Has anyone ever told their mother about it?

babyscotty37 said:
Yes, the anxiety for many of us is having someone discover our wearing diapers for enjoyment, or need. Both for me now.
As I've shared before, I had a lot of guilt about not sharing my ABDL desires when we got married in 1982, but I thought I was the only one in the world like this. When I finally told her, after learning I wasn't the only one by far, my life was flipped upside down and devastated for years.
The few times I have dated since 2000, after a few dates I do my best to explain my diaper wearing for incontinence, but also how I wore before to help deal with my early childhood trauma of early surgeries and bullying. It's only been three women, two remained just friends but the relationship didn't go beyond that. A lady I'm dating now knows about both aspects of why I wear diapers. If we start seriously discussing marriage again we will do a Zoom session with a sex therapist named Kimberly Resnick Anderson, whom I heard on a two-part podcast dealing with ABDL. In December I had two sessions with her on my own to help me sort some things out, and it was very beneficial. I think it would be very helpful to do this with my girlfriend if we get close to marriage so she has a full understanding of what this means to me.
So yes, trying to mitigate the anxiety we have around all this can be a difficult thing to do.
I like that you're trying to be forthcoming and self-accepting. Your measured, planned approach should go very well. Many blessings!

Lyric said:
My mother sensed sooner than I did that I had an emotional dependency on wearing diapers. I had been a nightly bedwetter until my late teens when it finally stopped. In those days, all we had were cloth diapers my mother pinned on me and plastic pants. During my teens I also started playing with myself in my diapers usually when they were wet. By the time my bedwetting was over, diapers had become a transitional object to me, not that I or my mother knew anything about this at the time. When I finally stopped wetting my bed fully, I knew I missed wearing diapers and my mother asked me if I could now go without diapers. I told her I wasn't sure and she said I could wear diapers if I wanted. That seems to take some of the pressure off me, and I was able to not wear diapers anymore, until I came home from college for the holidays the first time. Maybe because of all the pressure from finals, or something, but I knew I wanted to try wearing diapers again just for a little while. I told her how I felt and she told me it was ok with her if I wanted to try wearing diapers again. She ended up stocking my dresser with my old cloth diapers and plastic pants so I could wear them if I choose to. I ended up wearing diapers most of the time I was home with my mother permission. She was always pretty understanding about things like that and encouraged me to be open with her, which I did. I've been a DL for as long as I can remember and have continued to wear diapers and use them long after leaving home and on my own.
Too bad most parents are not like that, maybe we would have fewer messed up people in this world.

Reactions: vp39, Lyric, artemisenterri and 1 other person
Wetshisbed said:
I always suspected my mother knew I liked being a bedwetter. She certainly knew I was making no effort to become dry at night.
Whatever your secret is, I suspect mothers always know.

When I first started wearing my little sister's knickers by choice i'd sometimes find a pair 'casually' left in my bedroom. I'm sure my mother knew I liked wearing them.

• Wow
Reactions: LittleTyke, artemisenterri, PadPhilosopher and 4 others
Ali123 said:
Whatever your secret is, I suspect mothers always know.

When I first started wearing my little sister's knickers by choice i'd sometimes find a pair 'casually' left in my bedroom. I'm sure my mother knew I liked wearing them.
We spend nearly two decades living with our mothers. There is no way mothers don't know what their children are doing and going through. In most cases our mothers had their own unique experiences growing up that contributes to understanding their children.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Angelapinks, dogboy and 2 others
Ali123 said:
Oh wow! What did your wife say when your mother told her about your love of diapers?
My wife already knew I loved diapers and plastic pants.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Lyric said:
We spend nearly two decades living with our mothers. There is no way mothers don't know what their children are doing and going through. In most cases our mothers had their own unique experiences growing up that contributes to understanding their children.
I highly doubt my mother has the slightest clue about my interests with diapers or panties...

Reactions: LittleTyke and PadPhilosopher
Lyric said:
I was 40+ years old when I mentioned being bullied in school. It turned out that my mother never had any idea about this.

No, mothers don't always know everything.

Reactions: artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
Back