Goodnites Innovation 2023?

And EU people still waiting for XL sizes :(

• Sad
Reactions: Fiammaverde, Deleted member 74558, TigerDL and 2 others
thegamer408 said:
This is somewhat unrelated to the new GoodNites, but I wonder if GoodNites still contain urine deodorizer? It seems like lately when I wet one, it stinks of pee almost immediately.

Another thing I noticed in that regard was I found some GoodNites from 2015 in a store recently and bought them, they had a distinctive smell from the deodorizer I haven't smelled in a long time. It was nostalgic in a way, but it makes me wonder if they don't contain deodorizer for urine anymore because I haven't smelled that scent in a long time.
They still have odor neutralizing chemicals.

BengieG said:
im sure you know. The size indicates underwear size and not AGE.. i am 5'11 165 lbs 32 waist. I bedwet and they are good for 1 full void. I feel they perform as advertised.
It was already noted earlier in this thread, that while the marketing originally was using clothing sizes, more recently, they updated it to say years, instead of size, and indeed, it said 14-20 years for XL. Now, it looks like they've since gone back to using clothing sizes, but...someone over at KC is certainly thinking about years, and I'm reasonably sure their sizing actually matches up with years, not just clothing sizes. The person you were replying to used CDC height for weight charts... There are also weight for age and height for age charts, but I forget what age those cut off at.

thegamer408 said:
This is somewhat unrelated to the new GoodNites, but I wonder if GoodNites still contain urine deodorizer? It seems like lately when I wet one, it stinks of pee almost immediately.

Another thing I noticed in that regard was I found some GoodNites from 2015 in a store recently and bought them, they had a distinctive smell from the deodorizer I haven't smelled in a long time. It was nostalgic in a way, but it makes me wonder if they don't contain deodorizer for urine anymore because I haven't smelled that scent in a long time.
I thought the same thing about odor control lacking in my recent pack. But then I realized that I had very dark urine each time I noticed it. Which seems to make it have a stronger smell and harder to mask with odor control.

I12BLittle89 said:
I thought the same thing about odor control lacking in my recent pack. But then I realized that I had very dark urine each time I noticed it. Which seems to make it have a stronger smell and harder to mask with odor control.
Dark smelly urine? That's not good? Are you drinking any water? You may want to highly drinking more water! :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty cool that we're very close to the 1,000 post of this thread. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and I12BLittle89
12srepaid said:
Dark smelly urine? That's not good? Are you drinking any water? You may want to highly drinking more water! :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty cool that we're very close to the 1,000 post of this thread. :)
Yeah I wasn’t drinking as much water now that the weather has cooled. I’ve stepped up my water intake.

Reactions: 12srepaid
I12BLittle89 said:
Yeah I wasn’t drinking as much water now that the weather has cooled. I’ve stepped up my water intake.
But don't overdrink, people can be killed by drinking too much, I try to drink a 16oz bottle every 2-3 hrs, when its cold outside and you're not doing physical activity, sometimes I skip one, its not dangerous that much.

CodyBaby said:
But don't overdrink, people can be killed by drinking too much, I try to drink a 16oz bottle every 2-3 hrs, when its cold outside and you're not doing physical activity, sometimes I skip one, its not dangerous that much.
I agree, and No, I'm not a health nut by any means. :)

DanElmontan said:
I’m anticipating that we will see new prints across all sizes in spring of 2024, when the existing designs will have reached their 3 year anniversary.
While it's not new prints, I have noticed a few things from the girls XL Goodnites I have from my nearest Walgreens here in central Indiana, and one of those things is related: They are a new batch (GN6G, MFG date 7-21-2023) with a darker background print that extends further from the sides & what seems like a snugger feel around the leg cuffs in addition to the pant feeling a little wider kind of like the improvements seen by folks here who have the ones from Sam's Club. Can anyone with girls XLs made in Late July or after with the code GN6G or later letters in the alphabet confirm this?

