Favorite Fashion Time Period Range?

BrattyPrincessSophie said:
Exactly what the title says on the tin. What's everyone's favorite time period/range for fashion? Mine is the 1780s all the way to the end of the 1910s.
70s leather miniskirts boots maid uniforms

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, PichuCubJacob and BobbiSueEllen
I'd say it would be the 1970's for me.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and BobbiSueEllen
Do living history 1750's -1790's. I make men's clothing of that time period.

Reactions: PinkDiaperSissy and BobbiSueEllen
BrattyPrincessSophie said:
What's everyone's favorite time period/range for fashion? Mine is the 1780s all the way to the end of the 1910s.

Same here. Or rather, any period that includes corsets, petticoats, high collars and lots of ruffles.

Screenshot 2022-10-14 11.42.24.png

Reactions: PinkDiaperSissy, BobbiSueEllen and Seasonedcitizen
The 50s were cool....all the girls wore cute frilly dresses and regular dresses most of the time too. Teens and older girls wore cool skirts and dresses too. Nowadays its mostly jeans, sweatpants and regular pants. Girls hardly wear dresses much at all and all ages too!

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, sissybaby34 and BobbiSueEllen
I like the clothing in the old Sears catalogs. Women dressed well years ago.

What a tough question! 😂

I mean, if I had to pick at least one I'd probably would go with fashions from the Victorian Era.

There's something magical, majestical, and beautiful about the various dresses and designs from that period that just makes me eyes sparkle and my heart pump with love. 🥰

I grow envious of women and girls because of how super lucky they were to get to wear such fashions back then.

I'd kill to wear a puffy sleeve Victorian ball gown or dress! 🥰

Reactions: PinkDiaperSissy and BobbiSueEllen
Mid 17th century. Tights, good use of layers, lace and frills, well heeled shoes, side swords, and over-the-top hats.

A mix of 60's, 70's and 80's fashion.

• Love
Reactions: PinkDiaperSissy, Seasonedcitizen and BobbiSueEllen
thatfemgurlrea said:
Definitely the 1950s. I love the styles and how women would be dressed up even at home. I dream about being a housewife and submitting to my husband. If I could go back in time and experience it hunny I would in a heartbeat. I have bought some vintage clothes and lingerie from that time. They look fabulous and fit perfectly. I also love vintage ads and womens magazines from then.
I completely agree. Fashion was great at this point. Women looked so feminine. I'd also love to be a housewife in the time period. Great choice.

Height of the Roman Empire. Then I could walk around in a leather miniskirt carrying a sword and not have to explain myself. And when off-duty... Togas and Saturnalias!

• Haha
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Seasonedcitizen, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Reactions: ReluctantAdult
Most of the clothes I own are modern clothing from fashion in the last 10 or so years. My kid clothes are what kids wore when I was a kid 15 -20 years ago. My adult clothes could be worn by women today (if they like wearing skirts and dresses). Basically, I need clothes/outfits that I can imagine girls actually wearing in real life.

I wish I could have authentic clothes from other time periods, but they need to be as authentic as possible. For instance, I did wear a 50s housewife costume, but it just didn't feel right. I also owned a medieval princess costume, but again it didn't feel right. Just like how when I wear school uniform, I need branded authentic clothes that students of that school would actually wear, not unbranded (barring stuff like the skirt/shoes etc) or costume pieces.

90’s through 2010 for kid stuff!

50's/60s for me (for men and women!) I used to watch Mad Men quite a bit when it was on Netflix, and I just love all the costumes! (Although the Don Draper suit style doesn't really look good on me...lol)

Victorian Era/1950's

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
im not really sure, think I will do some research at some point but for anyone that loves the 1930 to 1950 that lives in the UK (would be better if you live near London) there is an event I go to every year called "Salute to the '40s" at Chatham dockyard, I must say out of all the war shows (or around that time events) I go to this one is a good 50% mix of people dressed in 1930 to 1950 to people not dressed up but 50% is really really high.

got to love the fact family's dress there kids up in said time clothes too, so everyone just looks great for the most part :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Furrytum and BobbiSueEllen
When you look at photos and movies from the 1960’s, remember that the women in mini skirts are grandmothers now.

Back