PatrickDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Has anyone wore a heavier diaper to a family event because it was necessary or for the fun of it? I’m curious how you felt about the experience??
I’m contemplating wearing a heavier diaper to my upcoming holiday gathering due to my family and friends drinking all day and me knowing my bladder won’t hold up all day lol

Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun, Freddie07601 and 2 others
Yes I have worn diapers and vinyl pants to family events, and it worked out fine.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Floodingpants, Diprs2 and 1 other person
So much will depend on your self-image and the level of awareness and acceptance your family has regarding your incontinence that any suggestions could turn out not to be effective for you. You might ask yourself whether a diaper bulge or an unexpected leak would be the greater embarrassment and choose what to wear according to your answer to that question.

You might also consider how easy it will be at the family gathering to change your diaper and dispose of the used one.

My family is aware and accepting of my incontinence. A MegaMax will generally not reach its limit before it's time to leave the gathering. Always, though,I have a spare diaper in the car, just in case. And I always wear fairly snug plastic (PUL) pants. They make the diaper bulge smaller.

I hope you and your family enjoy each other's company at your holiday gathering. with no tension or worry about leaking diapers or diaper bulges.

Last edited:
Reactions: EcoIncon, Diprs2 and AttilaThePun
Some of my family knows, and my children have probably forgotten my challenges. So there have been times where I have worn a diaper when worried about diarrhea primarily, and U-IC to a lesser extent. Where diarrhea is involved, I also wear the plastic pants and a compression pant. The later keeps the diaper profile to a minimum, but the diaper is not thick to start with.

If someone were to pat my behind, they'd probably be a bit surprised. But this doesn't normally happen and the grandchildren wouldn't likely put two and two together.

Last edited:
Reactions: EcoIncon, Diprs2, IWannawear and 1 other person
Necessary? yes. I really try not to change at other people's houses for logistical reasons (much easier to take a diaper bag into a public restroom and dispose of the used diaper). So a thick diaper is a godsend.

For fun? No. doesn't work like that for me.

Reactions: Diprs2 and AttilaThePun
I never had the need for extra heavy absorbency when around family (or work for that matter). Tranquility SlimLines have enough capacity for several hours, and then I change. I change no matter where I am: at work, at a holiday party, at a family gathering, on an airplane.

Reactions: slimjiminy and AttilaThePun
I have been in cloth diapers and plastic pants around my family several times. No one seems to know or care and all has gone very well. I love spending time with my family.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and EcoIncon
Back