Entitlement in Hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ain't it funny that people can't accept that sometimes things are purposely made in extremely limited numbers, so not everybody can have one?

You think a large company doesn't have some clue of how many people are buying their items and will want upcoming items?

Of course they do

If they make 5,000 of an item, they damn well know Demand might be 50,000

They use those 5,000 copies to sell product, making them Rich

Along with that comes a Cost, don't like the cost? Trade for it or try to get lucky

It doesn't do any good to constantly complain that it's too expensive, you won't die from not having a certain Materialistic item

These aren't essential items

Last edited:
Reactions: JaysonTheRegressor
Yeah, I agree. It is a tried and tested strategy to make a certain item very valuable due to its rarity.
If they produced loads of that item, it wouldn't be that exclusive...thus the perceived value would go down.
But I dunno, I guess it depends what kind of items were are talking about.

Valk said:
Yeah, I agree. It is a tried and tested strategy to make a certain item very valuable due to its rarity.
If they produced loads of that item, it wouldn't be that exclusive...thus the perceived value would go down.
But I dunno, I guess it depends what kind of items were are talking about.
Trading Cards, you will have people complaining market price is Too High on something with an extremely low Pull Rate

If your pull rate from one pack is under 1%, of course the item is going to be expensive, Market price is $150 and you think it should be a $50 item; doesn't do any good to complain

Just for reference, a Case of these cards is at least around $800, half a case is about $400

So, $400 to pull a $150 card

Clearly if other people are paying $150, and you are waiting for it to become available for $50, you may miss that opportunity by being cheap

So why complain? Hobbies ain't Guaranteed to fit within your budget

Last edited:
Skins and cards are same in that aspect i guess, just bought 3 sticker capsule (CS:GO stickers featuring team logo) and didn't even get the sticker from the team o wanted which is OG

Shingo said:
Skins and cards are same in that aspect i guess, just bought 3 sticker capsule (CS:GO stickers featuring team logo) and didn't even get the sticker from the team o wanted which is OG
Well if you are talking a Physical item, I think it's fair to understand why stuff cost money and sometimes not everyone can have what they want

But when you start talking Digital items that have basically $0.00 cost to generate more, it's kinda unfair to monetize that

With Physical items there is an actual cost associated with making them, and a Company doesn't want to make 100,000 cases of Trading Cards if they think only 10,000 cases will sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back