Gerber Toddler Vinyl Baby Pants 31+ lbs and over were the best!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark28277

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Nothing compares to these especially the 1980’s version. The 90’s and early 2000’s were good as well. I have tried purchasing plastic pants comparable to the Gerber Toddler version and nothing even comes close. I purchased many adult and youth ones(Fetware) and the sizing is always off or the plastic just smells horrible. I was 6’1 145 pounds back in the early/late 90’s(teen years) and I am still 6’1 145 pounds today. The Gerber’s were a perfect fit on me. The pants fit me like a charm. Measurements on the Gerber Toddler pants were 16 inches on the waist(32 inches), leg holes were 9 inches(18 inches), the rise was 22 inches and the side of the pant was 5.5 inches. The plastic had a great smell and was super soft and stretchy. I just wear the plastic pants only and with my frame they fit me so well. Why can’t anyone make these anymore? I am glad that I have a few packs of them in my closet to relive the memories.

Reactions: Floodingpants, michaelmc, Angelapinks and 2 others
There were adult sized ones for a time. Gerber eventually sold that division to a private group called VIP. They were essentially the same as baby pants were. Stretchy textured plastic and a white grey sort of color to them. They actually were available right up to the early 2000s. I have quite a drawer full of large adult ones which do bring me back to being a child and wearing them over a diaper. A lot of them are getting old and some are worn. I try to repair and save some because they are no longer made. Its true so many Adult diaper companies do sell plastic pants but none are like those old Gerbers. Probably will never really see any type replicas at this point unfortunately. Its been about 20 years since Ive seen any new ones. I wish I could get new ones to replace my old pairs. So I try keeping the ones I have in decent shape.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Zeke
I was still wearing Gerber toddler large and Curity diapers in my early 30's. That was in the 70's. They fit great until I gained weight. I never grew out of my bedwetting diapers wearing teens and still wear cloth diapers and rubber pants, but miss the old Gerber's and Curity combo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks, babyscotty37 and Zeke
Yes; the Gerber toddler size plastic pants were my first adult plastic pants to go over my baby cloth diapers. At one time you could buy both almost anywhere. Now, you never see them in stores. Even my grocery store would carry them and then one day, the were gone forever.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Lyric, MikeDJ and 1 other person
dogboy said:
Yes; the Gerber toddler size plastic pants were my first adult plastic pants to go over my baby cloth diapers. At one time you could buy both almost anywhere. Now, you never see them in stores. Even my grocery store would carry them and then one day, the were gone forever.
Yes its true they were available almost anywhere there was a baby section. The supermarkets had a section and there were packs there. Toys r Us had a nice section of them. You never see plastic pants in stores anymore not any. Its been said Pvc vinyl is not safe to use anymore. Its may be true but the funny thing is they were available in stores since the 50s right up to the 2000s So after almost 60 years then its deemed they are now unsafe to wear after all that time? Seems odd after all those decades.

Reactions: Angelapinks and dogboy
I wore those toddler Gerbers when I was 3-4 years old.

Reactions: Angelapinks
When our daughter's children were very young, my wife and I would go to Toys 'R Us to get some toys for them when we'd visit. One time I asked my wife if we could go to the diaper section because I wanted to see and cloth baby diapers and the Gerber plastic pants. She was very obliging and it was so exciting for me to be doing that with my wife. I suppose I'll never forget the experience. Now there's no more Gerber plastic pants in stores and sadly, no more Toys 'R Us!

Reactions: Angelapinks
dogboy said:
When our daughter's children were very young, my wife and I would go to Toys 'R Us to get some toys for them when we'd visit. One time I asked my wife if we could go to the diaper section because I wanted to see and cloth baby diapers and the Gerber plastic pants. She was very obliging and it was so exciting for me to be doing that with my wife. I suppose I'll never forget the experience. Now there's no more Gerber plastic pants in stores and sadly, no more Toys 'R Us!
I worked at Toys R Us as a teen around 1990.Iremember the diaper aisle and baby aisles. I remember the baby diaper scent all over the aisle and loads of big thick bags of thick plastic diapers. Of course there was the baby pants section and yes there were packs of Gerbers! It was crazy because I actually once asked my manager if I could take home some of the Gerber pants packs that were ripped open or damaged. I figured since they were dead stock. He looked at me like I had two heads and said no they must be shipped back as dead stock. I figured in my head it was worth a try asking!

