Guide to Plushies

i have two squishmallows! one giant Shark stuffie and a turtle stuffie. they are called Archie and Avo (because he kinda looks like an avocado). My Parents looked at me in a weird way and said that stuffies for smol babies. but i ignored that and they´ve helped me calm down a lot and comfort me

• Love
Reactions: chrischrischris
Snowfox1 said:
i have a rainbow dash plushie is that weird?:dunno:
It's not weird, it's 20% cooler 😎

Just fine the one you really like the BEST and treat it like you best friend !!

• Love
Rita said:
Just fine the one you really like the BEST and treat it like you best friend !!
Yes absolutely agree teddy for ever

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita
If you want your plushies to stay looking good, don't get them dirty or ever wash them. Some of these newer plushies have air brushed designs on the fur that will be stripped right off in the washer. You also risk breaking a lot of seams in the washer, which has happened to some of mine. Especially don't use hot water, and I wouldn't even bother with a washing machine if so, I'd just use a bath tub and some disinfectant color friendly detergent and nothing more really.

Last edited:
  • Love
Machine Washing

If the plushie is machine washable, you can wash it by putting it in a pillowcase, tying the pillowcase shut, putting it in the washing machine, and washing it on a gentle, cold-water cycle using a small amount of laundry detergent. After you’ve washed it, keep it in the pillowcase and put it in the dryer on the lowest heat level for approximately 20-25 minutes. If your plushie is still damp afterwards, put it back in the dryer for another 10-15 minutes.

Surface Washing

If the tag indicates that the plushie is surface washable, you must not put it in a washing machine or submerge it in water as doing so could damage it. Here’s an example of what improper washing can do to a plushie:
For surface washable plushies, start by filling your sink with water and adding some detergent or soap to it. Next, take a washcloth or a sponge, soak it in the water, and gently scrub your plushie’s fur with it. After you do this, use a dry towel to remove as much moisture as possible and then dry it off completely

Question about this section above.

I got my plushies through secondhand stores and they did not have cleaning instructions. I am tempted to assume everything is surface watching but was curious if I could surface wash but put in the dryer to dry off. Would that cause any issues?

Snowfox1 said:
i have a rainbow dash plushie is that weird?:dunno:
Of course not, if it’s comforting to you, and makes you happy, it’s successful for its intended purpose! Moreover, if you relate in some way to the character, it’ll likely have added therapeutic effect on your brain! :)

The old time Stuffie Bear company, Steiff has a sale going on for a $19.99 stuffie bear on their web site. That is way under their usual high prices.

I loveeee plushies, whether in little space or big space

Reactions: Littlebabymikey
Back