Did you hate being in nappies for bedwetting ?

INCONTGUY said:
I've always been a bedwetter and have ALWAYS loved my diapers and plastic pants.
I love sleeping in nappies and plastic pants. I don't think I could sleep without them now.

Reactions: Davvyboy and nectar0001
yes there was the time in life where i was unappy about needing diapers at night, and i was in myteens before i took care of it myself, that said i was never in a situation where i didnt need them, i cannot think of night where i was dry, let alone anytime it was going to stop, now in my teens i started doing things myself.

Reactions: Davvyboy
My parents separated when I was 2 so for the majority of my childhood I spent every other weekend with my dad and the remainder of time with my mom. Boy was it like 2 completely different worlds. I remember being around 5 years old when my dad reached his boiling point (he was the patient/kind one) with my bedwetting and he took my sister and I to Sam’s club to get diapers for me because at the time I was day/night wetting. I remember being such a cry baby and sobbing the whole time. I was sitting in the child seat in the shopping cart and we went down the baby isle all the while I was peeking through the side of my eye to see what he would end up getting. I can’t get over how much of a cry baby I was being but I also remember being so excited deep down inside. At first he picked up a box of Huggies, and I remember crying a bit louder then the initial sob, but being even more excited, and as we left the isle he stopped and swapped out the box of baby Huggies for pull-ups. I had already gone back to sobbing quietly with my head down, but I remember an initial sadness when he swapped boxes for the pull-ups, for some reason I wanted the Huggies more.

I remember getting home that day, my dad put a movie on for my sister so that he could spend some time getting me situated. He had already been restricting my liquid intake for 2 hrs before bed and requiring me to go to the bathroom and “try to pee” even if I didn’t have to right before bed. But this time I showered, he made me try to empty out any remaining liquids and he helped me get changed into the new pull-ups. I remember he just called them underwear, never said diaper, pull-up or anything other then underwear. After I got dressed and ready for bed we worked out where I wanted to keep the pull-ups. To be honest I wasn’t sure what he was asking. I didn’t know what the options were, but he immediately suggested that if I wanted to I could hide them in the closet behind the hamper, so that my cousins wouldn’t see when they came to visit (younger cousin was also a bedwetter, and the whole family knew, but I think my dad knew that I had been mortified enough for the day going to get the pull-ups with him at the store and he just wanted to help me regain whatever confidence or self respect he could.

Eventually we got a trash can for my closet too, and he would empty it out once I went to my mom’s house at the end of the weekend, and my “underwear” would be restocked during the week when he didn’t have us to spare me the embarrassment.

I remember that first night laying down in my pull-up. We had a strict 9pm bedtime but I had to stay up past midnight just laying there in my top bunk. My sister had already fell asleep and I couldn’t have felt any safer in my life. Honestly, to this day I don’t think I’ve ever felt as safe as I did that day. I eventually knocked out, but I did so knowing that I would wake up with no one angry at me if I had an accident, no one screaming at me or spanking my (dad never did, mom was a bit aggressive and became abusive later in life).

As I got older, the pull-ups with the designs kept being replenished at my dad’s house, they eventually lost their designs as they turned into the first goodnites. At the age of 9 my dad moved half way across the country and when we went to visit for the whole summer he had the same system in place. My “underwear” were already stocked and hidden for me and we never made it seem like anything other than normal. Unfortunately by the time I turned 12 my dad was basically out of my life and all I had was an angry abusive mother who blamed me for the bedwetting issues and didn’t really care to find any solution.

All this to say, never once did I hate diapers. When I had them I felt safe, I knew I wouldn’t wake up to someone “whooping my ass” for “being too lazy to wake up and pee in the bathroom like a normal person”. It was a warm feeling (and I don’t mean when wet). It was a warm bed I went to sleep in and a warm bed I woke up in, unlike home with my mom.

• Wow
Reactions: diaperkool, Lewis Badger, abdl86 and 2 others
Wetshisbed said:
I love sleeping in nappies and plastic pants. I don't think I could sleep without them now.
Me neither. It’s just part of who I am. Wet every night but with the right nappy and plastic pants I sleep well and don’t stress about it. My wife would by her own admiration much rather have me in nappies than share a wet bed

Reactions: JOCKMAN, Davvyboy and Pampers4Ever
Yes, it was an ordeal, as my bedwetting started happening when I caught a bad virus in my mid-teens. Before this I hadn’t had any bedwetting issues past 5, and I’d been dry in the daytime by 3.

I started wearing DryNites but switched to wearing taped Tena nappies fairly quickly. Instead I kept the DryNites for the daytime when I started having daytime leaks.

I resented having to wear nappies again, but I knew it was because I was sick. What I found more worrying is that my wettings kept happening - and no-one could tell me what was causing it, or why.

