in diapers was being bullied by another kid the bully went to give him a wedgie he went to grab his underwear and came up with a handful of torn diaper there was a burst of laughter in the area and the look of shock on the bullies face was priceless and the kid in diapers ran to the nurse's office and the Vice Principal grabbed the bully by the shirt collar and walked him to the office

Reactions: Edgewater
well. i stood up to kids who got bullied, and i fondly remember in grade 4 or 5 a kid was being bullied cause someone herd that they used diapers. so i said to the bully. You must be abused and feel small at home why you bully others at school. and then i said to the kid who got bullied, Hand me a diaper ill use one so that you feel better about using one. we then became good friends after that, but after i moved from the big city to a small crap town i lost contact with her...and any valentines while i lived in the big city id save my allowance and get a nice flower, a chocolate flower and a card for her. her culture also did arranged mirages and they offered my parents to arrange a mirage when we got older but they declined. i used to call her Princess Jasmine also. and all through out elementary school id use the same diapers as her and we'd hang out i was always by her side at school. also her family was rich, her parents bought me a gameboy with pokemon cause Princess Jasmine would play pokemon on her gameboy. it was great, i wish i could remember her last name then i could've tried looking for them.

Last edited:
Yep
summer camp
one of my cabin mates was in pullups he was the smallest one in the group and a couple punks started bullying him
I stood up as a fellow bed wetter and the biggest one in the cabin. Saying would you be teasing him if he was in a wheelchair or had to use an inhaler? No!
So shut up with calling him a baby
we all grow up at different rates and could just as easily be you!
Surprisingly worked and no one said anything again. We were buds for the week then never saw him again.

Last edited:
I was bullied mildly in primary (elementary) school, nothing too serious iirc and it was never do with me wearing diapers or my poor bladder control. No one ever knew about my diaper wearing at school, thank the gods. If they did, I imagine my life would have been hell and I'd of gone through a nightmare. I had really bad ADHD as a kid and for some reason, other children always liked to deliberately provoke me into a fight or argument by calling me names, taking my stuff etc. I was really small for my age as well which didn't help (to put it into perspective, I could very comfortably (perfect fit) fit into a Pampers diaper at ages 8, 9 and 10).

In secondary school (high school) I did stand up for myself and others much more. I'll never forget this one kid in my year, I won't say his name out of respect for his privacy, he was registered blind and had high-functioning autism (he was extremely intelligent). I was in the 'additional needs' unit in my school a lot (because of my ADHD) and got to know some of the other kids who were in there 24/7 due to learning difficulties, physical disabilities and behavioural issues. The blind kid was a great guy, he was so friendly and helpful, just a kind soul. He'd never hurt a fly.

One day, at lunch (break) he was being absolutely whaled on by an older kid. This older SOB was much bigger than him (and me tbf), he was shoving him, laughing at his blindness, then he started fully punching him in the head. I had my own group of friends with me who I knew would back me up should things get out of control, so seeing this utter piece of faecal matter literally punching a blind kid who is not able to defend himself at all, it boiled my blood. I'm not a violent person and generally don't like violence, but I will defend myself and others if needed. That day though, I surprised myself. I pretty much ran into him (I was still only small even at age 13 lol, he was much bigger than I was) I full on falcon-punched him squarely in the face and broke his nose. 😅
He soon shut the hell up and limped off, cupping his very bloody nose. I also broke 3 fingers doing this and my hand hurt like hell for days after. The blind kid became a good friend after this and his bully never (to my knowledge) tried it on with him again and actually apologised days later to both him and me. I don't know why he apologised to me, he must have felt incredibly guilty for doing what he did in the first place! I hope he learned a valuable lesson that day, you don't go around punching blind people.

I don't regret my actions at all and took my punishment from the school like a champion. My parents were less than thrilled lol.

I cannot stand bullying and even now as an adult, I hate seeing people be bullied. It's a real pet-peeve of mine! 😡

• Love
Reactions: KBoy and Edgewater
This is all I want to talk about today, bullying! Yes I have stood up to them, defended people, stopped assaults, and righted wrongs. I have put a lot on the line doing it too.
I have also bullied people, and I am ashamed. It's not just not standing up for someone when you're young and scared yourself. That's okay, it happens, and often people become more confident with experience and are able to help others later in life.
When I was young people didn't like me, I couldn't understand what other people were feeling, I was being abused in my parents house and I got confused. I didn't care if anyone liked me. I have come a long way since then, and I want real friendships here. I Do want you to like me

• Wow
When I was 15 I worked at a sleep away summer camp. Was the helper to a old retired Marine who served in WW2. He thought.me how to fight like a marine. Aka dirty. First day of school I jumped my bully and beat the crap out of him. Told him their was more of that is he ever brother me or my friends again. 3 days later he and his friends tryed to.jump me. I fought them off after his "friends" ran off I may have broken a couple of his fingers...after that noone came near.me again

Back