Emotions and wetting

charliee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hi, I just wanted to ask a question out of curiosity. Do your feelings have an impact on your accidents and incontinence? I mean for example when you’re embarassed or if someone scares you, things like that...

Charlie

Reactions: Diprs2 and LittleEnigma
charliee said:
Hi, I just wanted to ask a question out of curiosity. Do your feelings have an impact on your accidents and incontinence? I mean for example when you’re embarassed or if someone scares you, things like that...

Charlie
For me emotions shape me every day due to my condition. But for my case I find myself sometimes when I'm excited and nervous having a way higher chance of having an accident. Your definently not alone on that

Reactions: Diprs2
I usually don’t have accidents but go to the bathroom way more when anxious

Reactions: Diprs2, Cyprushill427, sport1 and 1 other person
I don't have daytime issues (maybe OAB) or release when I'm startled, but when I am stressed or depressed my nighttime issues ramp up severely

My bed wetting definitely is connected to my emotions. Strong emotions make it far more likely that I wet. It doesn’t matter what type of emotion, if it is strong I am more likely to wet. When I was suicidal and severely depressed I was wetting nightly. When I am feeling normal wetting is infrequent. As far as with daytime accidents, there is no correlation with my emotional status.

I’ve noticed lately with chemotherapy and the stresses my body is under that I’ve been going through 5 to 6 diapers a day up from 3-4. That’s what I spoke to my primary care dr. today about. What he said is when your body is under more stress than usual that it reacts differently and that increased wetting can be a symptom of excess stress.

I don't think that this is the case for me - or at last not the primary root cause. I did't figured out anything but an increase of episodes is normally coupled to mistakes I did with my diet or with my timing (timed voiding / drinking). The intensity of the episodes changes also from time to time. I did't figured why but I think it could have something to do with the status of my immune system - but I'm not 100% sure.

I definitely wet the bed more when my emotions are running high and have a higher frequency of having to pee which makes it easier to have an accident so i wear during the day when im highly emotional

Absolutely. It is part of your body’s animal instincts. Your body is under some sort of stress. Because your body is under some sort of stress, your body becomes more aware of its surroundings which means you produce more hormones and enzymes and your body begins to work faster and produce more byproducts meaning that you are more likely to have wetting or pooping accidents. I hope tHis helps.

Hi everyone.

yeah, as you’re saying the emotions have a huge influence in both wetting and pooping accidents. In fact after I had the spinal injury and after some quite embarrassing experiences I decided not to do some things with other people anymor, such as bungee jumping or even going to cinema for some kind of films (scaring ones, f. ex.). And also in extended periods as the college exams, and so on. Hope it’s been helpful. Best regards!

When I was wearing for the first time my emotions was all over the place !!!
But any more I'm so use to them it's just doesn't really bother me all that much ...
With a very caring ,supporting , loving & affectionate partner life has been awful wonderful !!!

Not sure if this counts but I hardly ever wet when playing an intense online multiplayer game and I’m in the zone, though it’s not uncommon for me to start wetting my diaper about 10-20 seconds after the game ends (win or loose). My guess is it either has to do with my body relaxing after tensing, or leaning back in my seat, causing the urethra to unbend. Probably a bit of both.

Last edited:
enthusi said:
Not sure if this counts but I hardly ever wet when playing an intense online multiplayer game and I’m in the zone, though it’s not uncommon for me to start wetting my diaper as soon as the game ends (win or loose). My guess is it either has to do with my body relaxing after tensing, or leaning back in my seat, causing the urethra to unbend.
yeah, it’s a quite reasonable explanation indeed. Ending any intense activity is a highly possible accident in your diaper.

100% yes, Frightened + Excited + Shouted at.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_47d3.jpg

Yes, anxiety is one of the things that has me basically getting no warning for when I wet. I need some mental capacity to not wet myself and notice the urge to go so stress and anxiety will often have me wet without even realizing it until I am actively wetting.

Anxiety is very much a trigger for my problems. Especially if I get anxious when I'm prevented from relieving myself or find I am in a situation where there just isn't a toilet available. Such as travelling on a coach or on a train with no facilities
I got severely anxious once having a CT scan which took ages and because I couldn't just get up and leave I was going frantic. I had to share my predicament with a nurse and she encouraged me to hold on because the machine was still taking pics.
I held it until the procedure finished but wet myself big time in the changing room!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Fleetwoodmac32192
In my case my “accidents” have an affect on my emotions. In can change a pleasant mood into something considerably less desirable, but I been getting better at accepting the inevitable.

Back