As a result, it took me a long time to get used to being back in nappies 24/7 again. And because it’s due to nerve damage it’s a permanent issue.

The same illness also means I can only walk tiny distances so I need my wheelchair to get around in now too.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Davvyboy said:
I was never a bed wetter myself.
But I had friends that did.
They had to wear nappies at night, like it or not !
I was quite envious at the time !
However I don’t think I would have liked my own mum changing my nappies after age 2 or 3.
She was never a kind or patient person and she would have made it extremely stressful.
I hope my ADISC friends were treated with kindness and respect.
Being a life-long wetter, diapers were usual for me, as were the rubber pants I wore over them. No problems with mom or with my nursemaid in my teens.

When i was younger i did not like it, but i had no choice. Now that i am older i am mostly used to it and understand that its a good thing if i dont want to wash sheets every morning. But waking up wet and seeing the big bulge under my pjs that definetly told everyone i didnt stay dry tonight, is something that can still feel embarassing, childish and immature. At least for me

Reactions: Davvyboy and wetaccident
Oh I absolutely hated it as a kid when I was still wetting the bed. I seriously hated diapers then because they caused so many problems with sleepovers and vacations and campouts and stuff.
But oddly several years after I didn't need them anymore is when I started to want to wear them again. Strange.

Reactions: Davvyboy, GoodnitesXL21 and kjluvs
I remember being put in pampers for bed for a short bit after I was potty trained but I also remember eagerly getting one out of the bag and bringing it to my mum to put on me when I was getting my "pajamas" on. (Just a tshirt and pampers). I recon I looked forward to being put in a diaper for any reason as far back as memory allows.

I think I was pretty okay with it most of the time. The main reason for me ever resisting or complaining was when my bedwetting/nappy wearing was discussed outside my family group (I include my aunt and cousin, who were a second mother and brother throughout my childhood). Until I was six or so, I honestly believed it was normal for kids to wear nappies to bed. I didn't have any siblings for comparison and my older cousin wore them until he was five.
Once I moved into DryNites around six, I though I was growing up and so I didn't like it when my parents wanted me to wear nappies again (like when I'd really soaked my bed, or if we were travelling). I'd complain about not being a little baby any more, etc., etc. Part of the reason I didn't like it was because my parents always treated the return to nappies as a negative thing... because I'd failed (maybe too harsh a word). When I slept at my aunt's place, she kept me in nappies until I was nine and I don't think I objected to it. She was always much nicer about it and sold nappy wearing to me as a definite good thing. Again, it helped that my cousin would occasionally have to join me in wearing a nappy to bed.

Reactions: Davvyboy and kjluvs
I was basically indifferent to wearing nappies at night until about age 11. I tried and failed a few times to go without a nappy at night and it usually ended in waking up in wet sheets. Those were the only times my Mum got annoyed. Me bedwetting wasn’t an issue for my parents but changing wet sheets was. By about 14 I much preferred being nappied at night to waking up in a wet bed. Then around 16 I started to really enjoy them and starting exploring my abdl side. I think I was a little bit older when I realised what a sissy was and that being gender fluid was a thing. Now happily nappied and wet every night 😊

Reactions: Davvyboy and sissybaby34
I would say until 4 yo I didn't want to get out of it even with #2.

4-5 I wanted to get out of it in order to be a big boy.

5-8 I started to see that bedwetting comes with alot of consequences, sleepovers etc.

From 8 I've started to like it again.

From 11 I've started to see the real problems of bedwetting but in the same time I craved it.

At the age of 12 about I got out of it but still a bedwetter until at 15 about.

Finally when I've started to wake up dry the crave to begin padded came back but I've never got a chance to wear it again until in my early 20s when I married

Didnt get the opportunity to wear them. It was pre-goodnites era. I do wish Goodnites were around at that time so I can just not worry about wetting beds at sleepovers.

I wet the bed til I was about 6yo and was changed into Terry nappies and waterproof pants every night by our nanny. I was the oldest and my siblings were dry before me. I was then dry pretty much until aged 10/11 and started to wet the bed again. I was away at school and whilst it was embarrassing, there were quite a few of us who had to report to the matron before bed and were put into Terry nappy pants and waterproof pants and of course had the inevitable waterproof sheet on our beds. I continued to wet the bed until I was about 14. I was then pretty much dry until my mid 20s, bar drinking too much in my teens, when I had a spinal injury and from that moment on wet the bed every night. 40 years on and after further spinal injuries I am now in nappies 24/7. I hated being put into nappies at school but at least I wasn’t the only one and I felt very alone and embarrassed in my 20s as it definitely stopped me having relationships or staying away. Then in my 30s I met my now wife. I was open with her from the outset of our relationship and she has always been amazing. Now wearing nappies is just an everyday occurrence and they are just my normal underwear. Of course there are challenges or difficult situations - such as changing in public places - but now I don’t hate wearing nappies I just accept it is part of my life. In fact it is what enables me to lead a pretty much normal life.

