Friends BBQ Roadtrip & Bedwetting

DL1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hey everyone, my friends all decided we needed to do a BBQ roadtrip from FL to Texas next month. Thankfully I talked them out of the four of us bunking up in shared hotel rooms (my worst fear realized so I just said I snore badly and nobody would want that) so we are getting Airbnbs instead. Any advice on keeping my bedwetting a secret would be helpful.

I’m fairly solid on keeping it from family as I just use grocery bags and every few days go to a gas station for disposal. The nights we only stay one day is easy I can just leave the diaper in the trash and we all leave however the multi night stays I’m unsure of the plan as I will be sharing a car with everyone so can’t just leave and dispose of them.

Does anyone have experience with the NorthShore diaper disposal bags and if they work well enough that I could keep a wet diaper in one and it not smell for 24 hours till we leave the Airbnb?

Thank you in advance and Happy Holidays!

Oh fun. BBQ Roas trip! I live in Texas and would love to do a tour. Especially Franklin’s BBQ.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
DL1989 said:
Does anyone have experience with the NorthShore diaper disposal bags and if they work well enough that I could keep a wet diaper in one and it not smell for 24 hours till we leave the Airbnb?
A wet diaper won't be too bad for 24 hours in a disposal bag or double bagged in grocery bags. Leave a tip for your AirBnB hosts.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and DL1989
What part of texas are you going to

BOS disposal bags work great and are unscented, so don't introduce another oder that you may have to explain.
https://www.amazon.com/BOS-Disposable-Sanitary-Disposal-Unscented/dp/B06Y2XMS1K/

Carry a backpack with a jacket, sweater, whatever, and valuables. When necessary, throw the disposal bag with a used diaper into your backpack, and then throw it in the AirBnB trash can outside. No one is going to dig through the trash to find out what you tossed. Or toss the diaper while out and about. All it takes is 3 seconds alone to get rid of the smoking gun!

Reactions: cantwait and DL1989
A BBQ roadtrip? So a car road trip from Florida to Texas looking for barbecues or how do I understand?
Telling them about your health issues could make things a lot easier, that goes for your family as well.
Otherwise just double bag them in any bag and leave it in your room till you leave.
I just googled map it and it's about 1400 miles from Florida to Texas and about 20 hours. How is the weather going to be next month doing that traveling? Hope you have fun!!!

I agree with the Bos brand, how ever check out the Bos cat litter bags as I think they are a better buy

Reactions: DL1989
as someone from Florida myself: step one: get a diaper discrete and won’t sweat. (This is a trouble where we live) yes it means possibly wearing something thinner for travel but this is helpful. I’ve worn bunnyhopps at hotels before and it is NOT easy explaining why you have a large black garbage bag that is heavier than it probably should be. Wearing something thinner allows you to wrap the diaper quick and to hide it in a plastic Publix bag or something or throw it away when your done eating or stealth throwing it away after a shower without alerting others. If you are brave enough (for hotels) throw it in a garbage elsewhere such as a hallway trash can by the elevator still keeping care to leave it in a bag and throwaway with other garbage not to arouse suspicion or smells. Respect is key comfort later. Stealth means making a few sacrifices when you have to do a quick throw away in the dumpster at an Airbnb (throwing away your own garbage to be respectful and not drawing attention to your nervousness on the garbage, a simple pad might also be helpful if you do your own laundry but certainly not a fix all. You can also use if quick , a smell proof bag and keep it in your suitcase to dispose later if very fast or if you go to a gas station to have other garbage in a bag and take that garbage out to throw away secretly collecting car garbage and your bag, to toss

jamiejamie said:
Oh fun. BBQ Roas trip! I live in Texas and would love to do a tour. Especially Franklin’s BBQ.
Yeah, going to be a great trip with many stops along the way from FL before spending a couple days in each in a few different Texas cities.

• Love
Reactions: jamiejamie
Babybear2006 said:
What part of texas are you going to
Austin, Houston, Dallas.

