Experience with the VA?

Edgewater said:
There are at least two, at least that is my understanding.
There are specific steps that are required and (1.) my medical records provide my long history being U-IC and the tests, surgeries and medications that have been used.
(2.) My (your) use of what the VA currently provided, which provides support that you have tried to find something that works.
(3.) At this point, I have a meeting with my Urologist and will likely complete one more procedure. During that meeting, I will be asking for him to provide my VA with a: "Letter of Medical Necessary." Which begins the process of having my VA pharmacy to have their supplier provide the level of diaper's I need.
(4.) This will likely evolve another form from my VA MD requested them to make special exception.

(5.) I will be contacting my supplier and determining if they have contact with my VA's pharmacy supplier and if not please contact them. It will likely help if your supplier is the Representative of the brand you use. For me that will be NorthShore Diapers.

** I have also requested that my Patient Representative start a National Review regarding the quality of Product that the VA is accepting for their IC clients.

Your are a Veteran of the US Military and should fully understand two things !: The Process is slow and takes time! 2: The squeaky wheel gets the oil. You have to keep pounding at the door.
Thank you. My PCM is on board with me. I have an urology appointment scheduled for Monday.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater
So for the last few days I’ve been wearing the Prevail pull ups that the VA sent me. I’m supposed to use a booster they sent me with them, but they don’t fit. The Prevail are just like any store bought adult pull up, meaning they suck. Their is no odor blocking at all, and so I have a strong urine smell, even my wife smelled it.

I really hope they can figure out how to order through nonformulary. This is getting old.

Reactions: Edgewater
This will continue to get older and older and sadly older! It is a big system and far too many within it just want to get though another day. The goal is to Push, Push more and to continue to Push! Remember, the military is founded around hurry-up and wait!

But as our good Captain Kirk (CptKirk) has stated so clearly; You just have to keep pushing them!

Please understand that this Push Needs To Be Seen As Not Just You, But All Vets' Nationwide!

While, I was waiting for one of my appointments, I saw one of our Brave Young Vets, that had loss both legs and it came to me that he was likely suffering with third rate diapers just like us! And that clearly defined for me; This is not just about me, but for them as Well!!

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
the sad part is i am actually considering applying for the medical supply tech or material handling jobs there at the VA so i can get away from the commissary so i get treated better

Reactions: Edgewater and BabyHailey1977
Back