Reactions: Davvyboy and Teddy02
I was never really a "bedwetter" as I stopped doing it except on rare occasions within the normal timeframe
However I can remember the very last time I wore a nappy as a precaution against bedwetting(I'm pretty sure I wasn't wearing them regularly by that time, just a plastic sheet), when I was 4 1/2 and we were on holiday. Ironically my memory is of pleading my parents to take off my nappy in the morning, whereas they wanted to stay in bed and snooze :)
Not sure why I didn't just take it off myself, are 4 1/2 year olds really too weak to pull off a tape, or had I been conditioned to think I couldn't?

I also remember telling my younger sister how comfortable it was to sleep without a nappy when she stopped wearing them

So I guess I was very happy to be out of them. Kind of ironic really. These days I have a kind of fascination with Bedwetting and the way it's dealt with at sleepovers/camps etc, and although I see the downsides and I kind of wish I could go back and wet the bed that night on holiday, and the next night, and the next...

Last edited:
Tenaman said:
I wet the bed til I was about 6yo and was changed into Terry nappies and waterproof pants every night by our nanny. I was the oldest and my siblings were dry before me. I was then dry pretty much until aged 10/11 and started to wet the bed again. I was away at school and whilst it was embarrassing, there were quite a few of us who had to report to the matron before bed and were put into Terry nappy pants and waterproof pants and of course had the inevitable waterproof sheet on our beds. I continued to wet the bed until I was about 14. I was then pretty much dry until my mid 20s, bar drinking too much in my teens, when I had a spinal injury and from that moment on wet the bed every night. 40 years on and after further spinal injuries I am now in nappies 24/7. I hated being put into nappies at school but at least I wasn’t the only one and I felt very alone and embarrassed in my 20s as it definitely stopped me having relationships or staying away. Then in my 30s I met my now wife. I was open with her from the outset of our relationship and she has always been amazing. Now wearing nappies is just an everyday occurrence and they are just my normal underwear. Of course there are challenges or difficult situations - such as changing in public places - but now I don’t hate wearing nappies I just accept it is part of my life. In fact it is what enables me to lead a pretty much normal life.
Excellent reply, thank you 😌

I remember my childhood friend who lived near me. He was always put in diapers whenever he was home sick and he was 8 at the time I was 9. This was around 1980 so the diapers then were the thick plasticky ones. His mom insisted he be diapered when he was bed ridden and didnt want him running to the bathroom. I remember him being so embarrassed telling me about this. Its funny though I never pushed the issue. He told me and said to keep it a secret. If he only knew I was telling people on ADISC about him over 40 years later LoL....I in a sense was actually a little jealous of him, my mom wouldve never entertained that idea when I got sick. She was strictly once you trained out of diapers you never ever wear them again! If only she knew nowadays of my liking and wearing of diapers nowadays!

Wondering if anyone else had the same experience. I started hating them a lot when friends or people from school spread rumors and BS and wouldn't want to hangout with me anymore. Bullying was kinda big at my school. And for a while, girls gave me that "gross" face if I talked to them. That made me so mad. Took a bit to shake the thing.

MikeDJ said:
I remember my childhood friend who lived near me. He was always put in diapers whenever he was home sick and he was 8 at the time I was 9. This was around 1980 so the diapers then were the thick plasticky ones. His mom insisted he be diapered when he was bed ridden and didnt want him running to the bathroom. I remember him being so embarrassed telling me about this. Its funny though I never pushed the issue. He told me and said to keep it a secret. If he only knew I was telling people on ADISC about him over 40 years later LoL....I in a sense was actually a little jealous of him, my mom wouldve never entertained that idea when I got sick. She was strictly once you trained out of diapers you never ever wear them again! If only she knew nowadays of my liking and wearing of diapers nowadays!
I felt exactly the same in the early seventies.
My ( pretend) cousin's were in nappies ( 7 and 8).
Their mum was awful and was borderline violent with them.
They had no choice.
But in a strange way I would have loved to have swapped places??

Davvyboy said:
I felt exactly the same in the early seventies.
My ( pretend) cousin's were in nappies ( 7 and 8).
Their mum was awful and was borderline violent with them.
They had no choice.
But in a strange way I would have loved to have swapped places??
My grandmas neighbor had lots on little kids and some were a bit older and they were all running around the yard in just nappies and t shirts often. Their mum also was a tad violent. She was always hitting them all and yelling constantly. I was also young and would play with them sometimes and it seemed they always were getting in trouble and always wearing nappies. I loved nappies but in now way wanted to be in their situation.

Back