Glad to stop talking to my parents

Maromi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
It's been almost 4 month since I bought my own sim card and blocked my mom from texting me.

I can just think of so many times I got screwed over by her. I remember one time she said she was gonna report my landlord for how my apartment complex looked.

As for my dad, well we talk sometimes but it's definitely money related. He kept me off the streets unlike my mother. But at the same time I think of all the things that lead up to me starting to self harm because of him. Like one of my old buddies had a wall of knives and he was one of my best friends, and then I got forced to move during my parents divorce... And for some reason my dad stashed a bunch of knives in a cabinet one day and bags of coke.

It's nice just to say screw it to both in general. My grandma died and since they got mean and old, I didn't attend their funeral.
All I can concentrate on now is my job. Making big money. I'll have worked my current job a year in September. I'm close to not learning anything more though at this rate. But man I get almost a month of PTO and nothing beats that.

If you are wondering why I posted this just because I wanted to say it is all I'm not a internet cop or anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledreamers333
You sound to me like you’ve been through a lot and I think you should be proud to be still around. You’re a tough cookie and I hope AB/DL is one of many lights you have in your life.

I suffered multiple kinds abuse at the hands of my parents and when my wife and I had kids, we laid down the law and said ‘sayonara’. I friend of mine has done the same after being deeply taken advantage of, and his parents are very clean-shirt upper-income type people. It comes in all sizes. And you if you’re trying to make your life better, then you !aren’t! the crazy one.

I hope you’re doing okay, and if you ever need anyone talk to, feel free to message me.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce
Back