Do you have feelings of shame around nappies (or regression?)

JonahAteAWhale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I have loved nappies my whole life and wore them at night and during the day (although not 24/7) throughout my childhood until around age 10.

At age 10 my step-dad at the time, who was strict unlike the rest of my caregivers, decided to put a stop to all the nappies. He banned me wearing in the day ever, and removed them at night too, and began waking me every night (felt like the middle of the night to me but was probably 11pm as I went to bed at 9pm on the dot under his rule, before he came along I had no bedtime.) He would wake me and carry me to the toilet and sternly tell me to pee. I became very anxious at bedtimes. I found it hard to sleep without a nappy, and my mind would not rest, and I would have lots of fears and anxieties which have persisted my whole life since and have only subsided since about 5 years ago in my late twenties when bedwetting returned (probably due to psychiatric medication) and I went back into nappies at night. Since I am back in them I sleep much better!

However that is not the point of this post. I attribute my strict step-dad's harshness, or what felt like harshness at the time, as the source of my shame around nappies that persisted thereafter. The desire to wear nappies never left, but from then on I felt like I was weird, and felt ashamed.

Only in the last few months, coming here, and receiving advice from others outside this site, that I have started to accept myself. I do not harm anyone by wearing nappies, and they help me a lot. If anyone else can't accept me when I tell them that, I wouldn't want to be their friend anyway. So I should be able to accept myself. And I am beginning to! I feel much better about nappies these days, although I still fear to accept the part of me who wants a bottle and a dummy.

• Hug
Reactions: LittleTyke, PadPhilosopher, MrDiaperLoverUK and 3 others
Many of us myself included have felt shame or guilt or embarrassment about liking nappies but overall what we do doesn’t hurt anyone and really what’s more appropriate going commando in public or wearing a nappy in public (under adult clothing of course). I mean people wear clothes that are much more offensive in public (e.g. photos with provocative photos of women, FCUK named after a drug route and items that are too tight or show too much flesh.) but the minute you admit you wear a nappy without a medical reason you’re branded a freak, pervert or worse. Even natureism (walking around in public naked) in designated areas but visible to the general public are more accepted then we are. But I digress we need to stop feeling negative feelings about who we are and instead embrace it the world is made up of loads of people and we have just as much right to live here as everyone else.

• Love
  • Hug
Reactions: warmfeeling, LittleTyke, littledub1955 and 5 others
Newbaby110521 said:
Many of us myself included have felt shame or guilt or embarrassment about liking nappies but overall what we do doesn’t hurt anyone and really what’s more appropriate going commando in public or wearing a nappy in public (under adult clothing of course). I mean people wear clothes that are much more offensive in public (e.g. photos with provocative photos of women, FCUK named after a drug route and items that are too tight or show too much flesh.) but the minute you admit you wear a nappy without a medical reason you’re branded a freak, pervert or worse. Even natureism (walking around in public naked) in designated areas but visible to the general public are more accepted then we are. But I digress we need to stop feeling negative feelings about who we are and instead embrace it the world is made up of loads of people and we have just as much right to live here as everyone else.
Thank you for writing this post, your thoughts are very wise. We are not evil or wrong for wearing nappies. We're just people who feel the need for nappies for whatever reason. We shouldn't have to suffer because of people's prejudices but also we shouldn't attack ourselves because we don't feel normal.

Reactions: warmfeeling, LittleTyke, littledub1955 and 3 others
I used to worry a little about it but I’m now too old to care what others might think (if they found out)

Life’s way too short to spend it unhappy!

Last edited:
Reactions: warmfeeling, LittleTyke, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I am me and I never have feelings of shame about who I am, I wear AB nappies and act childish, I am me and I am happy.

Reactions: LittleTyke, PadPhilosopher and JonahAteAWhale
Baloo said:
I am me and I never have feelings of shame about who I am, I wear AB nappies and act childish, I am me and I am happy.
This is a good attitude :)

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I did have the same feeling of shame around Nappies as long as I can remember that I want to go back wearing Nappies before I first bought some samples of adult Nappies. But now I don’t feel shame around Nappies anymore as I have now have the confidence of putting my self in Nappies and been wearing Nappies (not 24 hours a day 7 days a week) for almost 10 years now and for the last 5 years I don’t feel shame of having Dummies and Bottles (adult sized Dummies and Bottles that is) and I have now accept the part of me on who I am and what’s makes me happy.

Reactions: LittleTyke and JonahAteAWhale
MrDiaperLoverUK said:
I did have the same feeling of shame around Nappies as long as I can remember that I want to go back wearing Nappies before I first bought some samples of adult Nappies. But now I don’t feel shame around Nappies anymore as I have now have the confidence of putting my self in Nappies and been wearing Nappies (not 24 hours a day 7 days a week) for almost 10 years now and for the last 5 years I don’t feel shame of having Dummies and Bottles (adult sized Dummies and Bottles that is) and I have now accept the part of me on who I am and what’s makes me happy.
Thank you, this is inspirational... I feel better about nappies these days, but still embarrassed and ashamed about my desires for nappies and bottles tbh. So much so I buy them and then hide them away and never use them.

To me, the shame amplifies the thrill for diapers somehow in a good way.

Reactions: JonahAteAWhale
uibeltje said:
To me, the shame amplifies the thrill for diapers somehow in a good way.
Interesting. So for you, nappies are a thrill which is enhanced by knowing they are frowned upon? The longer I am here I am learning there are lots of different kinds of reasons to love nappies lol :)

Reactions: warmfeeling and uibeltje
JonahAteAWhale said:
Thank you for writing this post, your thoughts are very wise. We are not evil or wrong for wearing nappies. We're just people who feel the need for nappies for whatever reason. We shouldn't have to suffer because of people's prejudices but also we shouldn't attack ourselves because we don't feel normal.
I don't feel normal if I don't have a diaper on 24/7, wear plastic pants, have a pacifier in my mouth at bedtime and several times throughout the day and sleep go to sleep hugging my teddy bear. It may not be normal for practically every adult in society but it's normal for me and that's all I have to know.

I have a very as long as you aren't hurting anyone do it atitude. I love diapers i'm not hurting anyone I don't care about others think is appropriate so no never had any shame.

Reactions: LittleTyke
Yes, I used to be ashamed. (I almost wanted to write "of course".)

But no more. My hypnotherapist, my wonderful wife 😍 and some very close friends have helped me accept who and what I am. The shame is gone.

Back