Attachments

• 20231013_113632.jpg
    20231013_113632.jpg
    920.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 20231013_113652.jpg
    20231013_113652.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
  • 20231013_113842.jpg
    20231013_113842.jpg
    995 KB · Views: 74
IMG_3484.jpegI picked up a pack of Girls XL GoodNites today to see if they had the blue leak guards that others have mentioned since the manufacturing date on this was showing “09-20-2023”.
This was picked up during my run to Walmart
They still only had the white bands but I did notice when putting the away with the other of my stash.
These are slightly longer than a previous batch of GoofNites I already had. Not by much but it is noticeable. The previous batch I believe I think had a manufacturing date from August (I think).
Needless to say I was surprised and glad to see that.
Attached are pics of the date on the pack and a comparison between the two.
*note: I did not take any measurements so I am unable to provide exact details on the length increase. Unless this was mentioned on a previous page in this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_3485.jpeg
    IMG_3485.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
The Boys XL I bought a week ago were produced on 9-10-23 and have a GN6B on them, which seems out of sequence, unless the B and G now stand for “boy” and “girl”.

Last edited:
formerbw said:
While it's not new prints, I have noticed a few things from the girls XL Goodnites I have from my nearest Walgreens here in central Indiana, and one of those things is related: They are a new batch (GN6G, MFG date 7-21-2023) with a darker background print that extends further from the sides & what seems like a snugger feel around the leg cuffs in addition to the pant feeling a little wider kind of like the improvements seen by folks here who have the ones from Sam's Club. Can anyone with girls XLs made in Late July or after with the code GN6G or later letters in the alphabet confirm this?
I saw the difference in the girls' XL print as well going from a manufacture date of Dec 19th (GN6A) to Aug 21st (GN6E)

thegamer408 said:

I completely agree, I have noticed that in the morning whenever I lift the covers up or move around I can instantly tell that I smell like pee. My significant other has never complained, but she does say that our trash has an odor or needs to be taken out when we’re not really even halfway through the week. Makes me feel bad when I didn’t used to notice the smell much at all.

I hope that these improvements will greatly benefit the intended audience.
Goodnites now needs to work on the waist/hips area so that they'll stay up.

Last edited:
12srepaid said:
I hope that these improvements will greatly benefit the intended audience.
Goodnites now needs to work on the waist/hips area so that they'll stay up.
It appears that might be on it's way if my experience with the Goodnites I have currently is any indication. It seems these have a better hold on my waist than the previous ones (which had GN6F printed on them & were also girls XLs).

formerbw said:
It appears that might be on it's way if my experience with the Goodnites I have currently is any indication. It seems these have a better hold on my waist than the previous ones (which had GN6F printed on them & were also girls XLs).
I agree, they hold on better than the previous version, but I still would like to see improvements in this area.

I'm wondering if only the Sam's Club version has the labels on the box, but they're also at other stores without the special labeling.
(Quicksorb Protection and Gap Free Fit)

• Thinking
Reactions: TigerDL and DanElmontan
12srepaid said:
I agree, they hold on better than the previous version, but I still would like to see improvements in this area.

I'm wondering if only the Sam's Club version has the labels on the box, but they're also at other stores without the special labeling.
(Quicksorb Protection and Gap Free Fit)
It wouldn’t surprise me. It would seem to be very inefficient and costly for Kimberly Clark to designate a production run just for Sam’s Club.

winnerchickendinner said:
Quicksorb this and gap-free that... all I wanted was new cuter XL designs. I don't wear Goodnites for the absorbency. Gimme back the skater boys! And the owls!
I'd prefer a new XXL with the OG pull-ups prints with multi color trains and firetrucks and rockets. 😁

Reactions: Deleted member 74558
I fell in love with the skateboard goodnites. I still have one left. IMG_3845.jpg

Reactions: Dashsanta, Deleted member 58241, Deleted member 74558 and 2 others
DanElmontan said:
It wouldn’t surprise me. It would seem to be very inefficient and costly for Kimberly Clark to designate a production run just for Sam’s Club.
But it would be VERY risky from a legal perspective to advertise "only at SamsClub" plastered all over the website.........

Back