Do you have one or both parents were born in another country?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
My dad is American but my mom was born in County Galway, Ierland. Do you have a parent (or both) that were born in another country?

Both my parents were born in Africa, my dad was born in Mali, though I don’t know where exactly my mom is from, I assume she’s from Ivory Coast.

My biological parents (including my mom) are Filipino, but my mom wasn’t married before she had me. Because of this, she married my American father about three years after I was born.

Both of my parents were born in the United States. However, my maternal grandpa was born in Canada, if that counts.

BabyBluePup said:
my maternal grandpa was born in Canada, if that counts.
I've visited in Vancouver. Like the place. But even though I like it, it doesn't make me Canadian.

My Mom was born in the US but has a lot of family in Sweden and my Dad was born and raised in Germany until they moved to the states when he was 10 or so

greatlake5 said:
I've visited in Vancouver. Like the place. But even though I like it, it doesn't make me Canadian.
I love Vancouver! One of my favorite cities in the world.

Both of my parents were born in Iran, but I was born in the United States. I'm a dual citizen and I go to Iran frequently. Sometimes it feels like I'm the Iranian "ambassador" on this site, as there are no other active Iranian members here.

Reactions: TrashPanda01
My mother and father were born in South Korea.

I was born in the US. Though my father is half Portuguese.

Milianna said:
My mother and father were born in South Korea.

I was born in the US. Though my father is half Portuguese.
You sound like a beautiful hybrid girl. One of my favorite tennis players is Emma Raducanu (won Wimbledon's championship). Her dad is Eastern Europe and her mom was from China. Terminally cute.

One born in
Netherlands & other in Canada
They are chilling in heaven though now.

Canadian and Norwegian. How's that for a cultural mix (aka diversity)?

No, but all four of my grandparents were born in Denmark.

Back