Finding myself increasingly drawn towards the AB side

NovaDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Apologies in advance: I'm drunk. I started out as primarily DL, but I find myself increasingly drawn towards the AB side. I'm autistic, and find adult life increasingly challenging. I'd honestly give anything to go back to about 18 months old. Unfortunately, being autistic, I'm basically immune to hypnosis and other means of escape. As I go through yet another period of unemployment, I find myself indulging in AB stuff more and more, yet with limited budget to do so. I just don't know what to do. I just want out of this rat race, to a simpler time, but I feel so lost.

I identified as a diaper lover for a long time, as I got older , I found myself more and more drawn to my adult baby side also, especially as a come out to a couple of women who accepted me.

It's okay for you to be drawn to baby things :) welcome to the club @NovaDL. Some of my favorite baby things are: binkies, bottles/sippy cups, onesies, bibs, hats, socks, mittens, blocks, finger/hand puppets, Play-Doh, and special silverware :) I prefer neutral baby things that encompass both genders just because of the trancendant simplicity.

That happens to a lot of us, myself included. I started off thinking I was a DL about a decade or more ago, but it slowly changed over time. Like you, I found it was primarily stress relief, and as I went through the transition to adulthood I needed that side of things more. I've always been very attached to one of my cuddly animals so it didn't surprise me too much really.

Little time doesn't have to be expensive if you find the right thing. If they work for you, a pacifier and baby bottle / sippy cup are both cheap, and no great loss if they don't. Equally it might be a childhood object that you like: soft toy, childhood blanket etc. There's a whole load of little toys you could try playing with - no shortage of things to try. Diapers and clothes are the most expensive things, but they're not always necessary or even always the most effective.
You really just have to try a couple of different things and find what works best for you. Everyone is different.

Reactions: psychonautalis
I agree with all the above - I think many DL end up with the AB bit as well - also as a fellow autistic I know what you mean and also know how that regression and escape is a means of coping with some of the overload and life issues - just go with it and enjoy the journey wherever it takes you

I am the same. I knew I was DL my whole life. As I started to play adult size baby diapers I started to realize I wanted more. 5 years ago my wife of 15 years decided to participated and put a diaper on me. It was all over. The baby powder the onzie. Now it’s every night and the more babyish the diapers are the more it excites me. Im a lucky man / baby boy I don’t want to be spoken to like a baby but I love to dress like one. Crazy but it is what it is. I like for my wife to put me to bed like a baby. I sometimes wonder how this happens to us but I’m not complaining because there is nothing better in the world than having the woman I love put a diaper on me with a onzie and still lay in bed and cuddle with me.

Reactions: dbee and SleepyBunny
I can relate. I'm 100% DL! But then I got a onese for my birthday a few months ago and LOVE it! Especially when I can wear a diaper underneath! Sometime I put on a pull-up just because.

As I mentioned in my previous post though, I found a old baby paci on Saturday and spent a couple hours with it. I ordered a nuk5, though I still don't know how to talk to my wife about it.

The same happend to me, and there isn't anything wrong with that :p. I started out only wearing diapers only for DL reasons, but nowadays i mostly feel little when wearing diapers. Just being able to relax and forget about all the scary and "important" stuff really helps for me, now that i have found the right balance. And well, adult life is difficult for me sometimes as well. I'm not autistic (and won't pretend that i know anything about how it is to be that nor that i say that my life is as hard as yours might be), but having an escape in the form of this is perfectly fine <3.

As people said before me, it doesn't have to be expensive. To be a little you don't need an expensive crib, a million of plushies or other expensive things. A bottle (made for adults) can be great and is cheap. For me personally my plushies make me feel very little and safe too, so getting a nice plushy might be a good choice too?

This subject has been on my mind a lot lately. Always had a fascination with diapers and as my slight incontinence grew, I started wearing more and more. It would go in spurts because early on I was so embarrassed and leaned more towards incontinence tools for light incontinence. Now I'm nearly 100% accepting of being a DL. Now, the next step, I desire to be an AB. Between times when I was wearing diapers, I wanted to get closer to my wife so I dropped the diapers and tried an Adult Nursing Relationship. WELL NOW, that just solidified my desire to be a little. I mean it really solidified it. I want to be nurtured by a mommy so bad. I think about hiding it all the time and investing in a bottle and Nuk to start. Since I work from home, I thought about dressing as a little since I'm by myself but having to work at the same time defeats the purpose. I stress a lot and I really feel that becoming a little would help me escape. I'm not sure how to become a little mentally. I also have a wife that I don't feel will accept me being an AB. She knows I wear a diaper but doesn't know I'm a DL. She might suspect it but has never mentioned it. She did however say, "Wear them (diapers) if they help you feel more secure (referring to my constant dripping)" Should I try to find some private time, hide my stuff and become a little for a few minutes a day?

You'll either like it or you won't. We have different reasons for doing it and different needs we're fulfilling. Explore it and see what works and what doesn't.

FluffButt said:
This subject has been on my mind a lot lately. Always had a fascination with diapers and as my slight incontinence grew, I started wearing more and more. It would go in spurts because early on I was so embarrassed and leaned more towards incontinence tools for light incontinence. Now I'm nearly 100% accepting of being a DL. Now, the next step, I desire to be an AB. Between times when I was wearing diapers, I wanted to get closer to my wife so I dropped the diapers and tried an Adult Nursing Relationship. WELL NOW, that just solidified my desire to be a little. I mean it really solidified it. I want to be nurtured by a mommy so bad. I think about hiding it all the time and investing in a bottle and Nuk to start. Since I work from home, I thought about dressing as a little since I'm by myself but having to work at the same time defeats the purpose. I stress a lot and I really feel that becoming a little would help me escape. I'm not sure how to become a little mentally. I also have a wife that I don't feel will accept me being an AB. She knows I wear a diaper but doesn't know I'm a DL. She might suspect it but has never mentioned it. She did however say, "Wear them (diapers) if they help you feel more secure (referring to my constant dripping)" Should I try to find some private time, hide my stuff and become a little for a few minutes a day?

Being successful by working at home means having the attitude that you would have at the office and dressing the part. Keep being little for your private time during the day or evening.

NovaDL said:
Apologies in advance: I'm drunk. I started out as primarily DL, but I find myself increasingly drawn towards the AB side. I'm autistic, and find adult life increasingly challenging. I'd honestly give anything to go back to about 18 months old. Unfortunately, being autistic, I'm basically immune to hypnosis and other means of escape. As I go through yet another period of unemployment, I find myself indulging in AB stuff more and more, yet with limited budget to do so. I just don't know what to do. I just want out of this rat race, to a simpler time, but I feel so lost.

I know little about the spectrum of autism so I can't give advice on it. What traits do you have that non autistic people don't have which can give you an advantage in the labor market? Use your strengths to outway your weaknesses.

We all have our problems in life. All the things we want in life are just beyond our fears. Those who don't fear the darkness have learned to light their own candles.

Seasonedcitizen said:
Being successful by working at home means having the attitude that you would have at the office and dressing the part. Keep being little for your private time during the day or evening.

I agree with the first part of your statement: Being successful by working at home means having the attitude that you would have at the office...

However, I disagree with the second part about dressing the part.

I have worked from home many times and often work just in PJ's or other clothing that would not be 'office' attire. I had no problem with working professionally in these circumstances.

If your attitude is good, your clothes are not material.

Now, if you can not have an office attitude while wearing AB clothes, then don't wear AB clothes while doing office work. Your job deserves your full attention.

Back