Exercise/fitness and diapers

abdlbill004

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone else get lazy when in diapers these past 6 years 24/7 have made me a well little lazy and weight gain was never a thought. I have no plans of stoping and it brings me much joy and security I wear large diapers with boosters like in the photo.Any ideas on diaper friendly fitness I did buy a few cloth backed diapers but I might just use a krincklz with no boosters. I like the outdoors even in winter and I don't like gyms but I need fitness for myself and the fact that I'm out growing my diapers when I just got them back.

Attachments

• 20240409_194917.jpg
    20240409_194917.jpg
    840 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: NKY2020
I need to hit the trails so what if my diaper chafes me while riding definitely need to tune out my Trek

Reactions: diaperdude
You could trying investing in some barbells and free weights. Wearing a thick diaper shouldn't be much of a hinderance for most weight lifting exercises.

Reactions: abdlbill004
Dieting is more important than exercise when it comes to weight loss, if that's your overall goal. Keto is great for that which helped me lose a lot of weight along with exercise (down from 230lbs to 150lbs in 2 years). It's really about caloric surplus vs. deficit. If you take in less than you burn, you'll lose weight. Working out is always important, but don't forget healthy eating choices whenever you can!

I've tried keto twice now it does work but not long term the body needs carbs

Getting my morning exercise in a wet and messy diaper is a typical way to begin my day: wet, poopy, and physically fit.

Diapers and the gym for me do not mix, makes me way to hot, I don’t even really like wearing if I’m doing a lot of physical stuff around the house, but that me, I tend to run hot while immersed in heavy physical labor

Reactions: denimchicken
Well, i used to be very active and hiking and alot of things in a diaper, and wore a pair of underwear over the diaper and then a diaper cover to prevent leaks.

Now i'd often wear a onesie as well.

Only issue i ever had was that could get hot, and also could get the diaper broken down, but this whas awhile ago when i used abena and things have changed in the world since then. so that may not be an issue.

I wouldnt blame the diaper for being lazy, that just happens and seems to ge worse as you get older as well.

But, just get out and live your life, and if that includs diapers then it does and they really shouldnt efect your physical activity at all, and you shoudl be just fine doing exactly what you did without a diaper on.

Afterall it's just different underwear and nothing more.

95% of the time, if I'm wearing either Goodnites or a diaper while lifting.
southeastlittle said:
Dieting is more important than exercise when it comes to weight loss, if that's your overall goal. Keto is great for that which helped me lose a lot of weight along with exercise (down from 230lbs to 150lbs in 2 years). It's really about caloric surplus vs. deficit. If you take in less than you burn, you'll lose weight. Working out is always important, but don't forget healthy eating choices whenever you can!
Dieting is how you lose weight, but exercise determines the type of weight loss. If you only diet and/or focus on cardio based exercise, most of that weight lost will be muscle, which is less ideal. With that strategy, you can lose weight, but end up with a higher body fat percentage. Also, that makes the weight loss harder to maintain. When exercising, your focus should be in getting stronger, and preserving that lean mass. Done correctly, you can end up eating more food per day while also having less body fat.

I have found Depend Real-fit/Silhouette to be perfect for working out. I use a bit of lotion on the thighs to reduce chaffing when I am jogging/hiking/walking/elliptical and so far, I have never had problems. Added bonus, they are discreet enough to change at the gym without being embarrassed or feeling like I am showing off that I am padded.

If you need more protection than they have to offer, I have had some success with Tranquility slim line or even ATN and using more lotion/reapplying every hour or so. It can be a bit more hit and miss, but if I have any reason to fear a messy accident or am doing a longer hike like 5-6 hours and need the protection, it can be worth it to use a thinner plastic tape-on. This summer I plan on experimenting with Real fit when I do longer hikes, but will try to use a booster and just replace it after each accident. There is no way to make Real-fit work if a messy accident is possible though.

• Love
I have been going to the gym in my Threaded Armor Basic Briefs. As long as i don’t drink tons of water before I go I don’t have to stop mid exercise and go to the bathroom. I haven’t had any chafing yet and as a bonus when the sweat runs down my back it just absorbs so i don’t have wet shorts. lol

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude and paddedgrasshopper
I haven't had much luck with exercise and wearing diapers. They're way to hot. One thought I had was too wear a diaper while cycling. The added padding would help with an uncomfortable bicycle seat.

• Love
denimchicken said:
The added padding would help with an uncomfortable bicycle seat.
If your saddle isn't comfortable, you need a different one. There are tons to choose from, the challenge is finding one that fits you. A local bike shop can help, and I've heard of programs where you can get a selection of saddles to try out, then you keep the one you like and send the rest back. Here's an article about one that I have not tried: https://bikerumor.com/bike-saddle-box-rental-program/

Yeah, good saddles are not cheap, but then neither is my feathered fanny ;) .

Personally, I just wear cycling shorts when riding. When running, I wear a light breathable diaper, which comes in handy because sometimes when my legs are running, other parts of me want to get into the act as well :rolleyes:,

• Haha
Reactions: denimchicken
When I'm cycling for extended sessions I typically hold myself off of the seat anyway. It just feels like an excuse to wear diapers is the main thing I was going for. 😉

I'm an avid runner, go to the gym 4 to 6 days/wk. I haven't let my incontinence stop me from being me, from being healthy, and hopefully living a long life. I am in diapers 24/7/365, but wearing bulky diapers while running doesn't work for me. For a long time I've been wearing Abena pullups at the gym. Usually I'm going straight from work, so I'm in a wet diaper when I get there, but change into my pullups at the gym. I usually run for 75 minutes, and depending on the day, hit some weights for 15 min after. I change out if my pullups after, it's wet from some urine but also sweat. Then it's a good sweat in the sauna, and shower. And I diaper up at the gym, into my MegaMax diaper with booster pad and plastic pants. Luckily the gym has private changing stalls, but my diapering can def be heard.
Anyway, it is def possible to have a healthy workout routine, go to the gym, wear diapers, be the best and healthiest you you can be!

• Love
Reactions: denimchicken and diaperdude
paddedgrasshopper said:
95% of the time, if I'm wearing either Goodnites or a diaper while lifting.

Dieting is how you lose weight, but exercise determines the type of weight loss. If you only diet and/or focus on cardio based exercise, most of that weight lost will be muscle, which is less ideal. With that strategy, you can lose weight, but end up with a higher body fat percentage. Also, that makes the weight loss harder to maintain. When exercising, your focus should be in getting stronger, and preserving that lean mass. Done correctly, you can end up eating more food per day while also having less body fat.
May I add to this answer? Aerobic exercise done at lower intensity levels (60-75% of maximum heart rate which is about 120 beats per minute minus your age) and sustained over relatively longer periods of time (say, 45-60 minutes or more) tends to burn more stored fat. That’s because you shift over from getting your energy mainly from what’s readily available in your blood supply to what’s stored in your fat supply. You seldom get to your stored fat as an energy source if you work out for shorter periods of time and/or you are exerting a lot of energy all at once as in short bursts of intense effort. Weight lifting is extremely helpful in weight loss but not from what you burn while lifting. Its greatest benefit is that it increases your body mass so that you have to burn more calories in whatever you are doing, whether it is lifting weights, doing lower intensity aerobic exercise or just walking around in your daily life.

Last edited:
Back