Do you get anxious or nervous from crying babies or toddlers in public spaces?

PurpleScorpion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
I think it's a relatively universal thing, at least feeling uncomfortable about it, but for us I feel like there might be more... empathy in it?

Reactions: CuriousFabio
No but its something that will grab my attention. I spent a good chunk of my life raising kids, siblings and nephews, so I have that parent instinct still. However I think it's natural in most people to react to that unless you're a psychopath or something lol

I love when you can tell when it's fake tantrum crying. The parent tries so hard to play it off and look like a good parent in public. But you can tell by the tone of the crying thats its BS and it happens all the time at home with the parent caving when nobody is watching.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJFan2020, CuriousFabio, Freddie07601 and 2 others
Nope but I wonder what they are crying about.

Reactions: CuriousFabio
I am pretty understanding when there is an infant crying. I mean what are you going to do? However, it's a toddler, I start getting annoyed, because all you have to do is teach your kid better manners or take them outside when they freakout.

I dunno....my parents were really on point with me not being disruptive as a kid. They didn't spank me....but didn't tolerate me being a little sh*t either.

• Love
Reactions: CuriousFabio, Freddie07601 and Diaperman95
Yea, it gets on my nerves if it happens for an extended period of time. I read that their cries trigger our brains, so it makes total sense, even more in my case, for sometimes I can "smell" people's sorrows and worries.

Reactions: Freddie07601
I'm more likely to be envious because I want to be that baby or toddler.

Yes, I get anxious and I think sometimes feel like if I share something with them of mine...paci, bottle, stuffie then maybe they'll stop.

I personally dont sit well with real children I find them annoying I'm also a bit of a germ a phobe and real school aged children are germ factories plus I have a service dog

Back