Going #2 in your sleep

princessarya

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I woke up about an hour ago with a bad smell and at first figured I had some bad gas. However I quickly realized this was more than that. I went #2 in my sleep. Now I do sleep on my side so it wasn't as difficult of a clean up as it could have been.

I've mentioned before how I've woken up while my body was pushing put #2 and I guess I shoulda figured this was the next logical step. It's just still shocking to wake up to it.

For those who do.this, how do you handle it? Is there a way? I mean I've gotten used to bedwetting but this is different

princessarya said:
I woke up about an hour ago with a bad smell and at first figured I had some bad gas. However I quickly realized this was more than that. I went #2 in my sleep. Now I do sleep on my side so it wasn't as difficult of a clean up as it could have been.

I've mentioned before how I've woken up while my body was pushing put #2 and I guess I shoulda figured this was the next logical step. It's just still shocking to wake up to it.

For those who do.this, how do you handle it? Is there a way? I mean I've gotten used to bedwetting but this is different
So sorry for your surprise ❤️

Reactions: princessarya
I pee and poop in my sleep on a regular basis. It is just a part of being incontinent.

I am sorry that happened to you. I have this issue occasionally as I am fecal incontinent. How I handle this is, I usually get up right away, change out of the dirty diaper, clean myself up fairly good, diaper myself, put on clean clothes and then try to fall back to sleep. If I can't, I put on an airport feed from London Heathrow without any narration and I am back to sleep in no time

princessarya said:

I am sorry this has happened to you because it is very unpleasant to wake up to. My best advise is to not panic and if the bowel incontinence keeps happening let your doctor know. I would also use a diaper rash medication when you go to bed as being in a wet or dirty diaper for to long can cause a serious rash to form. Clean up is usually easy as I remove the diaper and after a little clean up with a wipe I just jump into the shower to make sure I am as clean as possible...at least for a little while. My best advice is try eating your bigger meals earlier in the day and hopefully you can have your bowel movement before you go to bed.

I am sorry you are experiencing this. I know how difficult it is. It happens to me 2-3 times per week. It is definitely shocking the first few times it happens. I still remember the panic I felt as I became aware of what happened and how overwhelmed I felt as I opened my diaper. I grew to accept the realities of my condition but it is not enjoyable.

In terms of management, I always change as soon as I realize there is a mess in my pants. I have learned to cover myself with a barrier cream before bed as I may not wake up for a couple hours despite the accident. Bowel accidents are definitely more traumatic that wetting because they tend to be noticeable to others and are much harder to clean up but you do adjust with time and practice.

Reactions: DinoFrant
It´s happened to me many times -the most recent being last night- and, like others, I used to feel quite distressed the first occasions it happened, but that´s what the diaper is for anyway. I don´t mind the cleanup as long as my diaper contains everything inside, since I just take my morning shower a bit earlier and tape up a fresh diapee immediately afterwards.

Unfortunately, I´ve had a handful of blow outs in bed which are not nice at all... but it´s not the end of the world either since I just toss everything in the washing machine and it´s all back to normal. Also it helps that I sleep alone, so nobody else is bothered.

Perhaps the worst part is the smell because I never know how long it´s been since I pooped myself when I wake up in the morning, but then again, everything goes back to normal after my shower and a short washing cycle for smelly pjs, if necessary.

Don´t feel low about accidents; they´re part of life!

princessarya said:
I went #2 in my sleep.

For those who do.this, how do you handle it? Is there a way?
Being IC, at least for me, having a BM while sleeping isn't traumatic. During the day? Sometimes depending where it happens. I have BM's when sleeping almost every night (~5 nights). When I get up in the morning with a load in my diaper, I don't clean-up right away. Mostly because I typically have another one during my morning routine. Then I go to the bathroom, remove the dirty diaper, a few wipes, use my bidet and finally jump into the shower.

It's helpful to use internal deodorants to limit odor (chlorophyll). I always wear plastic pants. Of course I use zinc oxide paste (skin protection). I also wear a quality diaper (plastic backed Abena) and a disposable booster (NS Etenadry contour 2XL 27" x 10.5") that contains the BM. I use psyllium husk (Metamucil) that limits the BM smear. It might be fairly large but it contains my diaper.

You identify yourself as an AB / little. Not IC. I'm sure anyone can have an accident. I would suggest to visit your physician to find out what and why you experienced. Especially if it's occurring several time.

Back