CheshireCat said:
BOS disposal bags work great and are unscented, so don't introduce another oder that you may have to explain.
https://www.amazon.com/BOS-Disposable-Sanitary-Disposal-Unscented/dp/B06Y2XMS1K/

Carry a backpack with a jacket, sweater, whatever, and valuables. When necessary, throw the disposal bag with a used diaper into your backpack, and then throw it in the AirBnB trash can outside. No one is going to dig through the trash to find out what you tossed. Or toss the diaper while out and about. All it takes is 3 seconds alone to get rid of the smoking gun!
Ordered the bags above size large so it’s not noticeable for 24 hours. Great product recommendation, thank you.

Reactions: CheshireCat
Jinks said:
A BBQ roadtrip? So a car road trip from Florida to Texas looking for barbecues or how do I understand?
Telling them about your health issues could make things a lot easier, that goes for your family as well.
Otherwise just double bag them in any bag and leave it in your room till you leave.
I just googled map it and it's about 1400 miles from Florida to Texas and about 20 hours. How is the weather going to be next month doing that traveling? Hope you have fun!!!
Yeah, three day drive from FL to TX visiting BBQ places then a couple nights each in three TX cities. Never been to TX even for a layover which is weird as I have been to Croatia before TX. 😂

I like to keep this one to myself and my GF for example. Bedwetting was kinda an issue when I was a kid and my step mom still makes little jokes every now and then. Even with two of the three kids in our 30s.

Ordered some BOS bags as recommended instead of the NorthShore bags. We will see how those work.

We are stopping along the trip to break it up and try different BBQ.

Weather should be decent, thanks!

dondl2 said:
I agree with the Bos brand, how ever check out the Bos cat litter bags as I think they are a better buy
Does the BOS cat litter bags come large enough for a MegaMax?

GlitterTheMouse said:
as someone from Florida myself: step one: get a diaper discrete and won’t sweat. (This is a trouble where we live) yes it means possibly wearing something thinner for travel but this is helpful. I’ve worn bunnyhopps at hotels before and it is NOT easy explaining why you have a large black garbage bag that is heavier than it probably should be. Wearing something thinner allows you to wrap the diaper quick and to hide it in a plastic Publix bag or something or throw it away when your done eating or stealth throwing it away after a shower without alerting others. If you are brave enough (for hotels) throw it in a garbage elsewhere such as a hallway trash can by the elevator still keeping care to leave it in a bag and throwaway with other garbage not to arouse suspicion or smells. Respect is key comfort later. Stealth means making a few sacrifices when you have to do a quick throw away in the dumpster at an Airbnb (throwing away your own garbage to be respectful and not drawing attention to your nervousness on the garbage, a simple pad might also be helpful if you do your own laundry but certainly not a fix all. You can also use if quick , a smell proof bag and keep it in your suitcase to dispose later if very fast or if you go to a gas station to have other garbage in a bag and take that garbage out to throw away secretly collecting car garbage and your bag, to toss
I don’t need a full diaper during the day so my normal overnight diaper will be fine at night. I’m going to try the BOS bags recommended and just a normal medical MegaMax so no fear of an ABDL diaper.

Reactions: Deleted member 77157
Hope you try Rudy's BBQ when your in Texas, people here in the northeast have no clue about how BBQ is in Texas

Reactions: Jorelaxed
chamberpot said:
Hope you try Rudy's BBQ when your in Texas, people here in the northeast have no clue about how BBQ is in Texas
No. Do not try Rudy’s BBQ. It’s a chain of bbq restaurants like Spring Creek BBQ.

I recommend those BBQ joints in Texas:
Burnt Beans BBQ, Seguin, TX

Snow’s BBQ, Lexington, TX

Franklin BBQ, Austin, TX

Truth BBQ, Houston, TX

The Salt Lick BBQ, Driftwood, TX

jamiejamie said:
No. Do not try Rudy’s BBQ. It’s a chain of bbq restaurants like Spring Creek BBQ.
Leon springs location is plenty good of course this was years ago before they chained out so maybe they have changed

Reactions: DL1989 and jamiejamie
chamberpot said:
Leon springs location is plenty good of course this was years ago before they chained out so maybe they have changed
Oh okay. They made a scene in my town, Houston about 10 years ago. They’re not bad if you’re just wanting to go someplace nearby for a quick meal. There’s over 10 locations in Houston alone. lol.

DL1989 said:
Does the BOS cat litter bags come large enough for a MegaMax?
yes, they are a better buy for the number of bags (medium) I use them for adult size diaper with doubler. better fit than the small.

Back