MikeDJ said:
I worked at Toys R Us as a teen around 1990.Iremember the diaper aisle and baby aisles. I remember the baby diaper scent all over the aisle and loads of big thick bags of thick plastic diapers. Of course there was the baby pants section and yes there were packs of Gerbers! It was crazy because I actually once asked my manager if I could take home some of the Gerber pants packs that were ripped open or damaged. I figured since they were dead stock. He looked at me like I had two heads and said no they must be shipped back as dead stock. I figured in my head it was worth a try asking!
Yes, I also remember that diaper scent at Toys r us. It was amazing. I also remember the baby section quite well. All the strollers, high chairs, etc… waiting to be sold. This was early to mid 90’s. I actually got my first pack of Gerber Toddler plastic pants back in 1995 from Toys r us. It was a 6 pack in blue and white plastic packaging but they were a dud. The plastic actually started to tear the first time I wore them. It actually seemed that the quality improved a little as time went on from the mid 90’s till about 2005 but nothing compares to that of the 1980’s version which is the oldest plastic pants that I have worn. I would so love to try toddler plastic pants on from the 60’s-70’s version. Oh does anyone know of any other plastic pants that compared to the Gerber Toddler size as in sizing and comfort?

Reactions: Lyric
Gary/Leakmaster makes some pale white plastic pants that are similar to the Gerber plastic pants.

mark28277 said:
Nothing compares to these especially the 1980’s version. The 90’s and early 2000’s were good as well. I have tried purchasing plastic pants comparable to the Gerber Toddler version and nothing even comes close. I purchased many adult and youth ones(Fetware) and the sizing is always off or the plastic just smells horrible. I was 6’1 145 pounds back in the early/late 90’s(teen years) and I am still 6’1 145 pounds today. The Gerber’s were a perfect fit on me. The pants fit me like a charm. Measurements on the Gerber Toddler pants were 16 inches on the waist(32 inches), leg holes were 9 inches(18 inches), the rise was 22 inches and the side of the pant was 5.5 inches. The plastic had a great smell and was super soft and stretchy. I just wear the plastic pants only and with my frame they fit me so well. Why can’t anyone make these anymore? I am glad that I have a few packs of them in my closet to relive the memories.
Sweeet! :love:

MikeDJ said:
Yes its true they were available almost anywhere there was a baby section. The supermarkets had a section and there were packs there. Toys r Us had a nice section of them. You never see plastic pants in stores anymore not any. Its been said Pvc vinyl is not safe to use anymore. Its may be true but the funny thing is they were available in stores since the 50s right up to the 2000s So after almost 60 years then its deemed they are now unsafe to wear after all that time? Seems odd after all those decades.
michaelmc said:
Thank the EPA

I couldn't find anything about baby plastic pants being unsafe though maybe that was the case. I think more likely is that parents no longer used cloth diapers on their toddlers but rather, disposables. Our children were born in the late '70s and we used disposables because they were so much easier even though we could barely afford them.

Wholio said:
Thank the EPA
And so goes the same for baby powder! Thank the Courts.

Last edited:
MikeDJ said:
So after almost 60 years then its deemed they are now unsafe to wear after all that time? Seems odd after all those decades.
That's bullshit. The people who say that are the same ones who scream about anything that contains chlorine in spite of the fact that our blood contains as much sodium chloride as seawater. All the clear plastic tubing used in hospitals is plasticized pvc. So are most inflatable water toys...to say nothing about all the vinyl plastic pants and other plastic garments that are sold all over the internet.

vp39 said:
That's bullshit. The people who say that are the same ones who scream about anything that contains chlorine in spite of the fact that our blood contains as much sodium chloride as seawater. All the clear plastic tubing used in hospitals is plasticized pvc. So are most inflatable water toys...to say nothing about all the vinyl plastic pants and other plastic garments that are sold all over the internet.
Yes its interesting because you use and purchase so many plastic items. Yes theres a big market for plastic fetish items and plastic wear. You dont see any plastic pants though sold in any stores at all . I remember seeing them almost everywhere back in the 70s and 80s when I was a child. Supermarkets even had them in their small baby sections. I even remember going on vacation up in the country as a child and seeing a rack of them in most variety stores. Lots of Gerber ones too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back