Goodnites Innovation 2023?

I have the blue and white leak guards. I notice the white guards seems to be more crinkling

Joediaper said:
Can one of you explain how more than one of us have received them from Amazon then?

Here again I will fall back on Goodnites putting the new L size in the L/XL packaging for a while before they updated the packaging and got the XL on shelves. It appears the only thing exclusive to Sams is the fancy packaging.
That kind of mismatch has happened a number of times over the years. They run out of the old packaging before the old product, or visa versa. I've seen both myself. They use up all the old product regardless as it's more economical regardless. Most parents don't seem to care.

GoodnitesLover8 said:
Actually, if they produce enough volume it would make a lot of sense to have dedicated production lines. They produce with dedicated lines for exclusives for Pull-Ups, Depend, and Huggies PLUS private label. And they have some of the brightest technical sciences, engineering, operations, strategists, supply chain analysts and demand planners in the world. The benefit is a tighter relationship with the retail partners which are all talking about differentiation from their competitors
Has anyone tested to see if the PLUS versions are different than the standard ones being sold in other stores? If so that could probably help put a peaceful end to this discussion.

CodyBaby said:
Yup, it wouldn't make sense to have dedicated production lines only for a store, to make both versions, they would have to double their production lines or modify them between batches, if you know how things work in theses factories, its very complicated to stop and modify the lines between batches, my guess is they will have them everywhere, just the box won't mention anything special on them for awhile, people would think they have a unique product at Sam's Club, but I guess it won't be that unique at all.

There's probably one plant somewhere that runs all the exclusive PLUS versions and the only thing they weren't running a plus version of was Goodnites, so now one of their employees is getting a bonus this year for suggesting it.

JohnQDiaper said:
Has anyone tested to see if the PLUS versions are different than the standard ones being sold in other stores? If so that could probably help put a peaceful end to this discussion.
These kinds of tests are all over YouTube. It's always more absorbency and sometimes a special print.

Last edited:
Reactions: deepdriftAD
I just bought a 9 pack of boys XL from Walmart just now made on 10/11/23. They still have the white leak guards. So I’m of the opinion that Sam’s will be the exclusive supplier for awhile. I think I’ve heard that Walmart and/or sam’s has had a special variety of pampers/Luvs in the past. As a type of privilege to having a membership.

GoodnitesLover8 said:
These kinds of tests are all over YouTube. It's always more absorbency and sometimes a special print.
And those ones have been exclusives for years now so who knows for sure, but I'd say the ones we've seen outside of Sam's Club are probably just the anomalies that comes from all the moving parts of the manufacturing process.

JohnQDiaper said:
And those ones have been exclusives for years now so who knows for sure, but I'd say the ones we've seen outside of Sam's Club are probably just the anomalies that comes from all the moving parts of the manufacturing process.
Yep. I completely agree. Either that or testing before officially launching at Sams. They certainly seem to be exclusive now although there might still be some old stock at other retailers.

Reactions: JohnQDiaper
Just received my XLs from Sam’s Club and put one on and soaked it. The fit is much better and the Goodnite stays in place now despite being full of pee. I’m not exactly sure what they did to adjust the fit, but it gets a 👍 from me.

Last edited:
The new ones also have a smoky smell to them. The white leak guard version has a sweeter smell.

Reactions: 12srepaid
DanElmontan said:
The new ones also have a smoky smell to them. The white leak guard version has a sweeter smell.
HaHa, I just did a sniff test, and I got the same impression.

DanElmontan said:
Just received my XLs from Sam’s Club and put one on and soaked it. The fit is much better and the Goodnite stays in place now despite being full of pee. I’m not exactly sure what they did to adjust the fit, but it gets a 👍 from me.
12srepaid said:
HaHa, I just did a sniff test, and I got the same impression.
What are the codes on the bags inside? If I remember correctly they still get the manufacture date and code on the bags inside the cases just like the ones on the individual packs. Also, are they boys or girls Goodnites? I think we've had every letter from A to G on the XL's so far and I'd assume they would be different.

JohnQDiaper said:
What are the codes on the bags inside? If I remember correctly they still get the manufacture date and code on the bags inside the cases just like the ones on the individual packs. Also, are they boys or girls Goodnites? I think we've had every letter from A to G on the XL's so far and I'd assume they would be different.
Mine are F on the pants with a production date of 8/16/23 and a F16829615 code on the bags.

20231027_173812.jpg

Just bought a couple of packs of girls GoodNites, and they are still the white leakguard type. Date on both bags are 2023-09-20, lot P03263, code F16829615; pants are GN6H. I've attached pics of the bags for evidence.

Attachments

• IMG_1481.JPG
    IMG_1481.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1482.JPG
    IMG_1482.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
CommanderCrayfish said:
Just bought a couple of packs of girls GoodNites, and they are still the white leakguard type. Date on both bags are 2023-09-20, lot P03263, code F16829615; pants are GN6H. I've attached pics of the bags for evidence.
I'm not surprised since Kimberly-Clark is advertising the "new and improved" Goodnites as Samsclub exclusives. They even say "**compared to previous Goodnites"

Reactions: 12srepaid
GoodnitesLover8 said:
I'm not surprised since Kimberly-Clark is advertising the "new and improved" Goodnites as Samsclub exclusives. They even say "**compared to previous Goodnites"

I really wish they'd partner with Costco to release GoodNites Plus as a Costco exclusive then...because no Sam's Club in Canada :(

Also, in other news, I saw this page on Huggies' website comparing all of K-C's product lines (except Depend) and they actually mention GoodNites as being for not only clothing size 3-20, but also for ages 3-20.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Reactions: Albertapampers
Does the “new and improved” label appear on the packaging or are there any other hints on the packaging? I want to keep an eye out for if/when they appear in other stores.

Cribbin said:
Ordered a box from Sam's to see if the new and improved have much of a difference vs. current. Hope so
New XL arrived, worn over night and they seem to be tighter around the front i.e. they don't droop or fall down as easily. Do not seem to be much different versus the older other than that. 😢

BTW if you aren't a Sam's Club member you can get a free trial or sign up then cancel. There are also some discounts/gift cards you can get when signing up sometimes. SlickDeals should have more info.

Also Sam's Club never carried the XL when they came out. I waited months but they never had them in stores.

Last edited:
On another note, I am interested in the idea of them not sliding down as much because that is an issue I’ve had. Even have to wear regular undies over them to keep them up.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: curiouslittle1, MiddleJacob and JohnQDiaper
JohnQDiaper said:
Oops. Meant on the pant not the bag. My mistake. Although two of you still mentioned the code on the pant. Seeing those in addition to what's been mentioned previously I feel like that letter in the code on the pant doesn't mean anything we can make heads or tails of. . .

DanElmontan said:
Mine are F on the pants with a production date of 8/16/23 and a F16829615 code on the bags.

12srepaid said:

CommanderCrayfish said:

All three of you have F16829615, which is also on the bags in the case of Goodnites I have from last year, as well as a case of Pull-Ups from last year, so that number probably isn't really relevant for our purposes here. Also, I finally looked closer at the lot numbers and realized the lot numbers are just the Julian date for the manufacture date on the pack so they're just redundant information :/

Back